News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for AJ1985

AJ1985 Profile Photo
Member Name: AJ1985
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Footloose OBCR
 Jan 31 2008, 05:57:44 AM
Yup it is out of print but shows up from time to time in used CD stores.

re: Favorite 'Exit music' in theatre?
 Jan 31 2008, 05:06:11 AM
CITYOF ANGELS had a fantastic swinging exit music and I am so glad it is included on the OCR.

re: Young Frankenstein grosses
 Jan 27 2008, 05:22:22 AM
Why would people pay $451 for a seat when there are many others available for far less? Do New Yorkers just like to brag about how much money they waste?
re: SUNDAY... -01.25.08: Post Your Thoughts & Opinions Here
 Jan 27 2008, 05:12:28 AM
Enchanted Hunter - We'd all love to hear your opinion, but only AFTER you have actually seen the show. Of course, if you only posted about shows you had actually seen, you would not be able to spew your arrogantly snide remarks. But you are quite right - we don't really have to pay attention.
re: Young Frankenstein grosses
 Jan 27 2008, 05:03:56 AM
The producer were probably afraid that after the phnomenal grosses of The Produders in its early days, anything less would look...well, lesser. And they were not to be proven wrong: Check almost any day and there are always plenty of seats available. They can try to hide it as much as possible but YF is not a monster hit, nor is it likely to recoup.

re: Lord Of The Rings
 Jan 25 2008, 03:03:38 AM
Tag, I was at the press conference in the spring of 2005 and the emphasis was that it was ging to be a musical. There were going to be extensive sung segments as well as much underscored action. As the show evolved there was less singing and more underscoring and they changed the ads to call it anything BUT a musical.

Somehow LOTR is a property that just doesn't "sing."

re: Your first musical
 Jan 24 2008, 06:02:05 AM
First musical: OKLAHOMA! (Local High School, I was in Gr. 5)

re: My thoughts on Sirius Radio's Broadway station
 Jan 2 2008, 05:30:52 PM
Whoa hold it. I am not at all anti-gay. I am gay myself. What I objected to was that he seems to overplay that at the expense of his supposed expertise. I dunno, maybe its my bias because when I meet guys like that in the village I shy away from them. They seem to be trying too hard to make a statement about themselves and constantly wave their hands around like butterflies on acid. None of my gay friends talk in those effeminate voices. They just talk like normal people and I guess that is what
 Dec 31 2007, 03:01:00 PM
I don't like him as a radio host, that's for sure. And if he does have a wealth of knowledge it sure doesn't come through in his prsentation.

I am also disappointed that we have this Broadway station yet get so little of the flavour of the great white way. I expect to hear the new releases and current hits showcased more, as well as memorable moments from the classics.

Dec 31 2007, 02:36:05 PM
Seth treats everything as an inside joke and makes the assumption that everyone who listens to Broadway is gay. I think that is a mistake that will alienate a lot of the non-gay audience.

Forgetting the fact that he is a terrible host, he also has no idea how to program music for a balanced entertaining flow.

Their library doesn't seem all that big.

My thoughts on Sirius Radio's Broadway station
 Dec 31 2007, 02:15:04 PM
I'm glad we have an all-Broadway station but here are the things I don't like about it:

1. Seth Rudetsky as a program host he is terrible, but his interviewing skills are even worse. I heard him interview Tommy Tune on Sunday and it was embarrassing to listen to. No real insights, no fascinating behind-the-scenes stories.

2. The music programming is all over the place with no logic. Jumping from Little Shop of Horrors to The Sound of Music.

3. I like that they play fu

re: Favorite R & H song
 Dec 31 2007, 02:02:04 PM
The Soliloquy from Carousel
re: Mack & Mabel?
 Apr 12 2007, 12:57:16 AM
Answer me this, TheEnchantedHunter: DID you actually see the London production? Or for that matter have you seen any of the shows you pontificate on? Every time we try to have a discussion on the merits of any show you fly in like a seagull crap all over it with your holier-than-thou style of writing. Hell I can't even tell what’s up with you. On one hand you claim to be a high school student and then you claim you were at the original production of FOLLIES in 1972. You never contribute anything
Cant'g pick up Front row Center tonight..anyone else?
 Mar 25 2007, 07:44:49 PM
Ok I go to the foxy885.com site and try to listen to Frontrow Centre but I can't hear anything. Nothing plays. Anyone else having this problem?
re: Religious Actors
 Mar 6 2007, 12:48:37 PM
As a former christian myself the best advice I can give is to think of the message the piece communicates. If the actor is good he can play any part and not leave the audience wondering about his internal beliefs. As an actor you get to wear masks and portray different aspects of humanity, some good, some really bad, but in the end consider if the play communicates a strong moral. If for personal reasons you cannot do anything except plays without strong language or nudity or violence, then how
Name the worst musical
 Feb 4 2007, 07:53:37 PM
The worst? Of all the shows I have seen it would be a toss-up between Starlight express and Sunset Boulevard. I didn't see it in New York but last summer I saw Bombay Dreams and even though I went as someone's guest I was still overcharged.
re: Applause cast recording?
 Feb 3 2007, 12:40:40 AM
Its not great, but passable. But the original record was made by a small record company (ABC Paramount) and sounds very tinny. If you saw the Applause song on the Best of Broadway DVD you should know that little show parodies are not on the cat recording. And it's really short too, like about 40 minutes.
re: ABC Television Kiss Me, Kate
 Feb 3 2007, 12:35:47 AM
The Lp's were pressed by Columbia Spcial Products but not sold in regular record stores. Of the 3 that were released I have only heard Carousel and it is uttrly dreadful. I would be curious to see the broadcasts, however I think NOTHING could compare with the 1958 KMK w/ Drake & Morrison.

re: Kiss Me Kate question
 Jan 30 2007, 09:06:03 PM
I think KMK is older than 1953. Isn't it like from the 40s? But then again when was Superman invented?
re: Bored by Webber shows
 Jan 30 2007, 01:47:03 PM
I just saw the video of the CBC TV production of By Jeeves.

It was so boring I couldn't even get more than 1/2 way through it. Not only boring but stupid without even one interesting tune.

I think my search for Broadway's worst musical has ended.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You