News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for trikaraokeidol

Member Name: trikaraokeidol
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Drowsy Chaperone (was it me?)
 Jan 23 2007, 03:40:22 PM
I saw it three times in LA and once in NY.

Yup - it was definitley you. Most people I know at least walk away with loving something from the show and would not refer to it as "stupid".

re: Females as Albin & Georges in LA CAGE?
 Jan 17 2007, 02:32:09 PM
And if somebody told you BIG RIVER would be performed by deaf people or that SWEENEY actors would play their own instruments, would you have nixed those ideas too?
re: Females as Albin & Georges in LA CAGE?
 Jan 17 2007, 02:17:58 PM
People - think out of the box!!

I think it sounds interesting and if done well - could be pretty great.

re: Raul Esparza Update! He Reacts to the Times Story Here...
 Dec 1 2006, 08:02:45 PM
I liked him in COMPANY. But I just don't think people like him or McGreevey, Heche, etc. are "brave".

I can't completely blame the journalist. It made for a compelling read - which is her job.

HE GAVE HER THE INFO!!! She didn't make it up!

:)

Dec 1 2006, 07:47:16 PM
I definitely agree with you on the journalist issue.

However, he gave her a helluva lot of info. Why talk to a reporter like that and have it be off the record?

I found the article very entertaining and was thinking about it for a while afterward. He did it (the interview) for publicity. Perhaps they both got waht they wanted.

Dec 1 2006, 07:23:56 PM
Yes it is - thank you!

It's also a little clear that you have some emotional connection here and/or are a huge fan. Would you consider that your opinion may be a bit biased? Do you think it was arrogant of him to not just talk about the show, the cast, and his experience with it? Having said that, I blame the writer for thinking that outing a musical theatre actor is front page news.

Dec 1 2006, 07:13:34 PM
I'm not understanding your argument against my opinion that what he did is not brave. I have re-read your last post about 5 times and I don't get it.
 Dec 1 2006, 07:03:03 PM
I find it endearing as well!

Still, I don't find what Raul did "brave".

How does my argument go against being who you are? My argument is more like who cares who he his? Why is he so arrogant to think that the one time he sits down for a cover story with the NY Times, he should talk about his personal life like that? But if that is WHO he is, so be it.

Dec 1 2006, 06:50:27 PM
I've been waiting for somebody to use the "b" word. Brave? Hardly. The ones who are brave are the ones who say they are gay at a very young age and have to endear the ridicule of their classmates and peers for years. It's not brave to marry a woman who loves you, have gay affairs on the side and then talk about it in the NY Times once you have a Broadway lead and are an established name in the theatre world.
re: Best City [outisde of New York State] to live in, theatre-wise
 Aug 28 2006, 01:08:02 PM
As crazy as it sounds, LA has really been shaping up as a theatre town in recent years. Any given weekend, there are at least 100 live performances going on within a 25-mile radius from cabarets to touring shows to sit-down productions. Plus it's not too far to San Diego for a day trip at the Old Globe (which I have done many times).
re: taxi + Beauty and the Beast
 Aug 11 2006, 11:42:58 AM
camp actor - don't be an ass...do you realize how all the shows you mention keep actors and musicians and a whole slew of others working??
New SINGING NUN??
 Aug 3 2006, 12:32:01 PM
How can they bill this as a "new" musical? It played NY years ago and LA too! Same writers.

Can someone explain??

https://www.broadwayworld.com/viewcolumn.cfm?colid=11326

Sound of Music Reviews
 Jul 31 2006, 02:42:45 PM
I saw it on Friday. Errico was the bore she usually is. The only excitement from her was during THE LONLEY GOATHERD which she did very well. But I'm guessing that is because technically she does fine. I just didn't believe her as Maria and the opening number was a very lost opportunity for her to win her audience over. Marni was great although reaching. Since it was billed as a semi-staged reading the lines-forgetting was fine with me. John Schneider was a surprise -- I liked him! - but th
re: Curtains in LA
 Jul 28 2006, 06:06:46 PM
I loved Drowsy. Saw it four times.
 Jul 28 2006, 01:11:20 PM
I saw it last night.

The cast is great and I disagree that Nikki was the weak link. I don't think there was a weak link in the cast at all. For me the weak link was the choreography and direction. Often times, the actors seemed to be wandering around the stage with no real purpose. David Hyde Pierce was great and Debra Monk was great too...but at a murder mystery, people should be talking about whodunit at intermission and there was none of that here. It was more fluff than myste

Jul 20 2006, 12:03:04 PM
I have friends coming to LA this weeekend and we want to go to the Sunday matinee on the 20th. Can you let me know how to get discounted tickets??
re: _____ ruined one of my favorite shows
 Jun 16 2006, 12:25:26 PM
I had the misfortune of seeing Linda Lavin on Broadway in GYPSY. She took over for Tyne Daly at the very end of the Broadway run. Really, REALLY miscast. She chose to do the entire part in an Irish brogue. Perhaps the rest wouldn't have been so bad, but the accent was awful.
re: Worst movie musical
 Jun 14 2006, 12:45:03 PM
Obviously no one here has tried to sit through THE FANTASTICKS movie with Joey McIntyre. Now that's PAINFUL.
re: Coco
 May 30 2006, 11:38:12 AM
I think they should revive COCO with Miss Coco Peru.
Worst. Lyrics. EVER.
 May 24 2006, 05:00:18 PM
RE: real edierdown lyric from EVITA

I know what the lyric means - come on - it's not that difficult. And I like CV's take on the foreshadowing of the coffin although I can't find it anywhere that the coffin was truly lined with eiderdown. Perhaps it was.

But in each recording and in every production I have seen, the line gets lost. Why would an uneducated girl from the sticks even know what eiderdown was? It seems too big a word for a 16-year old and it always irks me.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You