News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Holster2

Member Name: Holster2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

South Pacific 2008 revival
 Jul 5 2013, 03:10:34 PM
That was a terrific show. That theater itself is wonderful, though. The space itself has this power of enhancing whatever show is in it.
Smell-O-Vision
 Jul 5 2013, 03:03:47 PM
Smell-O-Vision is a real thing?
iNTO THE WOODS Revival
 Jul 5 2013, 03:02:51 PM
"I don't know how the production at the Delacorte could have played any Broadway house and still have the same feel and physical production value."

It would have had to be redesigned to fit in a Broadway theater. Thinking about that show with a redesign is a little sad. A transfer could have fixed every problem (or nearly every problem) people had with it in the park.

Kelly Clarkson on Broadway
 Jul 5 2013, 02:47:53 PM
She has a very powerful voice, but she cannot sing high notes with ease anymore, especially sustained high notes. Her voice has gotten deeper and developed a rasp over the years. I am also in the camp that isn't sure she can pull off eight shows a week. She might be able to if it was only a featured role, though.
DROOD
 Nov 16 2012, 04:10:05 PM
Virginia Woolf
Giant
Golden Boy (which I have yet to see but imagine is terrific)

GIANT Reviews
 Nov 16 2012, 04:02:06 PM
"I wonder if they could re-tool it and add star casting in some roles to move it?"

Star casting for which role(s)? I could see them maybe replacing Brian D'Arcy James, Michele Pawk, and Mackenzie Mauzy since all three of them were new to this production. Kate Baldwin isn't going anywhere though at this point. She was terrific when I saw it, has gotten some wonderful reviews, and the creative team obviously loves her to keep her around - plus I've heard she's a dream to work wi

THE PERFORMERS Reviews
 Nov 14 2012, 12:32:15 PM
I had so much fun when I saw this. I hope the reviews treat the show kindly. It was a great time!
'GIANT' first preview
 Nov 14 2012, 12:28:09 PM
I got to see it this past weekend, and I thought it was great. Too long? Maybe. I can't tell you what I would cut though. There isn't anything glaring that is just screaming "TOO MUCH!" or "REDUNDANT!!!" in the show. I would love to see this go to Broadway, even though it is not commercial in the slightest. Being based on the novel and popular film, it already has an audience - an audience that is much older, the kind of audience that actually pays to go see shows on Broadway. LaChiusa ha
Breaking News: SCANDALOUS Cancels Today's Matinee; Carolee Carmello on 'Brief' Vocal Rest
 Nov 14 2012, 12:18:40 PM
"The good news for Ms. Carmello is that she'll probably need to perform the show/sing the score only a few more times after the reviews come out. Then she can get LOTS of vocal rest."

What a disgusting post. Do you not realize that if and when this show closes, a lot of people will be losing their jobs? Shame on you for making a joke about this. I don't care if this show is the worst thing to hit Broadway in years, which I highly doubt having seen Elling a couple years back.

Golden Boy Previews
 Nov 14 2012, 12:16:08 PM
I cannot wait to see this production. It is such a wonderful play! I can only imagine how great Seth is in this part.
War Horse LINCTIX seats
 Nov 13 2012, 01:51:00 PM
I actually think sitting in the Loge is better if you are getting tickets through LincTix. On the map, they look like terrible seats. In reality, they are wonderful, and you lose very, very little.
Info Revealed About Fourth Play In Richard Nelson's Apple Family Cycle
 Nov 13 2012, 01:48:38 PM
Regardless, I will keep seeing these shows for as long as they make them. The first was good. The second was absolutely wonderful. Sorry was fantastic as well, just maybe not as fantastic as Sweet And Sad. Seeing these productions with the same family and same actors each year is a tradition now that I will be sad to eventually and inevitably lose.
Info Revealed About Fourth Play In Richard Nelson's Apple Family Cycle
 Nov 13 2012, 01:47:01 PM
"Really? I was always led to believe that Sorry was the final installment, and that the trilogy would have a full run in rep at the Public."

I thought a fourth show was always public knowledge. I found out about this last year.

MOTOWN To Open At Lunt-Fontnne Theatre 4/14
 Aug 27 2012, 03:06:14 PM
"Let's be fair, I'm sure it's still being written. It might be good. Who knows."

I have a friend who did one of the (I assume) many workshops of this in the spring, I think it was. It may have been the fall. Regardless, it's actually supposed to be quite good.

MOTOWN To Open At Lunt-Fontnne Theatre 4/14
 Aug 27 2012, 02:59:56 PM
Wasn't this one of the theaters Into the Woods was supposedly eyeing? Now it's gone. The Hirschfeld is booked. I guess their rumored transfer really might be dead.
Mel C Wants To Play Eva Peron
 Aug 27 2012, 02:56:27 PM
I wouldn't mind it. Bring her in for a short engagement; extend her if she does well. I've been surprised by too many actors and actresses in roles that they could definitely not do, would be horrible in, would never be able to perform even remotely well, etc. I'm not going to write her off. She's also not going to play it, let's get real.
Intermissionless Shows
 Aug 27 2012, 02:49:09 PM
I love 90 minute (or less) shows with no intermission. If the show is really good, I'll forgive it for going up to 1hr 45 or so.
Sam Shepard's HEARTLESS (SPOILERS)
 Aug 27 2012, 02:47:33 PM
I've heard some pretty wretched things about it. I wanted to see it and try not to judge something while still in previews, but I've lost a lot of interest considering my friends said it literally makes no sense.
ELF to Return to Broadway This Winter; to Play Al Hirschfeld Theater
 Aug 10 2012, 01:16:39 PM
"most Disney (excluding Poppins, the Beast and the King)"

Doesn't that only leave Tarzan and The Little Mermaid?

Anyway, I missed Elf the first time around, so I am excited to see it this year if I can manage to get in there.

New Poll: Should INTO THE WOODS Move to Broadway After Its Central Park Run?
 Aug 10 2012, 01:11:41 PM
I agree with hyperbole, but I do think it will happen. I will not be shocked if there is a spring transfer. They will have to redesign the set, but two of the central complaints in the reviews from what I see is about the big/crazy set and the too busy and unfocused choreography. Scaling the set down would help simplify the choreography, presumably. I have seen the show twice now, and I think it would benefit from a few changes to reign it in a little.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You