News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Sparklesss

Sparklesss Profile Photo
Member Name: Sparklesss
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: UnGLEEful
 Oct 25 2009, 03:36:21 PM
I have to say I agree with the above posters about the casting of Finn. I know they wanted it to be believable, but it seems like they'd cast someone that could keep up with Lea Michelle at least a bit better. I watched a behind the scenes 'casting' video on fox.com though, and they actually showed Aaron Tveit auditioning, and the director said he wanted "midwestern kids, not Abercrombie and Fitch"... guess he cares more about that then the vocals! I still enjoy the show though..
re: Aaron Tveit Stage Door Next To Normal
 Oct 18 2009, 03:10:55 PM
Yeah..i still don't understand how/why they throw notes on the stage. I know as an actor you block out distractions but for the fangirls to even think that's okay is beyond me...
 Oct 18 2009, 01:50:17 PM
Legally_popular - you're kidding right?? who would actually do that and think he's going to call them?! Aaron is a talented person and definitely deserves attention etc. but there's a way to tell someone you appreciate their talent w/o going overboard.

He does miss performances for filming GG, but he also is calling out on days he isn't filming. I'm sure he has his reasons and perhaps its even for another project we don't know. On another note - I thought all the fangirls went nuts ov

Oct 18 2009, 10:57:18 AM
Exactly, it's a nice thing for him to do but he doesn't have to. And yes they don't show GG on Sat or Sunday so he could go sign after those shows, but it's obvious he's had a lot of friends at shows and is enjoying going out with them after. I'd hate to think of it as the fangirls ruining it vs. him just enjoying life, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was them...
 Oct 17 2009, 08:18:13 PM
That's what I hear as well...totally understand if you're already going to see the show and want to meet him, but I def. would not go if that's the only reason, as it's not as likely as before.
re: Aaron Tveit
 Oct 8 2009, 09:41:26 AM
Lol yeah, I don't actually think any one person could save a tv show, though I wish they could! And, while some would argue, I don't think Tveit has a huge fanbase outside of Bway.

I would hate to see the show cancelled though since it does give Bway actors a chance to act on tv and still do their show.

Oct 8 2009, 09:07:00 AM
Glad you didn't spread it - everyone deserves some privacy! Plus you never know why someone is in a certain location anyways.

Gossip girl is a bit weird in that even w/their episodes they don't seem to show each storyline for a long time. So I would wonder if Aaron would really miss 8 days per episode. But I wouldn't buy tickets to N2N solely to see him due to the schedule :)

Oct 7 2009, 08:51:54 PM
It's been said that he'll be in N2N as much as he can around his GG schedule. So if you realllly want to see him, i'd try a weekend show as they don't shoot then. I wouldn't think he'd have too much filming left to do, but it seems they left it open as to exactly how much he'll be in it so who knows :) The show's falling in ratings, hopefully he can boost it up a bit. It'd be a shame if it got cancelled since so many Bway actors have been on the show.
re: 'Perfect for US': The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!
 Oct 3 2009, 04:06:09 PM
Agreed, when i see that pic i'm like uhh is that the same person? Good for him, 6 episodes seems like a lot of shooting time!
re: Catch Me If You Can?
 Sep 29 2009, 09:54:18 PM
Would the audition notice be different if they were casting a stand-by or understudy? They'll need to cast Aaron and Norbert's understudies so perhaps that's what they meant by "all roles open". Just a thought!
 Sep 22 2009, 05:19:07 PM
Thanks for the link, good pics! I wonder when it'll air!
 Sep 21 2009, 07:56:04 PM
I'm guessing since he's out to film GG, he had it pre-approved. I'm a bit surprised they let him leave to do CMIYC and then leave for a few days for this as well, but it's cool of the producers to let him explore these other opportunities as well. I have a feeling he's going to leave Bway eventually and pursue film/tv, this gives him a small leg up.
re: Casting notice: Catch me if you can
 Sep 18 2009, 10:23:32 PM
Agreed, and I haven't heard of him auditioning for anything else. As much as I'd love N2N to stay open for a long time, I don't count on it being open in a year, thus he'd be ready to move on. Even if it does, as much as someone likes playing a role they originated, I'd have to think it'd get old after a while. It could be a huge break for him.
re: Casting notice: Catch me if you can
 Sep 18 2009, 11:28:32 AM
I also heard they filmed most of Glee a while back...and i'm pretty sure Aaron is tied to the role, or wants to be. Hasn't he been reading/competing for the job even during his Wicked days? I also think he's good for the role...and if they make the changes everyone is calling for and its sucessful, it'd be a big role/opportunity for him.
re: Mandy Moore (not Kristin Chenoweth) will be the voice of Disney's RAPUN
 Sep 16 2009, 08:42:15 PM
She did say she turned down Wicked because she knew she didn't have what it takes. I personally couldn't believe someone even offered it to her, knowing the range Glinda sings (or Galinda :) ). While she has a cute voice and I like how she seems to do her own thing lately with her album, there are certainly Broadway parts she could not handle. With that said, there are a lot she could take on and do well, and I'm sure they'll tailor the songs in the movie to her range.
re: If musical theater were Hollywood...
 Sep 16 2009, 08:39:03 PM
Uhh well there's those in Hollywood they are actually talented (Meryl Streep etc) and then those that are "popular" and always on the tab covers, but not necessarily very talented... kinda depends which part of Hollywood you mean, just movies?
re: Catch Me If You Can, updates?
 Sep 13 2009, 06:13:21 PM
Glad someone asked, i've been wondering myself where CMIYC is at...sounds like we have a bit to wait! I heard Tveit's contract was up Feb while most of the other cast of N2N is march (though that could be wrong). Even if Catch Me doesn't hit broadway till fall, how much earlier will they start rehearsing? Not sure how that whole process works...but i'd guess it's very possible for Tveit to leave N2N in Feb. and still not start Catch me until Fall (esp since he clearly deserves a vacation!).
re: Variety PANS 2 new eps of GLEE...
 Sep 12 2009, 07:32:51 PM
I didn't think it was as good as the pilot episode, but not terrible...I do think it needs to get better and agree the wife character is beyond annoying. I was impressed with Lea on "take a bow" though..
 Sep 11 2009, 03:44:08 PM
I'm surprised Aaron didn't come out to the stagedoor...he seems like one of the actors that tend to come out more often than many..
re: Aaron Tveit Returns To Broadway's NEXT TO NORMAL September 7
 Sep 8 2009, 10:38:28 AM
Agreed, it's so nice to read! I was a bit worried Aaron wouldn't be excited to come back to N2N since he seemed so into CMIYC. Glad to hear he seemed really into it and happy to be back. Anyone talk to him afterwards?
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You