News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for MistressoftheHouse

MistressoftheHouse Profile Photo
Member Name: MistressoftheHouse
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Profile:

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2
 May 27 2009, 12:34:38 AM
It's coming to Dutch Apple?

I've been to that theater, and I'm sorry but it seems like a bit of a downgrade.

It's not a big place at all...I wonder if the show's booking any better caliber theaters for this tour or if it's only going to be at places like that.

re: Xanadu/Zanna Don't
 Aug 19 2007, 01:07:29 PM
My college (Indiana University of Pennsylvania) just did Zanna this spring. It was the first I'd seen it and I loved it! It was so much fun, and they did a great job with it.

If any rumors are true (John T., etc.) I'd love to see it on Broadway someday.

re: I Miss 'The Wedding Singer'
 May 31 2007, 03:21:44 PM
I saw Wedding Singer twice, one time each with Tina and Laura as Julia.

Also, since Lynch's comedy has been brought up, it was funny to see the little additions to his show since TWS closed. He now does some Broadway bits about how he hasn't changed since doing TWS and even a Sondheim medley that was very funny. Definitely money well spent like pharmer said (although luckily, it never cost me much either.)

re: I Miss 'The Wedding Singer'
 May 30 2007, 10:39:21 PM
Awww, I miss Wedding Singer. It was just a lot of fun to go see, and it's weird to think that it's closed and I can't just go up to NY to see it if I want to.

Is there a comprehensive list anywhere of all the tour dates? My parents get season tickets in Hershey every year, but haven't received the order form and list of what's coming yet. I'm kind of anxious to see if it'll come here or not.

Mar 25 2007, 09:59:37 PM
Guess I should check this thread more often...I thought it died, not that I wanted it to!!!

Major congrats to Matt Saldivar, he'll be great in whatever he does.

Oh! And I just found out! Stephen Lynch is coming to the Byham Theater in Pittsburgh!

I'm going to be at this show!! Row N, but whatever, as long as I'm there and get to hear the new songs and see how Joberg is as a musical comedian, I'm good.

re: THE ELEPHANT PROJECT
 Mar 16 2007, 05:18:11 PM
Huge congratulations on the award and good luck in Orlando!! You're truly doing a wonderful thing.
re: Piazza in Hershey - Who's playing Clara?
 Feb 28 2007, 10:23:15 PM
My parents are seeing this tomorrow night, so maybe I can get them to look at their programs when they get home and tell me who it was.

I'm so jealous of them for seeing it...I'm all the way across the state so I can't.

Feb 14 2007, 02:41:33 PM
Happy Valentine's Day everyone!!

On this "special, special day" here's some V-Day love, Lynch style.

www.whatarerecords.com/lovesong

Feb 13 2007, 10:40:55 PM
It's so fantastic that the Linda bear brought in that much money!! Don't underestimate the power of a wed-head, haha.

And I'm glad the tour is announcing more dates. I really hope it turns out to be successful, maybe touring for a bunch of years.

re: will there ever be a...
 Feb 6 2007, 06:56:23 PM
If no one is allowed to camp out anymore to get tickets, then I have no idea how all those kids got rush tickets for The Wedding Singer's final performance.

They were out there for HOURS and as far as I know, no one said anything to them.

Jan 28 2007, 04:19:20 PM
The montage from the official website? Awww, I liked that one. I wonder if anyone saved it somehow?
 Jan 25 2007, 10:42:12 PM
No problem! And hey, the 45 minutes to get tickets has to beat missing the show entirely, right?

I hope you have a great time when you get to go! (I forget the exact date, although I don't think it's too soon...)

Jan 25 2007, 01:36:40 PM
Thespiangeek, it seems your Lynch/Josefberg show is still on in Nebraska. Stephen's manager responded to your question on his message board.
 Jan 24 2007, 09:23:28 PM
While you're all voting, this is the last week for Comedy Central's Stand Up Showdown, so get your last votes in for Stephen!

Then on Sunday they're showing all the half hour specials for the top 20 comedians.

re: Who has been nicest to you at the Stage Door?
 Jan 23 2007, 12:06:00 AM
The Wedding Singer was a great stage door experience...highlights were Kevin Cahoon, Tina Maddigan and Stephen Lynch. I also met Rita Gardner, Richard H. Blake, Eric LaJuan Summers (ensemble member, I loved him as Fake Tina Turner), Matthew Saldivar and Amy Spanger, all of whom were very accomodating.

Constantine Maroulis on the other hand, ugh. Not a time I look on fondly...

Jan 22 2007, 12:01:44 AM
Bumping from page four...
 Jan 20 2007, 12:32:42 AM
Yeah, it was. I watched it.
 Jan 19 2007, 10:50:39 PM
Lynch's Comedy Central special is supposedly on tonight at midnight (but they've "lied" before)

Aww, have they really? I was excited to watch it!! On Comedy Central's website it's in their line-up, so they better not be lying.

I mean, they have to show it sometime this month because of the Stand Up Showdown, right?

(Which, btw, all of you should vote for Stephen every day. He's not doing so well right now...)

re: strange question
 Jan 9 2007, 10:18:58 PM
I don't think it's just Broadway, it's music in general.

I've been close to the stage at a few concerts, and the performers spit a lot as well...I still think it has to do with enunciating correctly but it's certainly not limited to Broadway.

Jan 7 2007, 07:45:20 PM
Bye Patrick! It was fun having you around with your enthusiasm for the show and great avatars all the time.

I'll probably IM you when I'm back at school so maybe I'll talk to you then!

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You