News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for bwaybabe3

Member Name: bwaybabe3
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Riedel/Raul--I guess I'll get over it
 Jun 17 2007, 11:52:35 AM
thanks!
 Jun 17 2007, 11:32:19 AM
What did DHP say about Raul in his acceptance speech? He didn't only mention Groff and naps, I'm assuming he said something about all the nominees but I can't remember.
 Jun 15 2007, 05:56:37 PM
yea it could have been like that but apparently this woman was like "Raul, you know you're not going to win. Groff or DHP is going to take it" and my friend claims he said something like yes I know.

still, with everyone saying it his hopes probably lifted a bit.

Jun 15 2007, 05:47:59 PM
my friend's aunt is friends with Raul and visited him backstage at Company and she said he didn't expect to win...

who knows if that's true though. Still, I trust my friend/her aunt.

Company to Close July 1
 Jun 14 2007, 06:12:46 PM
im sending my letter now...
re: Company Today (2 oclock show)
 Jun 14 2007, 01:43:57 PM
oh thanks! And I don't need to send it to just one person right? I can write something to the affect of To the cast of Company c/o The Barrymore?
 Jun 14 2007, 12:02:11 PM
no I wasn't with anyone actually I was by myself, but I was knitting before the show started so maybe you saw me! I just wanted to say again how beautiful the show is. I wish I could see it again but I leave NY on tuesday. I think I'm going to send the cast my love via letter (would I send it c/o the theatre?).

On an interesting note, Mr. B, who plays Harry has taught the orchestra at my school a lot and is married to the main vocal lady at school. Hopefully come Fall I'll be able to ta

Jun 13 2007, 10:53:25 PM
whatever, I'm just thankful I saw it!
 Jun 13 2007, 08:27:18 PM
well the website says it opens two hour before the show, and the show was at two so i assumed i had to be there by 12...

glad to know that there were extra tears.. I almost cried myself

Jun 13 2007, 07:40:10 PM
i got there at ten - assuming there would be a line before the box office opened at 12. however, i just walked in and asked a guy where the student rush line was forming (the place was deserted) and he just gave me a ticket right then. Basically I walked around TImesquare until the show... but it was alllllllllllll worth it!!!

About the chord playing
I know it should be a lot, and I know what he's about to do... but this was A LOT. I dont know I think it was normal and I think his

Company Today (2 oclock show)
 Jun 13 2007, 06:06:38 PM
Let's just say I've never seen a Sondheim show on stage. I don't know what to say... I'm in awe. After the show everyone was on their phones telling people how amazing it was, so maybe it won't close! I don't know the logistics of money and shows... but if there are a surge of ticket sales will it stay open? More about the show now...

Everyone was on their game. It was brilliant. I sat first row (student rush) along with other students. The audience gave Raul loooots of applause after b

re: SPRING AWAKENING Programs Have Arrived!
 Jun 12 2007, 11:48:50 PM
"Is Tom Deckman listed as Hanschen?"

I'm a little confused... why would it say that? Wright isn't leaving, is he?! I met him tonight - so nice, and really intense.

re: Did anyone rush SA today?
 Jun 12 2007, 11:21:15 PM
my friend did! She got there at 7 in the morning and bought us a pair of tickets and said she was eighth in line of about fifty. If anyone would like a little review of the show i'd be glad to tell you everything... they were all exceedingly nice at the stage door. this was the second time i saw it and it was BETTER, the cast was HAPPIER, and the audience was loving it.
re: Anyone catch Hugh in the commercial
 Jun 11 2007, 05:27:31 PM
it looked like singing in the "moulin rouge" (sp?) style. Like old pop songs that go along with the plot.
re: what are your thoughts on the alterations made to Spring Awakening in t
 Jun 11 2007, 05:17:19 PM
whatever! it was fun and silly and you know what they're young and looked extremely satisfied with their own performances. And sure, it's supposed to be for the audience, but i think each performance is really a mini celebration for each show. these kids, who are so young, are at the TONYS! I would kill to be where they are, so I"m glad they looked like they were having fun and enjoying themselves. Also I loved John G. Jr's little stick out tongue thing. so cute!
re: So....on a scale of 1 - 10.........
 Jun 10 2007, 11:43:52 PM
7 - just b/c i loved how before a commercial break like a large cracking sound could be heard and spot lights would hit upcoming performers!
re: Best Quote from the Tonys
 Jun 10 2007, 11:30:29 PM
her BOBBY reminded me of urinetown!
re: Regis and Kelly Broadway Week
 Jun 8 2007, 10:48:44 AM
well i've never seen mary poppins and i watched the performance this morning and I actually thought it was really cool... and I'm not a big disney fan really. But Gavin Lee was just SO cute! On another note, Kelly shouted "watch the tonys!" at the end of the show... I thought that was nice!
 Jun 5 2007, 12:01:44 PM
i watched the performance this morning having never seen the show, and I'm sad to say I was underwhelmed. Still, I'll get around to seeing it and I'm sure I'll love the production where it was meant to be - on the stage! I just thought the beginning was awkward with DHP's line... and I got the vibe he knew it too with his little smile.
 Jun 4 2007, 07:00:29 PM
thanks for the link becoz. if i had never seen the show i might have thought that was all one song. drums would have been nice though, but i'm a stickler for watching john rock out :P
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You