News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Katt

Katt Profile Photo
Member Name: Katt
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: The Search for Elle Woods: The Spoiler thread
 Jul 22 2008, 12:17:30 AM
Wow, your definition of chubby is very different from mine.
re: Questions re Wicked $$$ grosses
 May 7 2006, 05:41:49 PM
Oh, I was just thinking in terms of percentage, because that's what I usually look at. Well, just ignore me then. :)
re: Questions re Wicked $$$ grosses
 May 7 2006, 05:37:31 PM
Actually, Wicked hasn't been on top every week. It doesn't have SRO, so there are a lot of shows over 100 percent, and Wicked is at full capacity at 100.
re: Grease hype?
 May 7 2006, 12:24:53 AM
Oh yeah, apparently that was a huge deal in the movie. Travolta wanted to use it a lot in Greased Lightning, and the movie producers were freaking out about it.

But really...that just goes over kids heads anyway.

And I agree about Those Magic Changes. I really love that song.

May 7 2006, 12:11:44 AM
I can't remember, but she probably said "Nah, screw it, or something"
She definitely didn't saw F*ck though.

I think it was the making out onstage, etc, that riled the parents up.

I was glad that our school didn't decide to try to put songs from the movie in the play. I've heard a lot of productions do that now.

May 6 2006, 11:53:11 PM
They didn't completely cut out "Those Magic Changes". It was one of the songs playing at the dance.
 May 6 2006, 09:44:27 PM
"Its just a good family musical."

Not really... I guess maybe if the references go over the kids heads, but the movie has a lot of bad references. And when we performed the musical at our high school, a lot of parents freaked out about how it wasn't appropriate.

re: Kate Reinders to be Glinda on Bway- May 30
 May 5 2006, 11:55:59 PM
Popular...I was also. She really was great, and she doesn't go on nearly enough.
 May 5 2006, 07:46:13 PM
Hmm, I missed that. Oh well, shows how much I pay attention! Too bad.
 May 5 2006, 07:37:28 PM
What I would love to see is:

Julia being Elphaba on Broadway
Katie Adams full time Glinda on Broadway
New Broadway Fiyero

May 5 2006, 07:29:30 PM
"Well Julia murney hasn't played the role beofore..."

Julia isn't on Broadway though (yet). What they are saying is that they continually have people go to Broadway from the tour, or promote the standbys.

Eden and Julia both leave their roles around the same time...so, Julia could end up being the next Broadway Elphaba.

re: Quality of Wicked on Tour vs Wicked on Bway/Chicago?
 May 5 2006, 06:57:03 PM
Well, the tour DOESN'T have Derrick anymore, so IMO that's a good thing. I really didn't like his Fiyero.

Oh, and I agree with everyone else. It has Julia!

re: How much does a good theater effect a show?
 May 3 2006, 12:01:10 AM
I heard it a lot worse actually, and it smelled weird.

re: How much does a good theater effect a show?
 May 2 2006, 11:36:54 PM
It's funny that people don't understand that though. When I was there a few months ago, the people next to me commented on how they must be renovating the theater because of the scaffolding, and how they needed to fix it up, but they were probably waiting until they had more money, because the show was only a year or two old.

They were very suprised when I told them it was 10 years old, and that it was supposed to look like that.

re: When does Mimi sing out tonight?
 May 2 2006, 11:02:40 PM
First of all, it's "Tonight's the night" not "Tonight Tonight", and second, it takes place after the song "Life Support" in the play, which is a few hours before the protest. She's in her apartment during the song.
re: Who should star in a movie version of Aida? And why?
 May 2 2006, 12:21:26 PM
Every single scene in that movie that she was in was basically some guy drooling at her. She did nothing.
re: Who should star in a movie version of Aida? And why?
 May 2 2006, 11:45:38 AM
He's only 35, he's got a while before then. :P
re: Condolences to Shoshana Bean
 May 1 2006, 01:10:02 PM
Oh wow, that's horrible.
re: Plays Everyone Should Read
 Apr 30 2006, 09:19:35 PM
This Property Is Condemned
re: slightly disappointed
 Apr 30 2006, 06:55:24 PM
Okay, there's already been countless things about this, but I don't understand why people expect SO much from them. They gave almost an entire performance! They could have just stood up there with music stands (which is originally what they thought they were going to do, until the day before the performance). So, if someone crosses their legs, it means they don't want to be there? She looked very happy to me, she was joking around with the cast members and high fiving Daphne.

Maur

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You