pixeltracker

Good Luck on 'Dancing with the Stars,' Marissa Jaret Winokur!

Good Luck on 'Dancing with the Stars,' Marissa Jaret Winokur!

jacobsnchz14 Profile Photo
jacobsnchz14
#1Good Luck on 'Dancing with the Stars,' Marissa Jaret Winokur!
Posted: 3/17/08 at 8:48am

I know the women won't dance tonight and will tomorrow, but I just wanted to say Good Luck and that we are all rooting for you to win that Mirror Ball Trophy! :)

WE LOVE MARISSA! <3
Updated On: 4/22/08 at 08:48 AM

MCfan2 Profile Photo
MCfan2
#2re: Good Luck on 'Dancing with the Stars' Marissa!
Posted: 3/17/08 at 8:58am

Is that starting already? Seems like the last one just finished. Good luck to her!

broadwayfan7 Profile Photo
broadwayfan7
#2re: Good Luck on 'Dancing with the Stars' Marissa!
Posted: 3/17/08 at 9:52am

I'll be watching!

"Everytime you step on that stage it is somebody's first Broadway show and somebody's last Broadway show. Make it count."

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#3re: Good Luck on 'Dancing with the Stars' Marissa!
Posted: 3/17/08 at 11:12am

I don't watch the show, but I just might have to this time around.

Just give the world Love.

jerseyboyschick2 Profile Photo
jerseyboyschick2
#4re: Good Luck on 'Dancing with the Stars' Marissa!
Posted: 3/17/08 at 4:20pm

This season looks like it's going to be pretty good. Can't wait to watchre: Good Luck on 'Dancing with the Stars' Marissa!

"You will understand that Bww is a forum that allows Theatre people, Fussy old Queens, and chorus boys of Mama Mia to release their everyday life's frustration by being Snarky, B**chy, and sarcastic." -BwayBoundJoe

yankees1253 Profile Photo
yankees1253
#5re: Good Luck on 'Dancing with the Stars' Marissa!
Posted: 3/17/08 at 4:24pm

i couldnt agree more with you jerseyboyschick2. good luck and dont stop the beat marissa!!!!

jacobsnchz14
#6re: Good Luck on 'Dancing with the Stars' Marissa!
Posted: 3/18/08 at 5:03pm

Tonight, Marissa will be dancing quickstep or cha-cha for your votes as the women dance! Call 1800-VOTE4-09.

Updated On: 3/18/08 at 05:03 PM

jacobsnchz14
#7re: Good Luck on 'Dancing with the Stars' Marissa!
Posted: 3/18/08 at 9:25pm

Marissa Jaret Winokur cha-cha's next after Monica Seles!

:) :)

Broadwaynut81 Profile Photo
Broadwaynut81
#8re: Good Luck on 'Dancing with the Stars' Marissa!
Posted: 3/18/08 at 9:46pm

I thought she did good... I do agree with the judges in the dance needed more content, but I think it can be attested to the fact it is the first night and she may have been nervous. I'm still voting for her.
Updated On: 3/18/08 at 09:46 PM

Testing1232 Profile Photo
Testing1232
#9re: Good Luck on 'Dancing with the Stars' Marissa!
Posted: 3/18/08 at 9:46pm

Ricki Lake cheering her on was too cute !!!

BroadwayEnthusiast2 Profile Photo
BroadwayEnthusiast2
#10re: Good Luck on 'Dancing with the Stars' Marissa!
Posted: 3/18/08 at 9:53pm

Her energy is so infectious! Just watching her rehearse made my day.

However, I wish she were given more to do.

You text VOTE to 3409? Is that right?

"I mean, sitting side by side with another man watching Patti LuPone play Rose in GYPSY on Broadway is essentially the equivalent of having hardcore sex." -Wanna Be A Foster. "Say 'Goody.' Say 'Bubbi.'" ... "That's it. Exactly as if it were 'Goody.' Now I know you're gonna sing 'Goody' this time, but nevertheless..."

yankees1253 Profile Photo
yankees1253
#11re: Good Luck on 'Dancing with the Stars' Marissa!
Posted: 3/18/08 at 9:53pm

i have my phone ready to vote for her. by the way tony is the one who does her rountine, i think she needed some input on it.

jacobsnchz14
#12re: Good Luck on 'Dancing with the Stars' Marissa!
Posted: 3/18/08 at 9:56pm

VOTING METHODS

AT&T Texting:
Text "VOTE" to 3409

Calling:
1-800-VOTE4-09
(1-800-868-3409)

Email:
Go to http://dancing.abc.com/
Go to the "Vote Now!" button on the right
Must be a registered member to vote Updated On: 3/18/08 at 09:56 PM

broadwayfan7 Profile Photo
broadwayfan7
#13re: Good Luck on 'Dancing with the Stars' Marissa!
Posted: 3/18/08 at 10:04pm

Marissa did a beautiful job! I think the song fit her very well and I love how bubbly her personality is!

