News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for AKDPerformer

AKDPerformer Profile Photo
Member Name: AKDPerformer
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Web Site: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=813775374
Blog Address: http://www.livejournal.com/users/akd1324
Profile: I'm a performer/writer.

I'm addicted to NYC, coffee, books, cute boys and my iPod. :)

I'm hypergraphic and an OCD perfectionist.

I heart the "Performers Who Didn't Go To College" message board thread. =)

More info on my MySpace, i'll add you:)

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: WSS Revival- Dance At The Gym
 Jun 8 2009, 12:34:49 AM
""The worst Broadway Anita" may be the first Anita to ever win the Tony."

And guess what...she did.

re: Why men shouldn't sing LEGALLY BLONDE...
 Aug 30 2008, 09:31:50 PM
"Sounds like Laura Bell Bundy on a good day."

Ouch.

He made me laugh though :)
And I agree, that score will get stuck in your head for DAYS.

re: Broadway stars who did NOT go to College...
 Aug 30 2008, 09:24:44 PM
feinstein 9-You took the words right out of my mouth!!!! I'm doing the same exact thing as you! So well put! :)
re: Suggestions From People Related To AMDA...
 Aug 29 2008, 10:08:20 PM
Your welcome :)

Glad to know someone appreciates my ramblings :)

Aug 29 2008, 10:06:58 PM
mywonderwall- your post was extremely well put and so true. :)
 Aug 29 2008, 01:33:49 AM
Right, in the end everyone is their own individual and has to do what best works for them. Everyone chooses their own path and decides to pursue their craft in the particular way that they see fit. That they feel best corresponds with them as a performer and a person. College or no college. Getting a BFA from the top theater school doesn't guarantee a successful career nor does pursuing individual training and working without 4 years of school.

Success isn't guaranteed in thi

re: Funniest Broadway Song?
 Aug 29 2008, 12:39:35 AM
"My Girlfriend Who Lives In Canada"

Basically all of Avenue Q...period.

Aug 29 2008, 12:38:00 AM
'He said "College is for people who don't know what they want to do. I knew what I wanted to do." '

So someone who knows they want to be a doctor, or a lawyer, or a research geneticist... should just skip college and start practice? Riiiiight!"

Sorry, I had to bump this.

Ummmm....yeah...performing in show business and performing brain surgery. Two COMPLETELY different professions. One requires a degree and the other doesn't. The statement he made was in a complet

Aug 29 2008, 12:27:14 AM
"I don't know much, but I heard directors wont want you as much when they hear you are from AMDA...but idk really =/
Good luck!"

https://www.broadwayworld.com/board/readmessage.cfm?thread=972554&boardname=student&dt=1&boardid=14

At the end of the day, its about who you are and what your personally capable of/have the potential to do and your abilities as a performer.

re: Lesser Known Shows That Need A Revival
 Aug 29 2008, 12:16:41 AM
Sure, they wouldn't stay open long and will doubtfully come back to the stage but it would be nice for the fans of the obscure. :)
 Aug 29 2008, 12:03:32 AM
Better yet, if you have the money and the will to do it get your training individually (choose your own acting classes/dance classes/voice lessons etc.) to attend and pay for. Also get a job (possibly theatre related like an internship/dance asst. or some type of ushering/merch job in the theater).

Everyone is different. Everybody responds to specific types of training in a variety of ways. This is just a suggestion for people when college/conservatory is not an option or colle

re: Lesser Known Shows That Need A Revival
 Aug 28 2008, 11:55:33 PM
I agree with Purlie!

Martin Guerre
Wild Party (Lippa's version)

Hilarious Comments...
 Aug 28 2008, 02:00:00 AM
I saw Gypsy this past Sunday and I got my tix the day before at the box office. There was this woman in front of me who clearly didn't speak English fluently, and was taking FOREVER to order her tickets.

So...I think she's about to leave, and she comes back steps right in front of me and asks the ticket booth guy "Are there any pictures or programs or merchandise that I can just borrow to show my family what its about and then bring it all back tomorrow?"

The guy was dumbfound

re: Amber Von Tussle in Hairspray
 Aug 28 2008, 01:47:17 AM
I know. I'm sorry and I do understand the confusion. Its just that a lot of the people on these boards can get their panties in a twist when someone expresses a different opinion/or even asks a simple question etc.

Anyways, this thread was originally about Amber and somehow transcended into talking about Link. I feel like Amber should resurface in the discussions now.

Aug 27 2008, 08:59:01 PM
Yes, AKD, please explain. What else have you seen him in? The two highest-profile things Constantine has done have been the non-Equity tour of Hairspray as Link and a two-week stint as Link on Broadway.

Are you confusing Constantine Rousouli with Constantine Maroulis from The Wedding Singer, Jacques Brel..., etc?

Yes, I did. I jumped to conclusions and automatically assumed that when people wrote "Constantine" they meant Maroulis and I know now that i'm incorrect. I'm

re: audition songs to avoid
 Aug 27 2008, 12:36:28 AM
"Yes AKD, but it's one thing when you introduce your pieces and one of them is defying gravity and the panel doesn't let you sing it. I've seen it happen before."

Yes, and as I stated above i'm well aware that anything from "Wicked" is an overdone piece. I wasn't suggesting anything thats so popular that they don't even let you sing it. But, there are other songs that over time have decreased in popularity that used to be overdone but if researched and sung amazingly can be potentiall

Aug 26 2008, 08:48:21 PM
I like Constantine...but i'm sorry I just can't see him as Link...
re: What is your favorite eleventh hour number?
 Aug 26 2008, 08:46:08 PM
Of course
Rose's Turn-Gypsy
Easy as Life-Aida

re: Gypsy 8/16/08 Evening Performance Review
 Aug 26 2008, 08:44:47 PM
Awesome! Thanks for your review!

I saw it on Sunday 8/24/08 and it was AMAZING!!!

Especially the chemistry between Patti and Laura in the second act. They were both so magnetic and played off of one another so well. It was like fireworks.

re: The American Mall
 Aug 14 2008, 02:27:56 AM
Neil <3

The main girl is Nina Dobrev from Degrassi.

She is like a clone of Vanessa Hudgens. Only her voice is 1000x more annoying and horrible.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You