News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Burning_Oasis

Burning_Oasis Profile Photo
Member Name: Burning_Oasis
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: XANADU 1st National Tour reviews (La Jolla)
 Dec 5 2008, 01:05:52 AM
I saw it last weekend. I thought Stanley was great as well. Max von Essen was fantastic, I thought he was the standout of the show. As for Calliope and Melpomene, I wasn't the biggest fan of Joanna Glushak and Sharon Wilkins. I thought they kind of forced the comedy a little, but then again I think it is going to be extremely hard to live up to Mary Testa and Jackie Hoffman. But overall I had a great time at the show.
re: In The Heights/ Wicked Movie soon to a Cinema Near You
 Nov 12 2008, 12:17:59 AM
I am not that familiar with ITH, but I think they should consider Krysta Rodriguez for the film. I know she understudies some of the parts in the show, is talented, and is young. If anyone in the cast has a shot at being in the film, I think she should have a pretty good chance.

Sure, she isn't a name,her only screen role that I am aware of was some character in Gossip Girl, but why does every character in a film musical have to be a name? Doing a movie like this could give her a big br

re: The hardest you ever laughed/cried.
 Nov 8 2008, 01:28:44 PM
Avenue Q (Especially Christmas Eves wedding dress.)
Spelling Bee (When they asked the definition for Jihad.)
Palm Beach The Screwball Musical @ The La Jolla Playhouse.
Pretty much any Improv show I have seen anywhere (Last night I went to one, took a swig of water, and something so funny happened I spat it out of my mouth like Shamu...all over the row in front of me. THAT was embarrassing.)

re: Leslie Kritzer: Another Reason Why I Love This Woman
 Oct 17 2008, 06:40:43 PM
This video is hilarious. She would make an excellent addition to the show.

I love her Bristol Palin, too.

re: Best 'Make It Work' instance from you theatre past..
 Aug 13 2008, 02:37:18 PM
My Director at my old school picked out a murder mystery for our fall show. The title had the word "Shooting" in it, and the principle made us change the title because our school actually HAD a shooting a few years before it was done.

No one found out, thankfully.
But changing the title of a show is never good.

re: Nicest Bway Star You've Ever Met??
 Feb 20 2008, 07:52:55 PM
I haven't gotten many chances to stage door, and when Wicked came out here on tour I went to go see it because I am a fan of Julia Murney. She ended up being one of my favorite people to meet. I don't think many people out in San Diego know much about stage dooring, but there was a small croud and she mingled with everybody before she left. We had about a good 2 minute conversation with eachother and she was really funny too. The same night Emily Rozek (Who had been on for Glinda that night) cam
Adam Wylie in Wicked
 Jan 2 2008, 10:38:23 PM
I saw him as Boq in April, and thought I thought he was an okay actor for the part, his interpritation was bland. I previously saw an understudy in the touring company who was on for Boq that left a better impression on me. Wylies voice cracked multiple times throughout the show, also. I felt bad for him, maybe he was having an off night, but I cringed a little bit whenever he sang.
re: Ace: A New Musical working in NYC
 Dec 15 2007, 02:09:02 PM
I love this show! Too bad Arden won't be with the show, he was amazing.
re: Cry Baby 12-6-07
 Dec 9 2007, 10:53:39 PM
Saw it today. The lighting, sets, and choreography were amazing.

The stand out of the show for me was Carly Jibson as Pepper. She was great.

re: Gender-Bending Musicals?
 Aug 18 2007, 02:29:29 AM
Ever since I saw Avenue Q, nothing can express how much I would want to play Christmas Eve.
re: Official AVENUE Q Tour Thread
 Aug 10 2007, 02:51:02 PM
The cast is amazing. Standouts for me were Christian Anderson as Nikki/Trekkie, Angela Ai as CHristmas Eve, Kelli Sawyer as Kate and Lucy, and Minglie Chen as the Bad News Bear. And The cast were so friendly and funny at the stage door. I will miss having it in San Diego, I would gladly see it again.
re: Giants In The Sky- Into The Woods Revival
 Jul 18 2007, 02:44:54 AM
I saw him recently in Wicked. Yikes. He was a decent actor, but his voice...wow, they could have picked someone way way better.
re: HAIRSPRAY at the Box Office...
 Jul 16 2007, 02:30:43 AM
Although I want the movie to make tons, it has some tough competition. I bet it will probably gross about 30-45 million opening weekend.
re: Newest Movie Musical...Footloose
 Jul 11 2007, 05:19:01 PM
I like Footloose...

But Zac Efron possibly starring in it makes me want to throw up in my mouth.

Edit: When thinking about casting, the first thing I tought was Lilli Cooper (Spring Awakening) as Rusty.

re: Favorite Forbidden Broadway Parody
 Jun 27 2007, 01:16:08 AM
Squeeky Todd made me laugh so hard, and it still does after lisitening to it numerous times.
re: How about Alice in Wonderland as Disney's next project?
 Jun 24 2007, 02:01:59 AM
I love Alice in Wonderland, butI'd rather Mulan done on stage rather than any other disney movie.

If done right The Nightmare Before Christmas would be interesting. Probably would cost tons to make, though.

What about High School Musical!? Not.

re: This Doesn't Sound Good
 Jun 24 2007, 01:48:44 AM
-A girl is taken to a magic land by a tornado, and the only way to get back home are by using her magic shoes.

-People get high and sing!

re: hardest/worst/almost impossible show to adapt to screen...
 May 29 2007, 02:50:22 AM
I think Avenue Q would be amazing on the small screen. I think it would work well as a TV show. I actually sent an e-mail to whoever runs the Avenue Q website thrugh the feature on their site suggesting the idea/ They responded back saying that they are busy getting the tour running, but it is a possibility in the future that they may transfer it to television.
re: High School Musical the video game
 May 12 2007, 02:12:19 AM
That article made me throw up a little...and by 'a little' I mean a lot.
re: Palm Beach is heading to Broadway
 May 12 2007, 02:10:28 AM
Great News!

I loved the show. Saw it twice.

If and when it does transfer I hope they keep the same cast, they were all amazing in their parts.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You