News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for JuanValjean72

JuanValjean72 Profile Photo
Member Name: JuanValjean72
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Songs of Immigration and Culture  Mar 5 2019, 04:33:14 PM

Hi all, I'm putting together a concert at my alma mater as part of a biannual themed theatre festival. This semester's theme is Immigration and I need some help adding to what I've gotten so far. The songs themselves don't have to outright be about immigration, but they can at least touch on culture, change, etc.

So far I have:

• A New World from Songs From A New World
  • Inutil from In The Heights

Lapine Wants To Make SUNDAY IN THE PARK Movie  Jan 9 2015, 05:23:09 PM
Johnny Depp does not have the vocal range for this role, it's far too demanding, unless they transpose everything which would just take away from some of George's most intense moments. It's one of my favorite musicals and would love to see it as a film, I'm just not seeing how it would work altogether, but the ideas I've read so far are really interesting :)
How long do you think the long-running shows have left?  Feb 15 2014, 09:54:25 AM
I think Chicago has another year or so left, unless they cast some really big names with actual talent. Wicked and Lion King have well over another 10 years left in them, I think Book of Mormon is a similar case. And it's only around this time of year that Phantom doesn't do all that great, but over this entire summer it made over a million a week.
Any early Tony Predictions?  Jan 12 2014, 01:59:27 PM
I saw A Gentleman's Guide to Love and Murder last night and it was funniest show I've seen on Broadway. I think Jefferson Mays and Bryce Pinkham will both get nominated for their performances. Their roles were hilarious and very well executed by them both. It may also get nominations for best score, book and orchestrations (Jonathan Tunick). It's the only new musical I've seen this season, but I saw The Winslow Boy a few months ago, and I'm thinking Roger Rees will get nominated for Leading Acto
I want to compose for Broadway  Nov 16 2013, 11:01:23 PM
I go to school at a small college with an even smaller theatre program but people are very supportive of it and see the plays put on every year, and I wrote the book for a revue musical mostly on Sondheim and Kander & Ebb's work and had it performed this past April, and I'm writing an original musical to be performed in March. It's no easy task to write a musical, but I agree with what others have suggested. Either write a script or have someone write one for you and starting thinking of songs t
BIG FISH to Close on Broadway December 29, 2013  Nov 10 2013, 09:15:41 PM
I've yet to see the show but if he's as good in this role as Rob McClure was in Chaplin, he'll definitely get a nod in it. I can't think of too many other shows that have/will have a strong male lead to beat him out of a nomination.
re: Can Michael Cerveris Grow Hair?  Nov 8 2013, 11:41:56 PM
He said in some interview that during TOMMY the wigs got too annoying and he preferred to just shave his head bald. Plus, it gives some creative freedom to make him fit a character better since nearly all of his latest roles have wigs to appear as a certain character. He doesn't have the burden of settling for a look, it can be whatever the designers/director wishes.
Charlie Brown  Oct 31 2013, 01:22:38 AM
I played the role of Charlie Brown last year at a local theatre, and I agree that Anthony Rapp's rendition isn't the best to work off of. Really, just stick to the original character. However, some of the songs don't let Charlie Brown stay as self-kept and shy as he normally is, like in The Book Report, his part makes him frantic and on the verge of a nervous breakdown; it's the same for the song The Kite, he's panicky and all over the place. In his scenes with Lucy, however you get to see the l
Best Play on Broadway?  Oct 27 2013, 01:42:34 AM
I agree, Roundabout's The Winslow Boy was fantastic, phenomenal acting from Roger Rees and Michael Cumpsty
re: what would be your dream role to play on broadway and why  Oct 27 2013, 01:29:39 AM
I'd love to play Javert or Sweeney Todd. I'm love the anti-hero characters, and the baritone roles seem grittier and more challenging than most tenor roles.
King Kong Coming to Broadway?  Oct 24 2013, 12:18:54 AM
as long as it makes money, investors will be happy. That's all they worry about. Unfortunately, not seeing a show as a hit that can make back its investment is why so many shows aren't produced anymore
Best Show to See Multiple Times?  Oct 23 2013, 11:35:43 PM
The only show I've seen more than once (mostly because they're productions with limited runs or were closing soon) was Phantom of the Opera, and I liked each time because the principles were different every time, either the Phantom, or Christine and Raoul. I feel Chicago would be a good one too since they're constantly changing the leads as well
New Web Series, Taking Your Questions!  Sep 30 2013, 12:20:36 PM
Hi all!

I'm starting a new web series at my college called StageCommentary and it's about the latest, relevant news on Film, TV and Theatre and there's a section of the show called StageTalk where we take questions from viewers, Twitter and Facebook and answer them and we're in need of questions about any topics relating to Film, TV or Theatre. If you have any please post them here, or follow us on Twitter @StageCommentary and tweet us your questions there. Thanks so much!

The 2013 Flea Market Thread  Sep 25 2013, 11:53:47 PM
some of my favorite finds were a vocal selections book from Sondheim's Passion for $5, a Curtains Original Cast Album CD for $5, and a handful of plays from Dramatists for $1 each, and the original cast albums of Les Miserables & You're A Good Man, Charlie Brown for $5. :)
Broadway Flea Market - Poster/Autographs  Sep 21 2013, 10:00:14 PM
I remember last year they gave those out but only to the people who had the BC/EFA volunteer take a picture with a polaroid camera.
Weather Not Looking Good For Broadway Flea Market  Sep 17 2013, 11:32:07 PM
Someone tweeted at the BC/EFA twitter concerning the weather, they responded saying it's a Rain or Shine event. Not too sure what that means, if they'll be moving it anywhere but I'm assuming it means they won't be moving it due to weather
Broadway Flea Market Autograph Table and Photo Booth  Sep 13 2013, 02:23:28 PM
From what I remember from last year, which was my first time going to the flea market, it was $10 for a photo with a celebrity, and $20 for the block of celebrities for autographs and what not. I also felt really awkward seeing people on the line up who I didn't know, so I made it my mission to at least find a playbill for them to sign, which went from 30 cents to $1, but I didn't find any Mamma Mia playbills, so they just signed a little slip of paper and I have those in my collection.

Songs That End Softly  Sep 13 2013, 12:53:51 PM
"Not A Day Goes By" from Merrily We Roll Along
Brian d'Arcy James  Sep 3 2013, 10:37:11 PM
He's joined the cast of the LCT's revival of Macbeth, as Banquo! Good for him, great role.
Play recommendations  Aug 28 2013, 10:31:09 AM
@dramamama Well for a few reasons. I'm going into the city soon and I always visit Theatre Circle and they have an entire back room of plays, all from Dramatists, plus its the only plays they sell at my college's bookstore as well. And it's easy to order the plays in groups off of their website.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You