News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for daspazoo

daspazoo Profile Photo
Member Name: daspazoo
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Web Site: www.village-players.org
Blog Address: http://www.livejournal.com/users/allergictopussy
Profile: 19.
Gay.
Chris.
Chicago.
Indie films.
Obscure Musicals.
Directing Student.
Enjoy making new friends online.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

#MTproblems  Jun 15 2013, 01:07:28 PM
I wanted to share with everyone something fun my friends and I started with hashtags on Facebook -- using #MTproblems for the unique quandaries faced by those with an abundance of love for musical theater. My example from today: "Deciding which showtune lyrics to quote in a wedding card."

Join in the fun!

LEAP OF FAITH demo  Feb 17 2012, 02:34:12 PM
I seem to recall, perhaps around the time of the LA production, LEAP OF FAITH having one of those 4-track promotional demos. Does anyone else remember this or know if it's online anywhere? I'm going to see the show in April, and I'd love to put some of the music on my iPod before I go. Thanks to anyone who can help!
Baby It's You/How To Succeed -- Best Album Tracks?  Jun 9 2011, 01:05:03 PM
Thanks everyone.

Is there anyone who actually likes the new H2$ recording that has a favorite track? Also happy to hear any other opinions on BABY IT'S YOU. Trying to get a consensus here...

Baby It's You/How To Succeed -- Best Album Tracks?  Jun 8 2011, 05:16:29 PM
Baby It's You and the revival of How to Succeed were the 2 musicals I did not see on my trip to New York this spring. When released, I'll order the hard copy of each cast recording. In the meantime, though, I just want to download 1 or 2 mp3 tracks from each album off of Amazon to make a season compilation disc for my Tony party.

Any suggestions as to which songs from each show I should download? I'd love Beth Leavel's big number or 11 o'clock number if she has one.

I would app

7-11: 11 New York Shows in 7 Days!  Apr 20 2011, 12:45:15 AM
A lot of it depends on taste BroadwayDevil.

'Book of Mormon' is the other Don't Miss It! that haven't seen from my list. This is also where I'd put 'War Horse' and 'Anything Goes.'

If you're into dense, cerebral theater, I can't recommend 'A Minister's Wife' or 'Intelligent Homosexual's Guide' too highly either, even as I recognize they won't be to everyone's tastes.

'Sister Act' I would recommend next -- a crowd pleaser, if not revelatory. This is also where I'd put

7-11: 11 New York Shows in 7 Days!  Apr 19 2011, 09:44:25 PM
A MINISTER’S WIFE: Off-Broadway Musical; Mitzi E. Newhouse, Lincoln Center
This show is absolutely exquisite. I caught the World Premiere at Writers’ Theater outside Chicago a couple years ago, and while it’s been tightened since then, it’s still the intelligent and moving chamber musical I remembered it to be. Chicago actress Kate Fry gives a ravishing and natural performance in the title role. Her scenes with Bobby Steggert (as the poet in love with her) are perfection. Marc Kudisch’s

Copy of 2010 Tonys?  Jun 15 2010, 05:09:00 PM
My DVR had an epic fail on Sunday night

Anyone have a copy of the Tonys on DVD? Please e-mail me -- thanks!

MEMPHIS sheet music?  Mar 25 2010, 10:50:16 AM
Anybody have this or know if this is available yet?

Any help you can give would be greatly appreciated!

Wall-to-Wall Sondheim recording?  Mar 23 2010, 11:17:32 AM
Did anybody get a complete recording of this yesterday? My computer failed me. Thinking about purchasing the highlights CD, but there's so much that's not on there. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
London PROMISES, PROMISES  Feb 28 2010, 02:04:08 PM
Was this cast recording ever released on CD? Anyone have a copy on LP? I'd love to hear the sublime Ms. Buckley sing this infectious score...

Chris (getting excited for his annual trip to New York)

Also, in the spirit of the retro-facts on the revival's website:

In the 1968-1969 season, 12 musicals with original scores opened on Broadway.

This season? 2.

DREAMGIRLS tour cuts/additions?  Jan 23 2010, 07:24:12 PM
Anyone who's already seen the current DREAMGIRLS tour:

I know they interpolated 'Listen' from the movie into the tour. How much of 'I'm Somebody' (the recitative between Deena and Effie) is then cut out?

