News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for spikethebunny

spikethebunny Profile Photo
Member Name: spikethebunny
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

National Tours / Venues postponing or canceling stops due to CoronaVirus  Mar 12 2020, 08:13:50 PM
Mirvish in Toronto announced today all shows will go on as planned, but they have relaxed refund/exchange policies.
Broadway and the Coronavirus  Mar 11 2020, 08:19:52 PM
I emailed telecharge yesterday, and a little over 24 hours later, they refunded all three shows I had tickets to. No hassle at all.
Broadway and the Coronavirus  Mar 9 2020, 09:35:16 PM
Pearl Jam just postponed their entire tour. Our trip to NYC revolved around seeing them at MSG and then attending a bunch of shows. I’m asthmatic, so we were conflicted about going but I guess that made the decision for us. Now to see if we can get any refunds on our show tickets.
Broadway and the Coronavirus  Mar 7 2020, 10:24:47 PM

jenhum said: "I might have to cancel mytrip in two weeks. I'm not prone to overreaction, but I have cystic fibrosis and my lungs are in bad enough shape that I'm not sure it's worth the risk. Really I'm more concerned about the plane ride and being in the airport. Hopefully I'll be able to get refunds or reschedule the shows I already have tickets for ."

I’m trying to decide if I should cancel my trip at the end of this month. I have asthma, and two parents with cancer (not traveling with me, but I worry about getting them sick). We are taking the train there, and have tickets for five shows and a concert at MSG. My hotel and train are cancellable, but I don’t know what to do about the show tickets. 

Coronavirus affecting stagedoors?  Mar 7 2020, 12:34:36 PM
Eva posted on her instagram stories last night that the cast of Hadestown will not be stage-dooring and will not accept backstage guests for at least the next 30 days.
Beetlejuice stage door  Jan 5 2020, 01:01:59 PM
Definitely don’t leave during bows. The Beetlejuice stage door is all the way around on the other side of the theatre from the main entrance. I recommend seeking it out before the show just so you know what direction you need to go when the show is over. It can be confusing in a massive crowd if you don’t know where you’re going. That being said, if you are sitting in the orchestra, leave on the doors to your LEFT, not the main entrance doors. Those doors on the left (when you’re facing the stag
FREESTYLE LOVE SUPREME Previews  Sep 28 2019, 04:34:46 PM

Chemie said: "“They’re all over. I went with four friends (plus ones) who all won the lottery the same day. Two of them were front row centre, I was third row centre, two more were front row of the mezz, and two others were back orch. They were preassigned before we got there. My friend and I picked ours up last and they already had our seat numbers on them."

When was it?

Did you purchase your tickets all at the same time?

I

FREESTYLE LOVE SUPREME Previews  Sep 28 2019, 02:48:14 PM

Chemie said: "I won two lottery tickets for tonight’s 10PM show.
Any recent lottery winners with seat location info appreciated.
Also, when you pick the tickets from box office, were tickets preassigned by names or first come first serve to get the best seats in the lottery pool?

"

They’re all over. I went with four friends (plus ones) who all won the lottery the same day. Two of them were front row centre, I was third row centre, two more

FREESTYLE LOVE SUPREME Previews  Sep 25 2019, 04:47:08 PM

Was also at the 7pm show on Flea day. My friend won the lottery (actually three people I know won. We were scattered through the theatre...two in front row orch, two front row mezz, and I was third row orch centre). The show flew buy and I laughed so hard my face hurt. Ian Armitage from Young Sheldon was behind me the whole show, and so into it, calling out suggestions.
The Yonder pouch presented zero issues as there are multiple ushers at the end of each row to unlock them. It took seconds. And they had no issue with us taking a playbill/stage pic before or after the show (either from the back before they lock your phone or from your seat after they unlock). We asked and they told us to go ahead. For reference, this was taken at my seat after the show on my way out:

https://twitter.com/samjoycebooks/status/1175942271293935617?s=21

I already can’t wait to go back in December. I wasn’t sure this show would be my thing, but I enjoyed every second. If you enjoy Whose Line Is It Anyway, this one is for you.

