News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Chevstriss

Member Name: Chevstriss
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Web Site: http://hometown.aol.com/chevstriss/
Blog Address: http://chevstriss.blogspot.com/

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Hello, Dolly! score question  Feb 28 2009, 01:04:30 PM
anyone familiar with the current rental score going out these days? the copy I have, I would assume is meant for Dolly's vocal line to be sung down the octave, if this is the same key as Channings, or have they changed these keys? I think the audience wants to hear a nice low alto Dolly, but some of these look like even Channing couldn't comfortably take down the octave, it hover around the D below middle C.

I KNOW she wasn't high belting in the staff this score is written in.

re: 'Idol' Finalist Ace Young to Join Broadway's Grease  Sep 21 2008, 12:23:29 PM
remember the pissing match Ace got into with the Queen guys in the "rehearsel" footage on AI?
re: Mandy Patinkin Earns $428.14 a week  Sep 17 2008, 11:58:07 AM
with accounting for inflation, when i book a lead at a LORT A, my salary is the same as it was in the 70s doing non-eq dinner theatre.

I stuck it into one of those year/dollar value calculators and nearly wept. thought my career had progressed. guess not.

Up Against It  Sep 16 2008, 01:14:53 PM
did anyone see any incarnation of this? I have only heard the 4 redone songs, but i love them. the whole score is only recorded on a Japanese import with Todd doing all vocals. I've never heard it.

I love Orton, and I WORSHIP Rundgren, so how did this fail so miserably?

nnnnnn  Aug 11 2008, 01:52:22 PM
^^^^

re: john stewart's obvious racism comes through  Aug 8 2008, 09:57:44 PM
actually, Papa, it's not the color of the Washington Monument, it's the fact that the Leaning Tower of Pisa is, well, leaning. I like my phallic symbols to stand up straight and hold their heads up proudly.
re: For anyone who lives in or near knoxville, tn  Jul 31 2008, 03:51:09 PM
everything they are bringing in is a non-eq tour.

Am I the only one who thinks that is an issue? I remember when Knoxville used to get 1st run national tours.

re: is 36 years old too late  Jul 27 2008, 07:58:48 PM
back on topic - are you male or female? if male, 36 can still be "a beginner"

if female, at 27, potential agents will ask "well what the hell have you been doing all your life?"

re: Original Mazeppa Sues for Age Discrmination  Jul 14 2008, 06:20:02 PM
in a related story - this 80 yr old stripper IS still strippin. Video from MSNBC

re: GODOT Revival set for 2009  Jul 12 2008, 03:46:16 PM
maybe with Bill Irwin and Brigitte Neilsen? and she will play it as a man.
re: GODOT Revival set for 2009  Jul 12 2008, 02:28:16 PM
who could we suggest for the other actor? maybe that guy who was on some 80s sitcom and then did Surreal Life and there was a rumor about him and Allanis Morrisette? Dave something? I would so go see him and Bill Irwin engage in verbal sword play.
re: Herman Discuss 'Dolly' Revival, possible Dollys  Jul 12 2008, 01:35:19 PM
I've recently seen Latifah quoted in a magazine saying Broadway was a dream, but would take too much time out of her schedule.
re: Esparza Still Attached to Leap of Faith?  Jul 12 2008, 01:02:17 PM
these rumors are enough to make me cry

re: Herman Discuss 'Dolly' Revival, possible Dollys  Jul 12 2008, 12:19:57 PM
what? no Anita Dobson?
re: Color Headshots  Jul 12 2008, 12:19:07 PM
if you've spent much time at the equity lounge, you've seen those people. I can recall saying to my friends "if I ever become that desparate, please stop me from auditioning".

and now I'm afraid I AM becoming one of those people.

re: Color Headshots  Jul 12 2008, 11:26:37 AM
it's definately not a rule. Equity doesn't make rulings about headshots. You could actually show up with out one, but you would look like a dweeb.

Everyone is using color because it no longer is more expensive than b/w, and back in the day, you had to submit b/w to reproduce in the Playbill cuz if was more difficult for the printers to convert a color shot into a nice tiny b/w. But now everything is digital so it's all samey samey and the printers can pretty much do anything off a di

re: Who Decides...  Jul 11 2008, 09:40:35 PM
the one with the pushiest stage mom?
re: Color Headshots  Jul 11 2008, 07:50:40 PM
it's just that the only glossies I've seen were elderly people, using a shot that was clearly taken and printed 30 yrs ago, or the early 80s, and of course b/w. And I always felt sad for them. The same people that have a really tattered 16 bar cut of sheet music that is really faded.

or a fresh-from-the-sticks kid who has shots taken by their brother and printed in their own home dark room (you really don't see that much anymore, most newcomers these days appear to have done their hom

Color Headshots  Jul 11 2008, 07:31:43 PM
now that color has taken over as the "norm" has anyone ever seen "glossy" color headshots? Seems like every shot looks so similar now, semi-matte vibrant color, white border, with the only choice in variety being the turned-sideways print.
re: buzz on upcoming 'Sordid Lives'?  Jul 7 2008, 07:52:53 PM
looks like SBS is being released this summer. My friend is in that too. Playing another character.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You