Are there any other additions/deletions/changes from the stage version? (For the record, I'm most familiar with it through the Actor's Fund concert recording.)

As much detailed info as anyone can give, I would really appreciate it!

Regional Theatres in North Carolina?  Jan 15 2010, 05:09:31 PM
So my parents just moved to High Point, NC -- very close to both Greensboro and Winston-Salem, North Carolina. I'm trying to find some reputable professional and/or semi-professional theatres in the area to recommend them. Below is the list I came up with, if anyone could comment on these companies or suggest any new ones. Thanks in advance -- any help is very much appreciated!

Triad Stage (Greensboro, NC)

The Barn Dinner Theatre (Greensboro, NC)

Winston-Salem Theatre

NINE keys - Movie v. Stage?  Dec 27 2009, 03:23:59 PM
Anyone know which keys were lowered and by how much for the movie version of NINE?

The only songs that (to me) sound like they're in the original keys are 'My Husband Makes Movies', 'Be Italian', and 'Follies Bergeres.' The rest sound lowered (by various degrees) to my ear.

Who's got the scoop?

'White Christmas' score?  Nov 25 2009, 12:40:32 AM
Does anyone have a copy of the piano/vocal score for the stage version of 'White Christmas'? I have a couple questions.
re: What shows had more people in the pit than in the cast?  Nov 20 2009, 01:37:06 AM
The Story of My Life.

2 actors and 9(?) musicians.

re: Chicagoians...who is seeing the first preview of ADDAMS FAMILY tonight?  Nov 19 2009, 03:10:10 AM
When I did rush this morning, there was not really a crowd and I got there right at 10.

By the time I got my ticket at 10:15, only 7 of the 12 rush tickets had been sold (including mine) and there was no one behind me in line.

In fact, the woman who sat next to me was not a student at all, but had just showed up to get a ticket at the last minute before the show.

Wanted: 'Starmites' OBCR & 2009 Tonys DVD  Sep 6 2009, 02:20:18 PM
I recently watched the Guys 'n Divas documentary on Showtime and went to listen to 'Starmites' OBCR on my computer only to find I'm missing my two favorite tracks: the title track and 'Diva'!

(I gifted my physical copy of the CD awhile back and I think I accidentally deleted them off my iTunes after I put them on a mix cd for a friend.)

Can anyone help me, either with these two tracks or a replacement copy of the cast recording?

Also, does have a copy of this year's T

Help! Musicals featuring mental illness?  Aug 24 2009, 12:56:58 PM
Trying to come up with a comprehensive list of musicals featuring characters dealing with mental illnesses.

Clearly, there's 'Next to Normal' and the revival of 'Sweeney Todd' but are there any others? (Of course you could make a case that many musicals featuring mentally ill characters, but I'm looking for ones where it's more or less clearly defined.)

ESP doesn't count, right? "On A Clear Day, You Can See Forever" comes to mind.

Any help (within the next couple hou

Fantastic new musical in Chicago: 'The Mistress Cycle'  Jul 26 2009, 04:51:45 PM
I only get to New York once a year, but I like to keep any interested members updated on the state of the musical theatre in Chicago.

In addition to the riveting 'A Minister's Wife' playing at Writer's Theatre (which I posted about a few weeks ago), Chicago has another smart, savvy, and serious new chamber musical on the boards: 'The Mistress Cycle.'

It's a remount of Apple Tree Theatre's 2007 production, being performed on the stage of the Auditorium Theatre downtown (they've

'A Minister's Wife' in Chicago a MUST SEE!  Jul 7 2009, 11:48:05 PM
I must admit, even being an unabashed fan of 'The Adding Machine' (also by composer Josh Schmidt) I was not sure what to make of a musical adapted from George Bernard Shaw's 'Candida.'

But 'A Minister's Wife,' being performed at Writer's Theatre in suburban Chicago (Glencoe, IL) is that rare musical indeed: one that examines the impossible complexities of human emotions with the same detail and passionate language as classic drama. It of course owes a large debt to Shaw's original, but

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You