News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for BluePurpleYellowRed

Member Name: BluePurpleYellowRed
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

The Band's Visit Rush Policy Announced
 Nov 10 2017, 01:18:11 PM
Possibly dumb question - do they sell rush seats upon box office opening for both the matinee and the evening show on two show days? Or do they wait to start rush sales for the evening show only after the matinee ends? Just trying to decide how early to arrive. Thanks.
Sunset Boulevard seating questions
 Feb 7 2017, 04:37:01 PM

Thanks to both of you!  Sounds like on balance a pretty decent seat...especially given the price.  :)

Sunset Boulevard seating questions
 Feb 7 2017, 03:18:05 PM

Funny that so many of us seem to have booked these same exact seats!  My friends and I are in M2, M4, and M6 in a few weeks.  Thanks for those who have commented already.

For those who have sat there/posted the photo - any sense that the far right seats (e.g. M6) have any obstruction?  Are the seats in those raised sections angled toward the stage?  (From the photo and seating chart, it seems like there is an inward angle - but not totally clear.)  

Barbra sings from GYPSY
 Oct 11 2012, 04:19:04 PM
OK you asked - more SPOILERS ahead...

A few other favorite or interesting moments:

Show opened with a slide show of her growing up in Brooklyn and then becoming famous. When she appeared, the audience went pretty mad. (I was on the floor of the arena, and it was loud, especially considering the median age in the arena had to be 45-50....I'm 33).

She does a few numbers with the lyrics changed for her - "As If We Never Said Goodbye" is changed into lyrics about Brookly

Barbra sings from GYPSY
 Oct 11 2012, 11:09:05 AM
My first post on BWW - but for whatever reason, this prompted me to respond.

I was at the Philly concert, and when I started hearing them play the Gypsy music as a segue, I was intrigued ... even whispering out loud, "Oh, she's gonna do that?!" Audience members next to me seemed more into her pop stuff, but I was def into the Broadway angle.

Anyway, agree with posters that this was not the finest moment of her show. She did forget a lyric and, yes, she was a bit raspy on

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You