pixeltracker

Revivals You Think Are Most Likely/Or Are Forsurely Going To Happen In 2004/2005

Revivals You Think Are Most Likely/Or Are Forsurely Going To Happen In 2004/2005

Megan Marie Profile Photo
Megan Marie
#0Revivals You Think Are Most Likely/Or Are Forsurely Going To Happen In 2004/2005
Posted: 1/6/04 at 11:34am

What do you think or know whats going to be playing on Broadway this year and the next?:)

Broadwaylilhead Profile Photo
Broadwaylilhead
#1re: Revivals You Think Are Most Likely/Or Are Forsurely Going To Happen In
Posted: 1/6/04 at 1:00pm

It seems like EVERYTHING is coming around again.. how much longer till a revival of A CHORUS LINE ?

Call it a regime change...

ckeaton Profile Photo
ckeaton
#2re: re: Revivals You Think Are Most Likely/Or Are Forsurely Going To Happen In
Posted: 1/6/04 at 1:10pm

Did I hear a rumor about 'Pajama Game'?
After LCT they all tend to get restless.

Hamlet's father.

Megan Marie Profile Photo
Megan Marie
#3re: re: re: Revivals You Think Are Most Likely/Or Are Forsurely Going To Happen In
Posted: 1/6/04 at 1:11pm

I hope the Pajama Game comes out. I'm actually going to be in a local production of it this May and I'm really excited.

Broadwaylilhead Profile Photo
Broadwaylilhead
#4re: re: re: re: Revivals You Think Are Most Likely/Or Are Forsurely Going T
Posted: 1/6/04 at 1:12pm

I'm ready for SIDESHOW to be revived.. I know its only been a few years but I just miss it so much :)

Call it a regime change...

papalovesmambo Profile Photo
papalovesmambo
#5re: revivals you think are most likely/or are forsurely going to happen in
Posted: 1/6/04 at 1:45pm

i have it on good authority that "paint your wagon" will be revived in spring 2005 with tom wopat, matt cavanaugh and wynonna judd

r.i.p. marco, my guardian angel.

...global warming can manifest itself as heat, cool, precipitation, storms, drought, wind, or any other phenomenon, much like a shapeshifter. -- jim geraghty

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort

fenchurch=mejusthavingfun=magwildwood=mmousefan=bkcollector=bradmajors=somethingtotalkabout: the fenchurch mpd collective

Bret Profile Photo
Bret
#6re: revivals you think are most likely/or are forsurely going to happen in
Posted: 1/6/04 at 2:26pm

I think it would be nice if there was a 30th anniversary revival of A Chorus Line. However, it only closed 15 years ago, possibly too soon for a successful revival.

"Wherever you go... I'll be right there. When you get your own private kick in the ass, just remember: it's a present from me to you." Rose's dying words to Louise

Mister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
#7re: re: revivals you think are most likely/or are forsurely going to happen in
Posted: 1/6/04 at 2:52pm

I just saw Matt Cavanaugh in the tour of Millie. His acting wasn't the best, but he has a great voice.

I would love to see revivals of Paint Your Wagon (my favorite Lerner and Lowe) and The Pajama Game (the first musical I ever saw).

If the new staging of A Little Night Music does well at the Shakespeare in Chicago, it could be a possibility (their Pacific Overtures went to the Donmar Warehouse in the West End).

All the buzz about Dreamgirls sounds pretty solid and Evita has been tossed around a lot. I'm very curious about this new version of Allegro. I would love to see it revived as I think it was such an innovative concept for a show.

And then there is The Wiz, which seems to be temporarily on hold.

"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian

BrdwyThtr Profile Photo
BrdwyThtr
#8re: re: re: revivals you think are most likely/or are forsurely going to happen in
Posted: 1/6/04 at 2:58pm

I'd love to see A Chorus Line. There is also talks of a Broadway engagement of Peter Pan with Cathy Rigby.

Phantom2 Profile Photo
Phantom2
#9re: re: re: re: revivals you think are most likely/or are forsurely going to happen in
Posted: 1/6/04 at 3:11pm

Mister Matt- You're so lucky to see Matt Cavenaugh in action. I agree, he has an amazing voice. You should have seen him in "Urban Cowboy", or did you?

"I'm learning to dig deep down inside and find the truth within myself and put that out. I think what we identify with in popular music more than anything else is when someone just shares a truth that we can relate to. That's what I'm searching for in my music." - Ron Bohmer

"I broke the boundaries. It wasn't cool to be in plays- especially if you were in sports & I was in both." - Ashton Kutcher
Updated On: 1/6/04 at 03:11 PM

Mister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
#10re: re: re: re: re: revivals you think are most likely/or are forsurely going to happen in
Posted: 1/6/04 at 3:19pm

Nope. I didn't get to see it, though I really wanted to. The publicity shots of Matt were enough to make me shell out the bucks for the show. Well, him and the divine Sally Mayes.

"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian

Phantom2 Profile Photo
Phantom2
#11re: re: re: re: re: re: revivals you think are most likely/or are forsurely going to happen in
Posted: 1/6/04 at 3:22pm

The shots didn't even do Matt justice.

"I'm learning to dig deep down inside and find the truth within myself and put that out. I think what we identify with in popular music more than anything else is when someone just shares a truth that we can relate to. That's what I'm searching for in my music." - Ron Bohmer

"I broke the boundaries. It wasn't cool to be in plays- especially if you were in sports & I was in both." - Ashton Kutcher

catcher Profile Photo
catcher
#12re: re: re: re: re: re: re: revivals you think are most likely/or are forsurely going to happen in
Posted: 1/6/04 at 4:46pm

Pajame Game was announced.

