News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for secondstar2theright

secondstar2theright Profile Photo
Member Name: secondstar2theright
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Which Musical (Original or Revival) Was A major Disappointment For You?
 Apr 21 2013, 03:52:19 PM
Vegetables will get thrown at me for this, but for me it would have to be Pippin.

Out of all the new shows that I had come into the city for to watch this spring, this was the one that I was looking forward to the most. Everyone and their mothers were raving about this show; people are expecting this to win Best Revival. I was expecting it to be my new favorite.

It just didn't happen. Maybe I hyped it up too much in my head. :-/ My friend who came with me did not like it either

Sleep No More?
 Jan 26 2013, 09:00:18 PM
Thanks, vegas! Will keep checking back then.
Sleep No More?
 Jan 26 2013, 07:02:50 PM
tickets are currently only through march 31st. anyone know if there is a chance that this could get extended? would love to see this when i come in april!
CINDERELLA Previews Thread.
 Jan 26 2013, 12:10:17 AM
I am loving this stage!
Broadway Tours 2013-2014
 Jan 14 2013, 10:30:32 PM
This, I saw. But the OP above was talking about Baltimore and San Antonio. I was wondering if other locations aside from CO, MD, and TX have been announced.
Broadway Tours 2013-2014
 Jan 14 2013, 10:12:19 PM
Where did you guys get your touring info for Peter and the Starcatcher? Did they put up an announcement that I missed?
Cinderella at Macy's Parade
 Nov 23 2012, 12:52:47 AM
I actually liked the godmother's dress/gown. Cinderella's dress however is a different story. There was no wow factor. And the fact that it was so white made me think of a really bad wedding dress. And the tiara, aside from looking quite weird, was so wiggly.
Thanksgiving Parade Performances
 Nov 23 2012, 12:45:12 AM
I didn't care for the Elf performances. I hope they get much better by the time that they open.

Nice Work seemed kind of boring.

I liked Cinderella and I really like Laura Osnes' voice! However, I was not particularly wow'd by her ball gown.

Schmackary's
 Nov 8 2012, 12:31:09 AM
I thought it was just ok. I tried the maple bacon, red velvet, and s'mores. I'd go to Schmackary's again, but I don't think it's omgsoooogooditissoamazing. Maybe I need to try it again...
I finally saw PETER & THE STARCATCHER Today
 Nov 5 2012, 11:14:03 PM
I've had my closing night ticket since the first day it went on sale because I love the show so much. I'm from the West coast though, and up until now, I'm still not sure if I should go. I *REALLY* want to see it on its last night, but I'm scared of what the weather will be like at that time. Not used to snow and blizzards and all that, so I'm getting paranoid about getting stuck there. January is the start of my work's suuuuper insane busy time. :-/
 Nov 5 2012, 11:00:19 AM
I never saw the other plays up for Best Play, but when I first saw this in August, I had to Google the results at intermission because I couldn't remember if Best Play was one of the awards they won.

I'm not entirely sure about my feelings about the movie yet. Part of me says I will hate it because all of that theater "magic" of ropes and yellow gloves etc. will not be in the movie, but the other half is thinking, omgaahh I can watch it over and over and it'll be more accessible!

Nov 4 2012, 11:13:45 PM
Yay!

PATSC does not get enough love around here.. *sadface*

Any release of Peter and the Starcatcher songs?
 Oct 26 2012, 01:40:06 AM
I've been wondering the same thing!

Back in June (around the same time as the Tony Awards), Celia Keenan-Bolger had posted some Instagram pictures of the the cast recording something. I thought maybe it was for Carols for A Cure, but recording for those didn't really happen until recently... So I don't know.

BROADWAY CARES EQUITY FIGHTS AIDS - Fall 2012 Collections
 Oct 25 2012, 12:34:01 AM
Until when does this usually last? Is it only through the holidays?
Show suggestions
 Oct 2 2012, 10:20:16 AM
Starcatcher for sure! Funny and super imaginative. It's one of my favorites! Go see it before it closes in January!
Motown Presentation
 Sep 28 2012, 11:22:53 AM
Glad the presentation went well! I've been excited about this since I saw them rehearse and perform onstage at Broadway on Broadway a few weeks ago!
PETER AND THE STARCATCHER Sets Final Broadway Performance for January 20, 2013
 Sep 28 2012, 11:09:44 AM
The current cast will most likely stay on through closing, right?
Peter could be posting its notice this weekend :(
 Sep 28 2012, 12:52:01 AM
Me too, me too! I saw it 3 times and wish I could've seen it more! So much creativity... And I loved the set and how they made use of each other as props.. The yellow gloves, the blanket!cat, the ropes, the way they made the sounds to make it seem like they were way below the ship and you can hear dripping water, the mermaids. The mermaids!!! Love, love, love!
Playbill - colored vs. black and white
 Sep 28 2012, 12:44:19 AM
Ooh that makes sense. Thanks guys!

TheTinyMagic - haha that would've made this a much more interesting thread for sure!

Peter could be posting its notice this weekend :(
 Sep 28 2012, 12:38:10 AM
Aw this makes me sad. I love this show a lot! I'm not surprised though because their weekly gross have been pretty low for a while now (an I think even around the time they opened, the grosses weren't particularly as high as everyone else's). I live in California, but I think in gonna have to go back to New York for closing night or something.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You