News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for DonnaMurphyRocks

DonnaMurphyRocks Profile Photo
Member Name: DonnaMurphyRocks
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Can somebody give me a date?  Aug 5 2004, 04:18:05 AM

...That Donna Murphy is officially leaving Wonderful Town? I'm sorry to ask this question again but does anybody know the exact date her contract expires? I have tickets for September, and I don't mind watching Linda Mugleston, but I will ABSOLUTELY NOT watch Brooke Sheilds!!!!

re: Donna Sounds Fantastic  Jun 7 2004, 05:35:52 AM

I thought Donna was amazing too, but I wish they had let her sing the whole song instead of just part of it. It would have been nice if she would have won, but then I don't begrudge Idina a Tony either.

re: NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!  Jun 7 2004, 05:23:14 AM

I like Wicked, but I think Avenue Q deserved every award it got. I was so thrilled when it won Best Musical I brought out the champagne!

re: Best Actress - Musical TONY  May 20 2004, 08:02:55 PM

"Just as long as Donna Murphy isn't known as a 3 time Tony award winner from June 6th on, everything will be just fine."

How?

"I didn't see "Wonderful Town, but I just don't think she needs another one."

I know what you mean. I didn't see "The Boy From Oz", but I don't think Hugh Jackman needs to win another award for it.

re: My 11:30 with Donna Murphy  May 12 2004, 02:55:21 AM

Thanks everyone for your info =) I'm surprised she already had time to film a pilot and star in WT at the same time.

My 11:30 with Donna Murphy  May 12 2004, 12:17:57 AM

Doesn't that sound nice, like I just had coffee with her or something?

No really, Donna is on the schedule to defintely star in an NBC sitcom called "My 11:30", which co-stars Jeff Goldblum and in which she plays a psychiatrist. It premieres in September, so I was wondering, does that mean she's leaving Wonderful Town in the summertime, or will the show be closed by then? Does anybody know?

re: Idina & Kristen go head to head with DONNA  May 10 2004, 07:17:02 PM

I think all these 5 actresses are wonderful, but I also think Donna should start writing her acceptance speech RIGHT NOW!!

re: re: re: re: re: re: A show everyone likes  Apr 12 2004, 12:43:01 AM

The answer is obvious - Passion.

re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Hmm......  Apr 6 2004, 07:45:32 PM

Oh yes, I would cherish that DVD!

re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Hmm......  Apr 6 2004, 07:34:11 PM

I love the musical, but wouldn't it be interesting to see a non-singing movie that is based entirely on the book? The book has so many fascinating things in it that were never mentioned in the musical, and I just think there should be another adaptation to go along with the show that's now on Broadway. I just don't think, as great as the musical is, it should be the "one and only" adaptation of this great story. And that way, you wouldn't have to worry about whether the actors can sing or n

re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Langella is a GOD???  Apr 6 2004, 06:38:44 PM

People actually thought he was sexy in "Diary of a Mad Housewife"? I'll have to pass that on to my mom, because she loved him in that. I thought he was a SNAKE!

re: re: re: re: Donna Murphy  Apr 6 2004, 06:25:21 PM

FrontRow, on the DVD of Passion, Stephen Sondheim and James Lapine said that it was ironic that the one time they didn't have to cast an actress who was both talented and attractive, they ended up with Donna, who was beautiful. Sondheim said that that the most they could make her look was plain, not ugly, and that she mostly had to "act" the ugliness of her role.

re: re: The Musical of Musicals  Apr 4 2004, 01:50:03 AM

Yes, I saw it last December :)

re: re: re: re: re: re: Nick & Nora  Apr 2 2004, 05:27:40 PM

Thanks everyone!! I think I'll give it a try.

Nick & Nora  Apr 1 2004, 11:28:22 PM

I was just wondering if anybody saw "Nick & Nora", and if the cast recording is worth buying. I'm totally in love with "The Thin Man" movies and I'm a big fan of Joanna Gleason, and I was wondering if the musical did them any justice. Thanks.

re: Donna Murphy  Apr 1 2004, 10:54:50 PM

I think Donna said she's lost eight pounds since rehearsals started for WT, because of all the physical stuff she does during the show.

However, personally I think she's gorgeous =)

re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Wonderful Town  Apr 1 2004, 01:50:40 AM

I think he's an usher at the Hirschfeld. I've wondered which one, because I've seen the show 4 times now. JRB, do you remember a blonde girl who lost her ticket in the lobby in February? Was that you who told me that Mary had it?

re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Wonderful Town  Apr 1 2004, 01:23:48 AM

jrb_actor, you have the best job in the world, you know that! :)

re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: New Quiz - WICKED, Part I  Mar 22 2004, 04:09:31 AM

I got 9 out of 10! I think I'll celebrate by listening to the CD yet again.

re: re: If You Were A Character In A Broadway Musical Who Would You Be?  Mar 22 2004, 04:03:40 AM

Elphaba normally - she's my symbiotic twin - and when I go out on dates, definitely Ruth Sherwood. I should take her advice and practice giggling more.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You