News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Broadwaynut81

Broadwaynut81 Profile Photo
Member Name: Broadwaynut81
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Actors being fired / replaced
 Dec 11 2014, 10:09:49 PM
I've often wondered whether producers/PR people cite an injury or vocal rest instead of saying someone is fired (it wouldn't surpise me, I guess, but I was just wondering).

For instance, the regional theater near where I live replaced two high profile leading ladies right before performances began, and both cited a "back injury" as the reason for their departure.

Jeremy Jordan in Newsies
 Aug 28 2012, 02:49:12 PM
@Kelly2 it sounds to me you are just going to see Jeremy Jordan and no one else... you wouldn't be putting up such a fuss if you weren't.

Please allow me to say this... When I bought tickets to "Newsies" I bought them because I wanted to see "Newsies" the show, not Jeremy Jordan in "Newsies" -- he's not a "name" actor, at least not outside of the Broadway community. Now, I'll fully admit to wanting to see his performance, (subsequently I did, and I enjoyed it immensely) but I don't thi

Looks like Glee is doing ANYTHING GOES with the '87 Orchestrations.
 Sep 16 2011, 06:48:29 PM
I thought the You Can't Stop the Beat was rather, well, not good. The slow start just didn't work at all -- I agree with whoever said the song is supposed to start big and go till the end, this one just didn't do it for me.

That said, I figured it was only a matter of time before they threw something from Hairspray on Glee - not only do you have the Adam Shankman connection, but the more obvious Matthew Morrison link (pardon the pun).

New Poll: What Musical Currently Running on Broadway Would You Like to See Made as a Movie Next?
 Jul 23 2011, 11:12:24 AM
I like the idea of "Jersey Boys" just because of the material alone. On the other hand, it would probably just follow the same format of the show so you would probably be better off filming the show live.
re: Wicked's Current Tour Cast List
 Apr 9 2009, 09:09:03 AM
There are two tours running concurrently, so it depends on which city you are in. If you go to the Wicked website and look at the tour page, just click on the tour dates. On the right side of each date, it says "Company Info" and it has the company for each city.
re: What was your best/worst stagedoor encounter
 Mar 17 2009, 10:00:54 PM
I must say that I have never had a bad stage door experience, I guess as long as you are respectful to the performer(s) you are there to see, and don't act all "crazed fan"-esque, you will have a fine experience. I also have done more stage-dooring in Boston, where the practice hasn't exactly caught on as it has in NYC (that being said, it is getting more popular).

Ones that stick out would be the touring companies of Wicked and Little Shop, who took the time to talk to you and intera

re: Mandy Patinkin and Patti LuPone
 Mar 12 2009, 01:03:32 PM
I'm seeing them on Saturday - can't wait... does anyone know what songs they do (other than the ones mentioned on this post).
re: You Know It's Community Theatre When...
 Jan 24 2009, 01:24:59 AM
I have to say - even though I haven't done Community Theater in a long time, I have some great memories...

I was in a production of Peter Pan when I was 11, and because I could dance, the director cast me as one of the Henny Penny Indians - I was in this brown thing made out of drapes and a headdress with 6 feathers. Good times...

This was also the same production where the fly operators (my dad and a couple of other guys) flew the girl playing Peter into the wall, and there w

re: What Broadway stuff did you get for Christmas 2008?
 Dec 27 2008, 12:17:53 AM
I got a Wicked 2009 Calendar (really big - nice photos)
Defying Gravity musical snowglobe (fresh with Playbillstore.com magnet)

And, not totally Broadway related - but I got a Karaoke machine that has recording capability - so I have been singing and recording all of my favorite theater songs - it's been quite a fun time.

EDIT:: I also got the "Fosse" DVD

re: What is your favorite song from Mamma Mia! The Movie?
 Dec 19 2008, 08:05:17 PM
I prefer the movie soundtrack over the London recording. I like how the CD uses the original ABBA arrangements. For me, the standout songs for me, besided the ABBA standards, are Voulez Vous and Does Your Mother Know. I also think Meryl Streep's version of "Winner" is out of this world.
re: Robert Reviews 'Legally Blonde' On Tour...And Isn't Happy
 Nov 20 2008, 08:25:42 AM
I saw the show in Boston a couple of weeks ago. I have to say that while the show was good in itself - I have to agree that it didn't have that special flare that the Broadway production had (bear in mind my only exposure to the Broadway roduction was the MTV broadcast). It was in a word a bit lackluster.

