News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for TimWarp

TimWarp Profile Photo
Member Name: TimWarp
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Great Books No One Has Read
 Mar 29 2007, 02:11:06 PM
I read "Ragtime." Hated it so much I almost didn't go see the show. (I did like the show. Go figure.)

I couldn't make it through "Lord Jim." Instead I read the Classics Illustrated comic book and the Cliff Notes for it to write my paper.

I think they say Proust's "Remembrance of Things Past" is the most started-but-not-finished book ever written.

re: Babs latest dance track is a smash!! check it out!!
 Oct 23 2006, 11:37:49 AM
{snort}! Loved it!
re: The Wizard of Oz movie
 Oct 23 2006, 11:32:52 AM
When I was a kid (before DVDs, before VCRs), they showed "The Wizard of Oz" on television once a year, and it was a big event. We HAD to watch it. In the early 60's, people were just beginning to own color tvs, so they had Danny Kaye come on before the movie and tell everyone that the color scenes in the movie didn't start until Dorothy landed in Oz, and there was nothing wrong with their televisions: the opening scenes were B&W. (We still had a b&w set, so it was *years* before I finally got to
re: Dirty Rotten Scoundrels Tour--Dallas Opening Night (Spoilers)
 Oct 5 2006, 10:44:19 AM
Thanks for the excellent, detailed review. I was disappointed when I heard that Norbert wasn't coming with the tour as far as Pittsburgh, but now...not so much!
re: G-PG rated male duets
 Jul 12 2006, 04:25:38 PM
"I Got Me a Red/There Ought to be a Law" from "Little Tramp" (although it has a chorus coming in as well as the two male leads).
re: Shows that left you in a mess of tears, unable to breathe nor stand up,
 May 19 2006, 03:42:22 PM
Right--forgot "Floyd Collins." {sniff}

re: Shows that left you in a mess of tears, unable to breathe nor stand up,
 May 19 2006, 11:39:08 AM
Man of LaMancha--I saw it when I was a kid and it just destroyed me.
Miss Saigon
Les Mis
The middle of Lion King where they kill the father (and then they're singing "Hakuna Matata" before the intermission--wtf? I'm still blubbering, not ready for a happy jolly song!)

the worst
 Apr 28 2006, 05:16:23 PM
A community theater double feature of Charles Busch's "Sleeping Beauty or Coma"/"Vampire Lesbians of Sodom." DEADLY. I was checking my watch every 2 minutes. (I saw a different production a year later and loved it.)

"Cats"--a beautifully done production, but when I go to the theater, I like a plot.

("Dance of the Vampires" remains one of my favorite Broadway experiences. I even had a good time at "Nick & Nora". Just don't make me sit through "Cats" again.)

re: Your Favorite Musical Villains
 Mar 29 2006, 10:02:05 AM
"I'm Only Thinking of Him" from Man of LaMancha (or, for that matter, "Little Bird, Little Bird" as well).
re: Happy Birthday CAROUSEL !!!!!
 Feb 22 2006, 04:21:47 PM
Sorry. Hated it. Still hate it. Don't like glorifying wife-beating ("he hit me, and it was like a kiss"--ugh). Don't like emotionally manipulative tricks that make me cry in the theatre. "If I Loved You" is a great song, though.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You