News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for arapp721

arapp721 Profile Photo
Member Name: arapp721
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Atomic today
 Aug 10 2014, 10:23:19 AM
Curious to hear about this as well...
Idina Menzel's Tony performance
 Jun 9 2014, 07:32:21 PM
"I consider her shouting because I perceive her to be mistaking volume for emotional intensity. Her performance was very, very bombastic, but not at all moving. So "shouting" is a substitution of "sing louder!" instead of "tell more story!" She is an incredible singer, and a very underwhelming actor"

would that then be more of an acting choice, rather than singing technique...?

re: Legally Blonde understudies
 Mar 3 2008, 07:38:41 PM
I was there last night as well. Fantastic show and everything went by so quickly trying to take everything in at once. I've seen Haven in Rent, so i was excited to see her in something new.....I think she did a great job... i only have a comparison with the MTV show but I believe she would be an amazing elle if given more of an opportunity to go on..... I also loved despite shortage of people, understudies, that it didn't detract from the energy and flow of the show.
re: COMPANY - Closing Performance Stories
 Jul 3 2007, 01:31:16 AM
Although I didn't see any of the closing performances, I did want to add, that I felt incredibly happy that I was able to see a performance before it closed.
Matinee's on Wed.
 Oct 10 2006, 05:59:59 PM
I am in town only for a few days, and I was wondering if there are any matinees on Wednesdays for any shows that are going on right now?

Thanks!

re: Yes, it's true- High School RENT
 May 24 2006, 03:45:57 AM
I agree that this shouldn't be in high schools either, cutting out songs and words, isnt' just about taking away the edgy-ness of the show, but it takes away something from character development and from the story arc from a lot of the characters as well as cutting out a lot of the heart and soul of the show. it completely miss the point of why the song is even being sung i.e. LVB.

BTW, reading about the cuts, it reminds me of watching a PG 13 or rated R movie on network TV.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You