I also believe Camelot is likely, as per Ken M.

And The Wiz. And La Cage.

orchajaws Profile Photo
orchajaws
#13re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: revivals you think are most likely/or are forsurely going to happen in
Posted: 1/6/04 at 5:48pm

Yes, Camelot is looking to run mid-2004 with Liam Neeson as King Arthur. The Wiz and Pajama Game are scheduled to open this summer as well. And, La Cage (rumor has it, Harvey Fierstein is going to be Albin, as his "Hairspray" contract expires in November) is looking for a late 2004/early 2005 opening. Reports also mention that Jerry Mitchell is looking to revive "Pippin" by the middle of next year. GOD BLESS REVIVALS!

wickedfan Profile Photo
wickedfan
#14re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: revivals you think are most likely/or are forsurely going to happen in
Posted: 1/6/04 at 5:56pm

most likely? or wanted? likely i think that pajama game, sweet charity, camelot (maybe, the wiz (maybe)

i WANT
the wiz and a chorus line

"Sing the words, Patti!!!!" Stephen Sondheim to Patti LuPone.

Hank
#15re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: revivals you think are most likely/or are forsurely going to happen in
Posted: 1/6/04 at 7:08pm

Not know but think, ok, harping back to another thread:
Evita
staring Idena Menzel.
Wishful thinking.

Mr_CaptainPants Profile Photo
Mr_CaptainPants
#16Has anyone heard anything about Chess?
Posted: 1/6/04 at 7:22pm

They've been talking for a couple of years now about reviving it. Even though its still a fairly recent musical (depending on one's view, of course) I would love to see it come back and *succeed*, instead of being dismissed as a "pop show", which at the time were pretty much looked down on. I think with the success of "Rent" and other "pop" musicals, coupled with the more mainstream audience the theatre has acquired, this would be a perfect time to revive it! Any one know anything about this?

Broadwaylady Profile Photo
Broadwaylady
#17re: Has anyone heard anything about Chess?
Posted: 1/6/04 at 7:39pm

Orcajaws is correct. I cannot wait for Liam (sigh) in Camelot. I saw him in the Crucible and he is yummy.........I am also excited about Bombay Dreams, Pajama Game and a few other new ones coming soon!!!!!!!!!!

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by moments that take our breath away." "Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain."

BroadwayDiva Profile Photo
BroadwayDiva
#18re: re: Has anyone heard anything about Chess?
Posted: 1/6/04 at 7:41pm

The shows I want to come back are:
A Chorus Line
Once Upon a Mattress
Pajama Game
Evita
Miss Saigon
Hair (even though I know it won't)
Pippin
Jesus Christ Superstar
Godspell
Joseph...Dreamcoat
West Side Story

Hmmm... the ones that will come back have already been mentioned.

I have my books and my poetry to protect me...
Updated On: 1/6/04 at 07:41 PM

ShineOn
#19re: re: re: Has anyone heard anything about Chess?
Posted: 1/6/04 at 7:59pm

I don't think Side Show will be touched until it's at the VERY least ten years old. (that would be in 3 years) I honestly can't foresee a revival of Side Show for a bit longer though... but there HAS to be one someday. There has to be. (And I have to play Daisy... mwaha. By the time that comes 'round, I'll probably be completely over that fantasy and have no desire to even audition...)

"You! You are the worst thing to happen to musical theatre since Andrew Lloyd Webber! And you, well, I just plain don't like you."
~Stewart Gilligan Griffin
Updated On: 1/6/04 at 07:59 PM

Dollypop
#20re: re: re: re: Has anyone heard anything about Chess?
Posted: 1/6/04 at 8:30pm

I have perused my unabridged dictionary and can't find a definition for the word "foresurely". Are we speaking English here?

"Long live God!" (GODSPELL)

ShineOn
#21re: re: re: re: re: Has anyone heard anything about Chess?
Posted: 1/6/04 at 8:43pm

Um, if that remark was directed toward me... perhaps someone needs to reach for his glasses, because there isn't a single trace of a word such as "foresurely" written in my post. However, a word resembling your jargon was used and was found in my dictionary with the following definition:

foresee: (transitive verb): to see (as a development) beforehand.

And yes... this was an English dictionary. :)

(I WOULD like to add that originally I made a boo-boo and forgot the first 'e' in foresee... but it was at no point 'foresurely'. That's... foresurely. *wink*)

"You! You are the worst thing to happen to musical theatre since Andrew Lloyd Webber! And you, well, I just plain don't like you."
Updated On: 1/6/04 at 08:43 PM

ShineOn
#22re: re: re: re: re: re: Has anyone heard anything about Chess?
Posted: 1/6/04 at 8:52pm

And NOW, I would just like to add that I am completely blonde.

I just looked at the title of this thread.

I do apologize, dear Dollypop. No need to grab the spectacles... looks like you've got some 20/20 vision going on. Seems I'm the one who needs glasses... or... to pay more attention.

Benzy92 Profile Photo
Benzy92
#23re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Has anyone heard anything about Chess?
Posted: 1/6/04 at 8:54pm

I thought there was a reading for Roundabout of Merrily We Roll Along.. with Gavin Creel. I would love to see this happen. Also, lets get Frenchie closer to NY in this tour shes doing.. Also, Ive heard from a friend that she talked to one of the producers of Zanna Dont, and they are looking at some options.. that would be awesome, because I havent seen it re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Has anyone heard anything about Chess?

ShineOn
#24re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Has anyone heard anything about Chess?
Posted: 1/6/04 at 8:56pm

If there's a revival of Merrily, I so want to see Emily as Gussie. She rocked out in the DC production.