News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for TheaterChef

TheaterChef Profile Photo
Member Name: TheaterChef
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Singers that make you say; WTF?
 Feb 22 2005, 11:36:37 PM
Kermit the frog. ..that makes me giggle.
re: Meet Me In St. Louis - high school material?
 Feb 22 2005, 11:29:44 PM
Haha, well there was. I kind of got trigger happy when I posted and made two posts so I deleted as much of the duplicate as I could. Sorry for the confusion.
 Feb 20 2005, 12:22:45 AM
Yee Gods, 30 minutes? I'll start looking elsewhere. Thank you both though.
 Feb 20 2005, 12:08:25 AM
Eep. I was afraid of that. But thank you - you told me what I needed to know.
Meet Me In St. Louis - high school material?
 Feb 19 2005, 11:53:25 PM
Question question: is there anything about Meet Me In St. Louis that would make it impossible to put on a high school production of it?

Shoot...and it looks like I posted this twice. Herm. I guess that's what happens when I get trigger-happy. Sorry guys and gals.

Meet Me In St. Louis - high school material?
 Feb 19 2005, 11:53:22 PM

The Rocky Shaiman Horror Show
 Jul 10 2004, 12:48:01 AM
Yep. Joking around. And in all seriousness, I'm completely against wizzing on people's food. But I could surely try to change my convictions for your food, Marc. Again, joking around.
This Charming Man
 Jul 9 2004, 03:21:32 PM
Just watched SNL 25 a few nights ago, Matt_G. I had to pay tribute somehow.

Marc -- I was merely implying that even YOU eat, sh*t, and sleep. Well, I would hope you at least do one of those things. In any event, I wasn't insulting you. I just find it amusing people pay such a tribute to you. I have no doubt you are amazingly gifted/talented/etc. but I do not know you personally, so I don't judge either way. I have no intention to use my posts as insults towards the members here. Me

my favorite subject...ME
 Jul 9 2004, 03:27:37 AM
LAY OFF MAN I'M STARVING!
my favorite subject...ME
 Jul 9 2004, 03:27:00 AM
Heh, heh..
my favorite subject...ME
 Jul 9 2004, 03:16:43 AM
Stop that. That isn't my ego you're stroking...........

*Pulls eggo away* get your own, B*

(Okay, I'll take this to PM now. )

my favorite subject...ME
 Jul 9 2004, 02:31:37 AM
Hi CJR. I would just like to say thank you for talking to me in public.

Er..heh. I love you, too.

That is all, too.

my favorite subject...ME
 Jul 9 2004, 02:18:12 AM
*One member out of the millions in the peanut gallery stands up* Hi I'm Tricia, *hi Tricia* yes, I would just like to say, everyone eats, sh*ts, and sleeps. Thank you.

*Sits back down*

re: Movie Musicals (Chicago and Phantom, most specifically)
 Jul 9 2004, 01:31:49 AM
Oh my, I didn't think my input would cause such a stir. Wow, I hope I didn't offend. I didn't mean "(all of it)" as in all opera is in a foreign language...I was mainly using a hyperbole to show there aren't many musicals in another language unless rewritten that way. But I tried to keep things open due to inevitable debate. I know musicals are starting to resemble different aspects of opera more and more closely.

Thank you for the brushing up on what makes the opera and the musical

re: Music Man Fiasco on ABC
 Jul 6 2004, 05:42:02 AM
Jon, in 40 words or less you managed to speak my mind.
re: Millie and Pirates Connection
 Jul 6 2004, 05:38:24 AM
D'accord.
Don't waste your time.
 Jul 6 2004, 05:36:14 AM
Blech. I found myself cringing everytime Broderick started to sing -- particularly in Marian the Librarian. *shudder*

Chenoweth sounded beautiful, but when it came to scenes with Broderick and her together, ugh. She had nothing to play off from.

I cringed through the entire film now that I come to think of it. If the director had the actors portray real people, this is just sad. The Music Man is a mockery of what America was at the turn of the century.

Molly Shannon ad

re: Eye-ball guy in PHANTOM trailer
 Jul 6 2004, 05:17:50 AM
Buquet or someone from the freak show. Buquet does so to mock the Phantom about his facial distortion and to scare the chorus girls.
re: Movie Musicals (Chicago and Phantom, most specifically)
 Jul 6 2004, 04:55:04 AM
All right, to try and clear this all up, POTO is not an opera because it does in fact have dialogue more than in Act I. Ex. Act II; scene II, scene IV, scene VI, not to mention in Act I -- scenes I-III.

As for what makes an opera an opera and a musical a musical has been said to be because an opera is almost always a drama which is completely or mostly sung. Opera is led mainly by the vocals and orchestra, whereas musicals are carried through by the dialogue.

But, the "rules" ha

re: Millie and Pirates Connection
 Jul 6 2004, 04:08:26 AM
You're absolutely correct, mzk. It is from Ruddigore. I discovered that a few years back when I was in a local production of Pirates of Penzance and came across the optional piece "My Eyes Are Fully Open" and found it was fit into Millie. One more thing to take away from the originality of the show..
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You