Betrayal Previews  Sep 24 2019, 01:07:14 PM
Saw this on Broadway Flea day (so there was no stage door that day). Thoroughly enjoyed it and the time just flew. I loved the bare stage and the direction of always having all three actors on stage. The acting was phenomenal by all three. It’s one of those shows I’m glad I saw, but don’t really need to see again.

Seating wise, I purchased last row of the mezz, last seat on the side at the box office, but was moved up to row d of the mezz (about five seats from the side) when I entered

Beetlejuice Rush  Sep 22 2019, 09:07:53 AM
Did the rush yesterday on a two show day. Got there at 8am and we were 11/12 in line. We wanted evening, and ended up with Row O, seats 33 &35 - last two on the side. View was decent. A little far, and the door was cut off, but saw almost everything. Plus, was right beside the exit doors that led directly to the stage door.
Beetlejuice Rush  Sep 15 2019, 02:38:35 PM

Does anyone know if the show still does rush? It’s not on their website anymore. It only talks about the lottery.

Roles on Broadway that are not normally wigged?  Aug 3 2019, 11:44:17 AM
Patrick Page wears a hairpiece for Hadestown. He showed the before and after on his instastories and joked it was Hades’ Hairclub for Men.
Has Wicked Been Updated Over the Years?  Jul 18 2019, 01:27:29 PM
“Dancing Through Life” went through some choreography changes, too. They added the stuff with the ensemble reading and closing and throwing away their books.
I had won an auction where I got to go backstage prior to the show and watch them paint Elphaba green, and I happened to choose the day they were all learning the new DTL choreo, and got to watch them learn it, then see it performed for the first time in the show that night, which was pretty much one of the highlights of my life.

Hadestown Reviews  Apr 17 2019, 11:09:48 PM

A- from EW

https://ew.com/theater-reviews/2019/04/17/hadestown-review/

HADESTOWN Previews  Apr 11 2019, 05:29:02 PM
My blue umbrella is a very big fan of the green umbrella. If we go to the stage door, what are the chances of a selfie with green? Does the green umbrella ever come out?

Thanks for your help in advance!

HADESTOWN Previews  Mar 26 2019, 11:01:54 PM

YvanEhtNioj said: "On Saturday, the show ended around 10:30 and it was unbelievably packed. I could barely movr around the crowd. I went to my friend's apartment next to the Kerr and when I came out around 11:30, itwas still JUST as crowded. A woman told me "2 people haven't came out yet" and everyone was waiting. Not sure which 2"

We were waiting for Amber and André. Andre came out close to midnight (the marquee light actually went out while

HADESTOWN Previews  Mar 26 2019, 11:00:19 PM

treblemakerz said: "Have they changed the setup to accommodatethe crowd, or do they still have the barriers forming a tiny square space around the door that people are mobbing? That's how it was on Friday and I can't fathom why they thought that was a good idea instead of using the barriers to form a sort of line like they do at many other shows. The NYPD officer who came by agreed. It was a hazard."

They had it in a line for the Saturday like they do at most

HADESTOWN Previews  Mar 26 2019, 10:35:41 PM

Rogerdellibovi said: "Has anyone stagedoored here? Who all came out?"

At the second preview, everyone but Amber came out. Andre was last and it took about an hour for him to come out, but he was very kind and signed and took pics with everyone. 

That was a busy stage door! At one spot the guard was saying it was 7 people deep. 

BCEFA 2019 Easter Bonnet Collections  Mar 24 2019, 04:27:57 PM

From my week there:

Cursed Child didn’t offer anything.

Ferryman didn’t have anything.

Pretty Woman had cast signed playbills for $20, posters for $100 and posters signed by Bryan Adams for $300.

Phantom had playbills and posters and a signed monkey music box replica (I can’t remember the prices) and I got one of the Phantom notes for $20.

Wicked had playbills and posters but I can’t remember the prices. I think they started at $1

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You