News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for WhenURScrap

WhenURScrap Profile Photo
Member Name: WhenURScrap
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Next To Normal Audition Question
 Apr 24 2010, 04:35:13 PM
There more than likely will not be ANYONE under the age of 18 in the cast because legally, it would make more sense for the roles of Henry, Natalie and Gabe to not have to be tutored throughout the tour. It's too much of a hassle to cast minors when they are not really needed.

Hilarious Comments...
 Jan 11 2010, 12:03:05 AM
I think it's the ignorance of the poster in what makes it so funny... They believe their knowledge is superior than an audience member who use an alternative word.
Hilarious Comments...
 Nov 22 2009, 11:41:15 AM
I feel this thread has become old ... and not funny ... infact, most of the posts on here were never funny. It shows how ignorant even theatre people can be to the outside world.
re: Hair Set Design?
 May 26 2009, 07:53:53 AM
Hair doesn't need an elaborate set design. Every show is different. When it comes to something like maybe Wizard of Oz, a magnificent set is prominent usually. But a concept musical ... like Hair ... I think the current set is great!
re: Audra & Will Swenson in 110 in the Shade...at a community theatre
 May 24 2009, 09:22:47 PM
An Equity member, from my understanding, is allowed to do a community theatre show if they write into Equity and get permission from AEA to do the show voluntarily. Otherwise, the community theatre would have to offer them equity contracts.

We have a half professional/half community theatre here in Cleveland that offers a couple equity contracts depending on the show. It's a good experience for those who there for the educational environment. Maybe that's why they brought them in?

re: Director residuals?
 May 24 2009, 09:19:21 PM
"They probably also receive money from subsidiary rights - meaning when the show gets licensed by MTI or Tams they will still earn royalties on it. Again, all subject to how powerful their agent/lawyer is."

How can a director of a BROADWAY production get paid for something they have NO input in. A regional/community theatre production is not allowed to use the staging of the Original Broadway Cast because it is all copywrite to the producers (ie. see the Lawsuit between Carousel Dinner

re: Does anyone want a Seussical Revivial?
 Jan 21 2009, 10:10:51 AM
Wah!
re: Does anyone want a Seussical Revivial?
 Jan 21 2009, 09:47:42 AM
"Does anyone else think it's strange that Mayzie sings about how she got knocked up? IN A KIDS SHOW! "

I think topics like sex are fine in young adult, children shows. Gives them something that they need to learn that maybe parents (like my own) couldn't teach me.

re: Patti Lupone STOPPING GYPSY DURING PERFORMANCE
 Jan 18 2009, 02:22:23 AM
"I've always thought that the "law" against taking pictures in a broadway theatre is about as high priority as ripping the tag off of a mattress.... "

Ripping the tag off of a mattress is illegaly?

*sews tag back on*

re: GYPSY Question -- Laura @ stagedoor?
 Jan 18 2009, 02:19:00 AM
"^Meanwhile, Leigh Ann, Patti and Boyd who go out the stage door ALL the time barely ever get sick and only missed a couple of shows (has Boyd missed any at all?). "

Patti didn't get sick at the Stage Door because she never opened her mouth...

re: Who did you see before they were famous??
 Jan 18 2009, 02:12:44 AM
"Ashley Spencer? She is famous?"

I didn't see your name in the playbill as the lead in a Broadway show...

Nor did I see you on national television being cast for one...

re: Is something going on with the ushers at Shrek?
 Jan 17 2009, 06:05:09 PM
"On topic: I'm afraid that a lot of audience members don't even take those announcements seriously. Often, people actually *laugh* when they're asked to unwrap their candies before the start of the show. I mean, come on... "

I remember when you weren't allowed to have any food or drink in theatres.

re: Who did you see before they were famous??
 Jan 17 2009, 05:16:08 PM
I saw Ashley Spencer in a Community Theatre production of Children of Eden. She isn't FAMOUS but she's on her way.

re: 'Shut Up, Patti LuPone!' Episode on Now! 1/16
 Jan 17 2009, 04:58:03 PM
Although she is funny in this episode.
re: 'Shut Up, Patti LuPone!' Episode on Now! 1/16
 Jan 17 2009, 04:57:16 PM
The funny thing is ... Patti isn't like that in person ... completely scripted...
Jekyll and Hyde?
 Jan 4 2009, 01:42:12 PM
Is Jekyll and Hyde considered a flop? If I remember correctly in my Musical theatre history class we discussed how the show was on Broadway 3 times before it had a somewhat successful production.
re: What is March 1st for Gypsy really?
 Nov 11 2008, 04:32:35 PM
How sad ... Patti LuPone leaving. Who could they ever replace her with? Maybe someone better? *note a little sarcasm*

I do agree with the fact that the show opened with her as the star vehicle, but it wasn't the right part for her. My opinion was she was weak when I saw it. I could be wrong right now, that she has grown into her part, but I believe if she is as amazing as people think she is ... she would have had the part down pat by previews since she did the show with Encore's.

Andrew Lippa's musical - John and Jen
 Nov 11 2008, 04:07:42 PM
Hey all ---

I am looking for pictures from the Off-Broadway version of Andrew Lippa's 'John and Jen' for a project in my musical theatre history class. I can only find very few pictures.

I need your help if some of you guys can tell me where I can find pictures from the show. Either the Off-Broadway version or another production you either were involved in or know of.

I searched Google and Yahoo already and found next to nothing and Youtubes videos are barely of any

re: Blonde To Officially Close on October 19th
 Sep 25 2008, 01:07:43 PM
If Gypsy closes next Broadway should be saved!
Hilarious Comments...
 Aug 28 2008, 08:37:25 AM
I have been reading these posts for a year or two now, not sure how long, but I finally would like to say that most of these stories aren't even funny... and the fact that some of you think these are funny is kind of rude.

But some of these stories are hilarius.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You