News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Mr_CaptainPants

Mr_CaptainPants Profile Photo
Member Name: Mr_CaptainPants
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Laura Griffith walks into 'The Light...'
 Jun 17 2005, 03:51:38 PM
Sigh...

Yes, it *does* seem like the Piazza backlash has begun, Ourtime. And I think perhaps we might all agree that the bumping without comment should cease?

bwayfan215, I guess I don't know what to say to you. You respond to say that perhaps your use of the word "obnoxious" was maybe a bit obnoxious, but you were in a foul mood that day. Fair enough. Totally. I mean, I think we've all had days like that. But then you go on to say:

"the constant protestatio

Jun 16 2005, 09:50:20 PM
"...but Red's (and others) flowery posts about how absolutely marvelous the show is and how it has changed his life is bordering on obnoxious."

"Let it die if no one has anything interesting or important to add to the gooey and syrupy nonsense already posted ad nauseum."

Ooookay. I want to be as clear as I can here, so let me say that my remarks are directed toward bwayfan215 and not Finding Namo. Namo has a valid point, and I don't think he's being negative. Its true that t

Jun 16 2005, 03:32:42 AM
Shira,

*whew*! Glad you understand, and that no offense was taken.

(climbs back out of hole, entertains random thought, relates it to Piazza, resumes listening to Piazza)

Jun 15 2005, 10:16:10 PM
"CP - I'm not in any relationship of that sort."

Shira, omg, it never even occured to me that what I wrote could be interpreted that I was saying that about you specifically. MAJOR oopsie on my part for not being more clear. I was only speaking in a general sense. From the few posts of yours I've read, you strike me as a very intelligent and independant person. I'm SO sorry if I seemed to imply otherwise!

Quick, someone do some gushing to create a distraction!

(crawl

Jun 15 2005, 04:49:36 PM
"As a rule of thumb, I can never trust the opinion of anybody born after 1950 who says they "don't like rock.""

LOL, Namo. Funny. If it makes you feel any better, I *do* like rock. And pop. And techno. And Country. And...blah, blah, you get the picture. I like a wide variety of stuff. A musical piece doesn't have to be the illegitimate love child of a musical and a chamber opera before I'll deem it worthy of my attention. Tinny may not conn

Jun 14 2005, 07:17:50 PM
I just wanted to jump in here, since I just bought my cast recording of Piazza 3 days ago. I have already burned a copy for my car and loaded it in mp3 form onto 2 mp3 players and my PSP. In other words...if there's a device capable of playing music in my home, car, or on my person, its currently playing Piazza. Like a 24 hour All-Piazza-All-The-Time radio station.

I saw the performance on the Tonys and thought, "Gee, that's kinda pretty", but that alone didn't make me run out and

re: Wicked
 Jan 22 2004, 09:59:15 AM
On this board you'll find that most people will advise you not to seek out a plot synopsis due to the "spoiler" issue. You will be told to "just go see the show". However, for some, seeing the show isn't quite that simple. I don't know what your situations is. Perhaps you don't live in New York, perhaps you can't afford to travel to see the show, who knows. So I will give you what you are asking for, but will also warn you and anyone else who clicks on the link I'm about to post that it *will* "spoil" certain surprises and plot twists. It is a personal decision, of course. I simply don't believe in the "spoiler" philosophy. I've read a plot synopsis for every show I've ever seen, and have not once felt that the show was spoiled for me. And yes, I have read a plot synopsis of Wicked; rather than spoiling things, it has only *increased* my desire to see the show.

Its your call, but be warned. There ARE so-called spoilers to be found at this link:

http://mercy_bell.tripod.com/wickedsynopsis.html

Have fun!

Has anyone heard anything about Chess?
 Jan 6 2004, 07:22:45 PM
They've been talking for a couple of years now about reviving it. Even though its still a fairly recent musical (depending on one's view, of course) I would love to see it come back and *succeed*, instead of being dismissed as a "pop show", which at the time were pretty much looked down on. I think with the success of "Rent" and other "pop" musicals, coupled with the more mainstream audience the theatre has acquired, this would be a perfect time to revive it! Any one know anything about this?
I do...
 Jan 5 2004, 07:36:47 PM
...and I am SO all over that! Thank you, Tappedout!
What? WHAT???
 Jan 5 2004, 07:31:50 PM
Hark! What's this about a live version? Do tell....

-Dan

Yeah...
 Jan 5 2004, 07:26:24 PM
Its not that the ending is *bad*...its just such a triumphant song, a defining moment where Elphie chooses her path, and... then... "Look at her, she's wicked, get her!" I'm still trying to light my ciggarrette and enjoy my glow, and there they go, butting in...lol! (okay, I don't really smoke, but the analogy still holds!)
Another vote for...
 Jan 5 2004, 07:18:08 PM
Defying Gravity...though I *wish* it ended differently. *sigh* But I see that's been discussed before, so I won't rehash it! Its still an *awesome* song, and beautifully performed by the two ladies!

-Dan

Wonderful, David
 Jan 5 2004, 03:23:49 PM
That was very interesting. An awesome contribution. When there are so many versions of a story, its interesting to compare and contrast. Fun, too!

-Dan

Wicked: The Spoiler Debate...
 Jan 5 2004, 02:56:41 PM
Hi, everyone! I just registered here after having just obtained the cast album of Wicked, and wanted to weigh in on the spoiler issue. I totally respect the opinions of everyone saying "no spoilers, please". They are trying to protect the experience of those lucky enough to be able to see the show from being, um, well, "spoiled". But we also have to realize that there are those of us who live nowhere near Broadway, and after working, paying the bills, and feeding the cat, simply do not have
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You