News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for downtowndiva84

downtowndiva84 Profile Photo
Member Name: downtowndiva84
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: More on Meryl Streep & Mother Courage
 Jul 13 2006, 02:52:04 PM
It is a play with music, but is not actually classified as a "musical".
re: Your Name In Lyrics
 Apr 22 2006, 03:16:39 AM
For a really long time I thought the Gin Blossoms song entitled "Hey Jealousy" was called "Hey Chelsea". I was really disappointed when I learned the truth.

I do have "Chelsea Morning" by Joni Mitchell though.

re: Matthew Morrison won WICKED Lottery
 Apr 20 2006, 02:10:56 PM
House seats are SOMETIMES comped though...I guess it depends on the show. My dad's friend played Jean Valjean in Les Miz awhile back and I was able to get a second row comp. That was towards the end of Les Miz's run though. I'm sure for something like Wicked there are NO freebies ever.
re: New Rent Tour Pictures
 Apr 11 2006, 08:06:20 PM
I knew Jed back in middle school, and all the girls (myself included) were in love with him. He's adorable and charismatic and talented and gah. I so desperately wish I could see him as Mark.

I am glad he cut his hair. :)

re: Bad audience behavior - revisited
 Apr 11 2006, 07:07:32 PM
People in front of me during "Phantom" were doing more than making out.

Yeah, it's disgusting.

re: Rent Review 4/3
 Apr 11 2006, 05:34:10 PM
I agree about Tim's crazy faces. I saw it from the front row so they were particularly distracting.

And I don't know about him vocally...I REALLY felt like he was yelling a lot of the time. Again, maybe that's because I was sitting right next to one of the speakers but still. His Roger had a lot of anger, but where was the heart?

re: Julia Roberts Stage Door - Arrival Time?
 Apr 11 2006, 04:30:37 PM
From reviews I've read it does NOT live up to all the insanity surrounding Miss Roberts.

Honestly I think you should probably give up on the photo. I hear she barely signs as it is, and I don't blame her as the crowd has been REALLY frenzied and badly behaved.

re: Rent Review 4/3
 Apr 11 2006, 04:24:33 PM
I liked Haven a lot as well. :)

Eh, I think Caplan is good. I know a lot of people disagree. But he brings something different to the role of Mark anyway, which I always appreciate.

I wish I could see what people see in Tim Howar. People seem to love him. I didn't.

re: Keira Knightly - Wouldn't she be loverly?
 Apr 11 2006, 11:35:24 AM
I read an interview (can't remember where) where Keira herself described herself as an awful singer.

Doesn't mean she won't get cast though. And it doesn't mean she won't do a good job. Studio mixing can do wonders.

re: 'Tryst' nudity
 Apr 10 2006, 12:38:04 PM
Oh, Grease 2. My biggest guilty pleausure. Whenever I'm feeling down, I pop it in. There's nothing that a little "Reproduction" and "A Girl For All Seasons" can't cure.

How are Max's acting chops in this? I haven't seen him in anything other than Grease 2...

re: The wave does not belong in the theater!
 Apr 8 2006, 11:12:08 PM
That. is. horrifying.

Gah.

re: Rent Tour (Chicago) Oh My!
 Apr 8 2006, 04:16:57 PM
Yeah, I meant bad buzz about the production not about Jed. :)

I've heard GREAT things about his Mark and am very happy for him! I only wish I could see it..

re: Rent Tour (Chicago) Oh My!
 Apr 8 2006, 02:45:23 PM
I knew Jed Resnick back when I was in middle school and I was so excited to hear he was playing Mark. I'm not gonna get to catch the tour as I'm in NYC, but I've been disappointed to hear the bad buzz.
re: Adam Pascal Appearance Dates
 Apr 5 2006, 08:20:34 PM
Thank you so much to everyone who's been giving such in-depth info about the shows! I am so excited for tomorrow nite I can't even speak about it...
re: Adam Pascal guest starring on Cold Case
 Apr 3 2006, 01:24:50 PM
Sigh, I'm so just going to resist the urge to get into a debate about Adam's acting. I would like to think I am not some blind fangirl who thinks everything he has ever done is the most fantastic piece of art I've ever seen. That being said, I REALLY liked this episode.

Yes, "Cold Case" is cheesy--it is my guilty pleasure show. I adore crime shows, and this one is certainly a lot more campy than your "Law and Orders" and what have you, but there is something sort of charming about CC th

Mar 27 2006, 11:42:40 PM
I'm going with two male friends...although they didn't need much convincing...and only one of them is gay.
 Mar 27 2006, 06:51:25 PM
Oh, I'm very good at feigning innocence...and pretending I don't speak English when all else fails. :)
 Mar 27 2006, 06:45:15 PM

You can never tell how strict they're going to be about that camera rule. When Green Day came to my school they had said the same thing so I naively followed the rules, only to find out that EVERYONE there was BLATANTLY taking pics. So we'll see.

yes, orangeskittles i'll be at Cortland too. 10 days!

Mar 27 2006, 06:06:14 PM
I don't know what the situation is at other schools but for the Cortland date it says RIGHT ON THE TICKET no photos/cameras.

I'm so tempted to sneak it in but I don't want them to confiscate my camera either.

Mar 26 2006, 02:52:05 AM
"He rarely sings showtunes at these kinds of gigs; so, yeah, I'd expect primarily his own music, stuff that made it onto the albums and stuff that didn't. It sounds like he'll be throwing in some more showtunes, which is definitely cool."

On the Cortland site it just says that he will be singing with piano accompaniament (can't spell tonite, buzzed.) Which seems odd for any of his own songs, no? It would seem to lean more towards showtunes...so I am confuzzled

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You