News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Megan Marie

Megan Marie Profile Photo
Member Name: Megan Marie
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

BIG QUESTION: Name as many Musicals that were originally broadway plays
 Feb 18 2004, 06:24:39 PM
My musical theatre director just asked the group to find 10 musicals that were originally broadway plays. If I get these, I get a copy of Sweeney Todd cast recording. Please if anyone can give me any of these, it would be greatly appreciated.
thank you!!!

To Those Performers Out There: Whats In Your Repotoire When You Audition?
 Jan 29 2004, 01:21:43 PM
This includes monolgues and musical numbers you use when you audition for theatre. Include your voice range (alto, soprano, etc) I would love to hear from everyone!
re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Has Musical Theatre Changed Your Life In Anyway?
 Jan 20 2004, 09:46:35 PM
eponine88, your story is completely touching in itself. You have an amazing amount of strength my dear girl. I hope you never ever lose that.

Everyone else as well has just made my day so much better by letting me hear how musical theatre has influenced your lives in one way or another. I love it! :)

re: re: What Inspires You?
 Jan 20 2004, 07:13:30 PM
Bernadette Peters
Stephan Sondhiem as well as Stephan Schwartz
My voice instructor/musical theatre director R. Ursan
Julie Andrews
Johnathan Larson *BIGTIME**

re: re: re: Has Musical Theatre Changed Your Life In Anyway?
 Jan 20 2004, 07:00:39 PM
I think its amazing for people to find something that they can get just an energy out of.
MasterLcZ I hope your not lonely anymore :)

Has Musical Theatre Changed Your Life In Anyway?
 Jan 20 2004, 06:46:00 PM
I remember I was in Grade 11 when I got into musical theatre and honnestly, that was the year I found exactly who I was and what I needed to do in my lifetime. I found this unbelievable passion in singing, dancing and drama that I had never felt before.
For 2 1/2 years I was suicidal, I did drugs all the time, I drank 24/7 and I was so unhappy I didn't know what I was going to do with my life. I always knew that I wanted to perform in some way because I had danced and sang my entire life,

re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Your 16 Bars.
 Jan 18 2004, 11:09:57 AM
Thats pretty crazy Elphie cuz I've used "Nothing" "I Enjoy Being A Girl" and "All That JAzz" as well over the years. Funny stuff.
I'm trying to figure out some other songs to do because I'm auditioning everywhere this spring since Im graduating. Everyones given me some really good ideas. :)

All The Musicals You've Seen In Your Lifetime (Broadway, Off-Broadway or Off-Off-Broadway)
 Jan 15 2004, 11:47:20 AM
Let me know what everyone has seen out there. From your first show to your last show.
re: re: re: re: re: re:
 Jan 15 2004, 10:48:59 AM
I cant believe no one has said Britney Spears yet. If she comes to Broadway, all itll be is lipsyncing. Don't get me wrong I think she is a fabulous dancer and is great onstage, but she cant sing worth anything.
People You Hope Will NEVER Come/Come Back To Broadway
 Jan 14 2004, 05:07:21 PM
There are so many of these people out there that we have heard would like to come to Broadway. Who are you wanting to stay where they are and stay away from Broadway? Why don't you want them there? Name as many as you want.
Why Did Amour Close? Explain It To Me
 Jan 14 2004, 04:35:40 PM
I think it would have had a better chance off-broadway because I still stick to that its a fantastic show. No its not a huge production you know, but I think it would have had the staying power being off-broadway. At least I hope it would have, I guess we may never know right?
Loving The Broadway Radio
 Jan 14 2004, 11:33:47 AM
Its all I've been listening to for the last few weeks, and I absolutely love all the new music that has been added. I've gotten tons of my friends from my performing company listening to it, and they love it as well. Fantastic work on the playlists too, but now I have to go out and get these fabulous recordings. Even hearing one song and I'm hooked (pete n keely, a new brain, etc). There goes another couple hundred of dollars i can't afford in the first place.:) Well anyway, thanks for B
re: re: re: Why Did Amour Close? Explain It To Me
 Jan 14 2004, 11:22:04 AM
Thats what I figured why it closed. I just think the show was with such raw talent that people would love it for that....but i guess your right about the whole razzle dazzle thing
Why Did Amour Close? Explain It To Me
 Jan 14 2004, 11:15:16 AM
I was listening to the recording with my vocal teacher this weekend, and it has some of the nicest, most beautiful music ever. So why in heavens name did it close so quickly? Its quite upsetting...
re: re: Jerry Springer The Musical <------anyone else want it here?
 Jan 13 2004, 10:49:56 PM
Its just fantasically hilarious isn't it? I can't wait to see what kind of impact its going to have over here.
Jerry Springer The Musical <------anyone else want it here?
 Jan 13 2004, 10:25:08 PM
I think this musical is just fantastic (great score, funny story), but I'm sure many people have different thoughts about it. Does anyone have any idea if its going to come over to Broadway? Its been just amazingly successful in England and I really wish it would get over here.
Tell me what you think about this show, I'm dying to hear everyones comments

To Those Performers Out There: The Musicals
 Jan 13 2004, 09:52:21 PM
Mine I'd have to say would be:

Mimi - RENT
Mrs. Lovett - SWEENEY TODD
Maria - WEST SIDE STORY (i wish i could sing the notes the character has to hit, but tough luck for me so theres no way im landing this part)
Millie - THROUGHLY MODERN MILLIE
Annie - ANNIE, GET YOUR GUN
Velma - CHICAGO

I have a lot more, but these are the biggies that I would love to play.

To Those Performers Out There: The Musicals You Were Born To Be In
 Jan 13 2004, 06:42:43 PM
I think this was already a thread, but to my fellow performers out there , What are your top 5 musicals that you would love to do before you die? Parts you believe you were born to play, and if you had a chance you would jump at the chance to play that one character, or sing that one song?
It can also be plays if you like. The options are wide open, let me know what you were born to play :)

Websites To Find Monologues From Musicals
 Jan 12 2004, 02:32:58 PM
Hey all,
Well Im graduating from highschool this year and I am in the midst of getting together a repatoire picked out because I'm planning to be auditioning for some theatre schools in Canada and possibly New York. I haven't been able to find many good monologues lately and I was wondering if anyone knew of any websites that have some really good monologues in them. I would like some from actual musicals too, but I'm open to any advice or ideas. Tell me what you think.

Thanks!

re: re: The Cheapest/Most Efficient Time Of The Year To See Broadway
 Jan 11 2004, 10:43:11 PM
I would have loved to go in this time of the year, but I'm in the midst of putting on 2 musicals right now, so I was thinking more after August. However I am checking out that website! Thanks a lot!
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You