News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Triple Threat Kid

Triple Threat Kid Profile Photo
Member Name: Triple Threat Kid
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

The Palace mezzanine
 Aug 30 2012, 02:50:45 PM
So, I will be attending Annie with a large group of people. We have the tickets and we are the first row of the mezzanine ( it might be first and second ). I know we can not specify how the seats are for the show, but how are they generally? Is there a bar in front of youand is it distracting?

And Another Hundred Dollypop Sock Puppets Just Got Off of the Train...
 Aug 30 2012, 02:33:09 PM
I actully just ordered that book! I could understand the scrim for protection, but those steps just boggle me. It was a nice design but as you said, not right for the show.
When Barbara Cook Quit Carrie
 Aug 30 2012, 02:31:06 PM
If she really gave him an axe she is my hero as well!
Plays Everyone Should Read
 Aug 30 2012, 02:15:29 PM
Time Stands Still and for comedy The Norman Conquests! There are so many! Haha

Aug 30 2012, 02:08:22 PM
Oh wow. I did have it wrong. Thanks for that. Another question, what was the white staircase supposed to be? It can't be heaven like my friends think! She is not dead yet!

Plays Everyone Should Read
 Aug 30 2012, 01:57:11 PM
For a more contemporary approach: Angles in America, August Osage County, Good People, and A Streetcar Named Desire! Everything above is great too!

Avenue Q
 Aug 30 2012, 01:23:47 PM
Can't help you there. I never saw a show there.
Avenue Q
 Aug 30 2012, 12:54:40 PM
No this is the right place to post this. Off-Topic is for things not Broadway pretty much. Gary Coleman is still in the show.
 Aug 30 2012, 12:47:31 PM
^^^Agreed! Tvat had to be an awful experience mid-show!
 Aug 30 2012, 11:06:27 AM
I always saw "that site", so I figured I had to do that. Can we move on from this? I'm not Dolly and that's that.
 Aug 30 2012, 10:18:38 AM
I can promise you that I am not Dollypop! I saw a lot more stuff this season than Godspell! I really thought we were not aloud to use YouTube's name! But thanks for the answers. I always have read these boards since I was young.
Barbara Cook- Carrie Incident?
 Aug 30 2012, 12:46:28 AM
Sorry I made the corrections! I was on my phone but I corrected it on my computer. Sorry! Do you know anything on the topic?
Barbara Cook- Carrie Incident?
 Aug 30 2012, 12:38:46 AM
I watched a video of the destruction on that site and I read comments saying that Barbara Cook was almost decapitated by the large staircase towards the end of the show! Does anyone know if this is true or not?

Good script suggestions?
 Aug 29 2012, 02:06:01 PM
Thanks guys! I recentley put in an order for some new ones! Not all that were suggested were ordered but I will deffinetley get them soon! I got Sperch & Debate, Lieutenant of Inishmore, Dog Sees God, Shining City, The Pillowman, Rabbit Hole, and Deathtrap! On Amazon they are all like 8 dollars ! Great price for these! The suggestions are great! I usually order 5 or 6 in a bunch every couple of months. Thanks guys
Good script suggestions?
 Aug 28 2012, 10:19:14 PM
Hey guys, I just finished reading all 5 plays by Tracy Letts (3 of them great, 2 mediocre). Now I need some new scripts to read before my classes start. I have Sons of the Prophet and The Lyons on pre-order. I really enjoy thrillers/mysteries ( Bug; and Deathtrap ) but I do e njoy a good comedy. Thanks guys!
Bug
 Aug 28 2012, 10:10:42 PM
The more I hear these reviews I really want to see a production! I would recommend you see this movie Leadingplayer. It seems that Lincoln Center did record this, so I might be there soon! I have to make an appointment.

Bug
 Aug 28 2012, 07:55:56 PM
I will check out Killer Joe! I forgot this was coming out this summer! I bet that was great too! Back to Bug, it has to have the right cast for it to succed I guess (but I guess every show does). Is thère any chance of a revival? Was it popular when it was out?
Bug
 Aug 28 2012, 07:21:06 PM
That sound effect had to be scary! Was it the sound of the fire (explosion?) or the helicopter they both heard?

Bug
 Aug 28 2012, 07:12:59 PM
Well it would be exciting! I never saw anything like that on stage before. The more I think about it, I guess it could work with the right people. It would be scary in an intimate space ! I believe it played where Tribes is currently playing when it opened off-broadway.

Bug
 Aug 28 2012, 06:20:04 PM
I watched Bug on DVD last night. I thought it was great, but I honestly cannot see this on the stage. Ashley Judd was great (but she never did a stage version) and Michael Shannon (who I believe was in all incarnations) was as well amazing! Did anyone see this on stage? How did it work? I would be very interested in seeing this if it ever comes back. Sorry for all these questions, but, is it likely there will be any revivals off-broadway? Thanks guys! Tjis was my first post.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You