News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for sopranostar

sopranostar Profile Photo
Member Name: sopranostar
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Tips for hitting that high note
 Jul 24 2004, 06:50:12 PM
Late response... Sometimes it helps if you don't think of the note as that 'high note'. Don't pay attention to it. Don't give it a designated name. Its just another note in the song that you have to sing. A lot of trouble from singing high notes comes with being afraid of them and afraid of your sound.

But always listen to what your voice teacher tells you! They know best!(most of the time...)

re: Is Hunter Foster Nice?
 Jun 11 2004, 02:10:25 AM
I was going to woo him with my feminine ways... but alas, he was out the night I went to see Urinetown.
re: Is Hunter Foster Nice?
 Jun 11 2004, 02:00:00 AM
Trust me, I've thought of everything to get rid of Jen Cody (including stepping on her...). She's just too damn nice to get rid of!

re: PERFORMING ARTS COLLEGES
 Jun 10 2004, 11:27:26 PM
Another couple things to remember... Each program is what you make of it and stage time is valueable.

I don't doubt that you'll get great training at CCM or Boston, but those are large programs with many people vying for stage time. Sure, going to a large conservatory school sounds impressive, but if you don't get any stage time, it won't do you any good. I'm going to a small liberal arts school in Iowa right now and I'm getting amazing opportunities as far as shows go. Look around at som

re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Tear Jerkers
 Dec 26 2003, 01:01:13 AM
Nobody Needs to Know - The Last Five Years
All The Wasted Time - Parade (first show ever that I left the theater, still crying)

re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Depressing Finales
 Dec 25 2003, 10:32:09 PM
I have to add my nod to Parade. I was still crying when I left the theater.
re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Revival of Fiddler on the Roof
 Dec 25 2003, 03:46:02 PM
Not bad for my first post, eh? :) I've been lurking around here for quite some time now, I just decided to come out of hiding (not really sure why I was in "hiding"....)
re: re: re: re: re: re: Revival of Fiddler on the Roof
 Dec 25 2003, 03:30:51 PM
Umm... BillyLawlor, you do realize that the majority of Broadway shows from back in the day were based off a book or a previously written play, right? Fiddler was based off a book of stories written by Sholom Aleichem. Very few shows are purely original stories.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You