Not to do a detailed review of the show, but I have to say that a lot of lines that could have landed laughs (and did on Broadway) didn't - I don't know if that was because of a stuc

re: Legally Blonde tour: worth seeing?
 Nov 11 2008, 05:33:57 PM
I saw it Friday night, and I thought it was great! Becky was amazing, as was NJJ. They are all so nice, too. The tour is definitely worth it. The only thing was the leads were drowned out by the ensemble at points - but I think that is more an issue with the Boston Opera House than the people.

I have to say, though, that if you go, don't listen to the CD or watch the MTV broadcast for a while before you go. I found that some of the jokes that were so good on TV fell flat, but that

re: Lines from Broadway songs that would make great t-shirts
 Oct 7 2008, 06:45:30 PM
I know they're not from songs, but:

"You better brace yourselves for a whole lot of ugly comin at ya from a neverending parade of stupid..."

and

"They're just shoes... let it go!"

re: show stoppers (the wrong kind)
 Sep 14 2008, 05:00:47 PM
I agree on All I Need... it really doesn't do anything to advance the plot or anything... but if you think about it its the only other song in the show sung by a male other than Herbie (I think... correct me if I am wrong)

My picks:
"On This Night of a Thousand Stars..." from Evita
"Those Canaan Days" from Joseph...

Those two are sleepers and I buzz through them whenever possible. Others... "Wonderful" from Wicked, and while I like the song, I agree that "Ireland" is j

re: the best one liner??
 Sep 10 2008, 12:55:43 AM
My favorites:

"You two better brace yourselves for a whole lot of ugly comin' at ya from a neverending parade of stupid..." - Hairspray

"Elphie - let the little girl go... and that poor little dog DODO!"

follwed by:

"I know you don't want to hear this right now but someone has to say it... you are out of control... I mean c'mon they're just shoes... LET IT GO!" - Wicked

re: What's your favorite souvenir @ broadway shows?
 Aug 1 2008, 01:11:49 PM
I, like many, tended to buy T-shirts from every show. I stopped, though, because
a) I had so many they took up way too much space, and I never wore them...
b) Most show shirts are black and they tend to shrink when I wash them, so I try not to buy any that are that color (which leaves me very limited).

The only piece of clothing I purchased that I wear a lot is my "Wicked" hoodie I bought at the Gershwin 2 years ago... my favorite if you ask me.

I like to buy the souv

re: Patti's isotoners were back this evening
 Jun 26 2008, 11:11:59 AM
She wore them on the Saturday 6/21 matinee, too, and the announcer made the announcement, and everyone (inclding my cousin, who is a HUGE Patti fan) just went insane... and then the announcer finished, when everyone breathed a collective sigh of relief. I remembered reading it somewhere here before, so it wasn't as much of a shock.

When I saw it Patti was awesome! She lost one of the isotoners during "You'll Never Get Away from Me" and laughed so hard trying to put it back on she an

re: What Musical Theatre Song Is Your Top Played on iTunes?
 Jun 24 2008, 09:01:01 PM
You Can't Stop The Beat (movie): 62
Ladies' Choice: 38
Defying Gravity (OBC): 36
Dreamgirls (movie): 28
The Bitch of Living: 25

re: Good Luck on 'Dancing with the Stars' Marissa!
 Mar 18 2008, 09:46:18 PM
I thought she did good... I do agree with the judges in the dance needed more content, but I think it can be attested to the fact it is the first night and she may have been nervous. I'm still voting for her.

re: Newest MAMMA MIA! Trailer
 Mar 18 2008, 05:45:57 PM
Loved it!! Meryl sounded and looked awesome, and I loved the new sound clips... can't wait!!
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You