"Everytime you step on that stage it is somebody's first Broadway show and somebody's last Broadway show. Make it count."

dancingthrulife04 Profile Photo
dancingthrulife04
#14re: Good Luck on 'Dancing with the Stars' Marissa!
Posted: 3/18/08 at 10:05pm

She was very good, but if that was seriously supposed to be a cha cha she needs a new choreographer.

http://www.beintheheights.com/katnicole1 (Please click and help me win!) I chose, and my world was shaken- So what?
The choice may have been mistaken, The choosing was not...
"Every day has the potential to be the greatest day of your life." - Lin-Manuel Miranda
"And when Idina Menzel is singing, I'm always slightly worried that her teeth are going to jump out of her mouth and chase me." - Schmerg_the_Impaler

Flaunt It
#15re: Good Luck on 'Dancing with the Stars' Marissa!
Posted: 3/18/08 at 10:10pm

Her partner is the choreographer.

dancingthrulife04 Profile Photo
dancingthrulife04
#16re: Good Luck on 'Dancing with the Stars' Marissa!
Posted: 3/18/08 at 10:13pm

I knew that, just didn't phrase it properly. She needs a new partner, then.

http://www.beintheheights.com/katnicole1 (Please click and help me win!) I chose, and my world was shaken- So what?
The choice may have been mistaken, The choosing was not...
"Every day has the potential to be the greatest day of your life." - Lin-Manuel Miranda
"And when Idina Menzel is singing, I'm always slightly worried that her teeth are going to jump out of her mouth and chase me." - Schmerg_the_Impaler

dominique
#17re: Good Luck on 'Dancing with the Stars' Marissa!
Posted: 3/18/08 at 11:23pm

It's not Tony's fault, he's awesome, this is his 5th season on the show and he's great. It looked like he was trying to show her things but not making much headway (in the rehearsals) she just kept doing her own thing and making him laugh.

She's adorable, very entertaining, energy to spare, and after being judged tonight maybe she'll be more open to listen to Tony next week. I loved watching her dance tonight because she's so much fun. She needs to work on the dance steps.

p.s. I almost couldn't take my eyes off Tony tonight though, he was hot in those pants!

Updated On: 3/18/08 at 11:23 PM

Flaunt It
#18re: Good Luck on 'Dancing with the Stars' Marissa!
Posted: 3/18/08 at 11:45pm

You cant say what rehearsals were like based on a 2 minute video package. She has been training for 4 weeks for this.

dominique
#19re: Good Luck on 'Dancing with the Stars' Marissa!
Posted: 3/19/08 at 1:12am

I realize it was a 2minute recap of a few weeks of rehearsal, I drew my own conclusions from it.

Bottom line, have you guys watched the show the past few years and seen Tony perform? Seems a little presumptious to say she needs a new partner. He's an accomplished ballroom dancer, she is not. I'm sure he tried to give her more content. She did good for her first night. Of course she has lots of room to improve. She'll get better each week. Meanwhile she was fun to watch.

shh282 Profile Photo
shh282
#20re: Good Luck on 'Dancing with the Stars' Marissa!
Posted: 3/19/08 at 1:55am

despite her distancing herself from the technical stuff I thought she was darling on the show!

MusicalMan76 Profile Photo
MusicalMan76
#21re: Good Luck on 'Dancing with the Stars' Marissa!
Posted: 3/19/08 at 2:50am

Well, I hate to "Tony-bash" but this wouldn't be the first time that Tony has sacrificed content to go "against the grain" in the ballroom world. He's been chastised in previous seasons for pushing the envelope and bending (and sometimes breaking) the rules. I don't think based on what we saw that we can place fault on either Marissa or Tony.

broadwayjim42
#22re: Good Luck on 'Dancing with the Stars' Marissa!
Posted: 3/19/08 at 7:40am

Looks like she's going to be this year's Sabrina in terms of energy, although as yet she's not that obnoxious. I did think she overdid the hoochie, but if she was instructed to go that way, Tony deserves the blame.

Flaunt It
#23re: Good Luck on 'Dancing with the Stars' Marissa!
Posted: 3/19/08 at 8:21am

I felt her song "Apple Bottom Girl" was a litle.. well .. obvious and demeaning. It think it takes away from the message she is trying to send. It would be like Marlee dancing to "The Sound of Silence" ... I am not blaming Marissa for song choice.. I just hope the producers don't continue to paint her as fat first and talented second.

Broadwayj1 Profile Photo
Broadwayj1
#24re: Good Luck on 'Dancing with the Stars' Marissa!
Posted: 3/19/08 at 9:06am

I think she could be very good, but they really need to pick up the game! Give her more stuff to do!

Videos