News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for BroadwayChica

BroadwayChica Profile Photo
Member Name: BroadwayChica
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Hamilton on Disney to be MUTED?  Jul 2 2020, 09:05:11 AM

Sutton Ross said: "Couldn't agree more. Since he started making 50 million+ a year he's made some really weird moves. Seeing him in Tick Tick Boom! and In The Heights is how I want to remember him the most.

Before he went Hollywood.
"

Y’all know In the Heights was censured during its Broadway run, right? f**k the bling and Show some ****ing spirit were removed from the show in order to make it more accessible to kids.
Lin di

The Inheritance - Previews  Sep 30 2019, 02:24:40 PM

For what it's worth, I saw Part 2 before Part 1 in London due to a scheduling conflict, and while I agree that it's preferable to see them in order, I had no problem following the story. I remember being confused at times with the audience's reactions to certain characters I had just met, but it was easy enough to follow the story, especially if you're familiar with Howard's End. Also, seeing the end of Part 1 as the conclusion to the entire play was a deeply moving experi

Lin-Manuel Miranda Will Star in HAMILTON in Puerto Rico in 2019  Nov 8 2017, 01:00:00 PM

Also, Lin could have chosen a giant commercial venue and sold out every night, but instead this will play at the University of Puerto Rico theatre, which is not a commercial venue. Tickets will be very hard to come by, but not overpriced (UPR students usually get in for free). And because it's not a commercial venue, it will make it harder to sell on the secondary market. So, you know. Give him some credit, he knows what he's doing. 

Lin-Manuel Miranda Will Star in HAMILTON in Puerto Rico in 2019  Nov 8 2017, 12:01:29 PM

This is set to happen in 2019, and of COURSE we welcome tourism to Puerto Rico. Our economy can't thrive if people decide not to come visit. So while yes, it's wonderful that local people of Puerto Rico will be able to see the show, and no doubt preference will be given to university of Puerto Rico students since that's the venue, of COURSE we welcome people from all over the world to fly to the island, spend money on local businesses and see the show. Lin knows what he's doin

OUR best of 2013 lists  Dec 22 2013, 02:46:10 PM
I'll play.

In no order:

Then She Fell
Twelfth Night
Saint Joan
Matilda
Pippin
Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf
Buyer and Cellar
Natasha Pierre and the Great Comet of 1812
The Glass Menagerie
Gentleman's Guide to Love and Murder

Annie vs Drood  Nov 25 2012, 05:29:51 PM
"You have to play Broadway before to be considered a revival"

Not true. Both "Assassins" and more recently "Normal Heart" were considered revivals come awards time, even though neither one had ever played on Broadway.

Do you think telecharge will let me exchange GlenGarry for different date  Nov 25 2012, 03:43:26 PM
I've purchased tickets for the wrong date through Telecharge before, and they've always exchanged them for me. Their customer service is great. Definitely give it a try.
DROOD Audience Voting Result Chart  Nov 18 2012, 06:29:33 PM
When I saw the show on Friday, the obnoxious audience member next to me clapped REALLY loudly for Andy Karl as Datchery, and when he was one of the only ones that did so, said "Well, *I* like him!"
DROOD Audience Voting Result Chart  Nov 17 2012, 01:37:26 AM
Was there tonight as well, seeing the show for the 2nd time. Bummed that we got Rosa as the murderer, since, great as her song is, I saw her last time. But I was THRILLED to see Bazzard as Datchery (he may be the most common result, but when I saw it last he wasn't selected at all) and ESPECIALLY about Helena and Neville. They were absolutely hilarious. The best part, though, was the obnoxious audience member in my section who, during their song, as the audience laughed and squealed, decided to
Your Favorite Amateur/Non-Broadway Composers??  Oct 27 2012, 12:00:49 PM
Peter Foley

http://www.hellagoodmusic.com

Annoying that he's not a household name by now. Infuriatingly talented.

2012 Broadway Flea Market Thread  Sep 23 2012, 05:36:59 PM
I got a lot of crap. Found some One Man, Two Guvnor tea bag sets, really cute. 2 for $1. And I love me some $1 t-shirts.
Motown/ Christmas Story  Sep 23 2012, 05:35:02 PM
They've been hanging that thing since 10 am today, and messed up about 3 times. They FINALLY got the letters in the right order. Looks hideous.
2012 Broadway Flea Market Thread  Sep 23 2012, 02:14:20 PM
A friend got me a One Man program for $1. I love the broadway flea market. Reaaally hope they still have the Once coasters when I make it down there.
2012 Broadway Flea Market Thread  Sep 23 2012, 12:17:10 PM
Any One Man Two Guvs merch anywhere? At work but hoping to go down there in about an hour.
Motown/ Christmas Story  Sep 23 2012, 11:19:16 AM
yeah, my bad. English is a second language, I get mixed up a lot. Also, I'm hungover. And dumb.
Motown/ Christmas Story  Sep 23 2012, 11:03:57 AM
No, they're selling Motown online. The BO isn't open for that yet.

ETA: Ok, mystery solved. We asked. They're filming a commercial. The Christmas Story marquis will be back up on Tuesday.

Motown/ Christmas Story  Sep 23 2012, 10:38:59 AM
Yeah, I just watched them take down the marquis for Christmas Story and put up all the Motown stuff. Ticket sales for Motown began today, and they have a big group sales presentation later this week, so maybe it has something to do with that? Bizarre.
Have you been backstage to a broadway theatre before?  Sep 9 2012, 04:55:16 PM
I've been backstage/dressing rooms at the Eugene O'Neill, the Barrymore and the Helen Hayes. It never gets old. :)
Into The Woods - TIX / LOTTO / LINE  Jul 29 2012, 11:03:02 AM
A friend is planning on standing in line tomorrow. Would 6 AM be early enough to secure tickets? I know there's no definite guarantee, but considering it's Monday and rain is expected, we're optimistic.
If you could pick just one winner tonight who would it be?  Jun 10 2012, 03:04:15 PM
James Corden for One Man. I wuv him.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You