Amber Von Tussle in Hairspray

FinalDestination Profile Photo
FinalDestination
#1Amber Von Tussle in Hairspray
Posted: 8/25/08 at 6:58pm

I'm not sure WHEN this takes place, I guess it all depends on when Aubrey O'Day leaves Hairspray, but it has been confirmed, that Kate Loprest (current swing/Kira US in Xanadu) will take over the part of Amber von Tussle in Hairspray.

She is so amazing-so if you get the chance see her-whenever she starts. I'll try and figure out when she starts and then I'll post it here. But congratulations. She's really amazing and SO nice at Stage Door.

"That's a good point. Next time I pee on a Starbucks couch and throw straws and napkins at a barista, I'll just yell, "YOU DON'T KNOW ME OUTSIDE OF STARBUCKS! YOU DON'T KNOW ME AT ALL!" and that should do it. "-LizzieCurry

JP2 Profile Photo
JP2
#2re: Amber Von Tussle in Hairspray
Posted: 8/25/08 at 7:01pm

Cool!

Does anyone know who is replacing Jenifer Lewis?

yankees1253 Profile Photo
yankees1253
#2re: Amber Von Tussle in Hairspray
Posted: 8/25/08 at 8:14pm

congratulations to her and i think she will be starting as amber mid september.
jennifer lewis replacment was there the other night, didnt get her name sorry.

blueq123
#3re: Amber Von Tussle in Hairspray
Posted: 8/25/08 at 9:12pm

Charlotte Crossley is replacing Jenifer Lewis.

NGD47 Profile Photo
NGD47
#4re: Amber Von Tussle in Hairspray
Posted: 8/25/08 at 9:18pm

Constantine is taking over full time when APA leaves.

Formerly Defyingravity07

< It ain't pretty, but she sure is

javertim
#5re: Amber Von Tussle in Hairspray
Posted: 8/25/08 at 9:20pm

Charlotte Crossley is an amazing Motormouth, and I have always wanted to see Constantine as Link. ... Plus, I heard a rumor about a favorite Edna of mine possibly returning this fall. This is all great news.

JP2 Profile Photo
JP2
#6re: Amber Von Tussle in Hairspray
Posted: 8/25/08 at 9:24pm

Wait.. are you guys serious about Charlotte Crossley and Constantine.

._.

blueq123
#7re: Amber Von Tussle in Hairspray
Posted: 8/25/08 at 9:24pm

Yes, Kate Loprest, Charlotte Crossley, and Constantine Rousouli are all joining the cast full-time.

winter_sky Profile Photo
winter_sky
#8re: Amber Von Tussle in Hairspray
Posted: 8/25/08 at 9:30pm

Damn. I was really hoping Curt Hansen would be bumped up when APA leaves.

I hope it's Paul Vogt that you're refering to javertim. I thought he was great.

zamedy
#9re: Amber Von Tussle in Hairspray
Posted: 8/25/08 at 9:30pm

Didn't Charlotte Crossley play Motormouth in the first national tour? If so, I remember seeing her and she was amazing! I also believe she was one of the Divine Miss M's original Harlettes!

NGD47 Profile Photo
NGD47
#10re: Amber Von Tussle in Hairspray
Posted: 8/25/08 at 9:31pm

Wait.. are you guys serious about Charlotte Crossley and Constantine.
---------------------------

I never kid about Constantine. Also is your favorite Edna John Pinette? I sent him a Myspace message about it a while back but I didn't hear anything. Perhaps he has to keep it under raps.

Formerly Defyingravity07

jake6970
#11re: Amber Von Tussle in Hairspray
Posted: 8/25/08 at 9:34pm

Wasn't Curt Hansen supposed to take over? I thought that was part of the reason he turned down Melchior in the Spring Awakening tour for this.

blueq123
#12re: Amber Von Tussle in Hairspray
Posted: 8/25/08 at 9:37pm

I believe the story is that Curt Hansen will be on a leave of absence to film a television pilot For either Nickelodeon or Disney when Ashley Parker Angel leaves, which is why a different person is being brought in. If the show is picked up, he will leave Hairspray and continue with the TV show. If it is not picked up, he will return in his usual role of Sketch.

And yes, Crossley did play the role in the first national tour. Updated On: 8/25/08 at 09:37 PM

JP2 Profile Photo
JP2
#13re: Amber Von Tussle in Hairspray
Posted: 8/25/08 at 9:58pm

"I hope it's Paul Vogt that you're refering to javertim. I thought he was great."

Me too!

javertim
#14re: Amber Von Tussle in Hairspray
Posted: 8/25/08 at 10:02pm

"Also is your favorite Edna John Pinette?"

He is, indeed. re: Amber Von Tussle in Hairspray

NGD47 Profile Photo
NGD47
#15re: Amber Von Tussle in Hairspray
Posted: 8/25/08 at 10:06pm

John's stories about being Edna on his Standup special are priceless. I think I have to go watch it again.

"Yeah because I want pluck these mothers out one by one!!"

Formerly Defyingravity07

yankees1253
#17re: Amber Von Tussle in Hairspray
Posted: 8/25/08 at 11:08pm

Damn. I was really hoping Curt Hansen would be bumped up when APA leaves.

he sure is!!!!, and i am happy for curt too. apa is scheduled to leave sept 15th, i think.

i have heard nothing about tevin yet and dont know when his contract is up. matt morgan or steven cutts can both replace tevin as seaweed.

thanks for the replacment of motormouth.

i will be at jennifer and aubrey's last performance.

winter_sky Profile Photo
winter_sky
#18re: Amber Von Tussle in Hairspray
Posted: 8/25/08 at 11:17pm

Oh, John Pinette. He was my first Edna when I saw the tour in DC a while ago. I barely remember that show so it'll be good to get some clarity on who I saw.

Wait, Yankees, wasn't it said earlier Curt was NOT taking over?

I really enjoyed Steven Cutts as Seaweed when I saw him. He also looks younger than Tevin which I personally enjoy. I still wish they could get Elijah Kelly in at some point.

yankees1253
#19re: Amber Von Tussle in Hairspray
Posted: 8/25/08 at 11:49pm

wintersky,i will get info about curt asap meaning get it settled. also i will try and write a review from sunday's 6:30 performance.

vixiedust2
#20re: Amber Von Tussle in Hairspray
Posted: 8/25/08 at 11:57pm

aww I'm so excited for Kate! and to see her! i think she'll be great!

Fosse76
#21re: Amber Von Tussle in Hairspray
Posted: 8/26/08 at 10:55am

"I hope it's Paul Vogt that you're refering to javertim. I thought he was great."

It's John Pinette. But as of now it's only a rumor. Not sure if anything has been signed.

winter_sky Profile Photo
winter_sky
#22re: Amber Von Tussle in Hairspray
Posted: 8/26/08 at 12:31pm

Fosse76,

Yea, I got that when javertim said John Pinette earlier and I said okay.

DottieD'Luscia Profile Photo
DottieD'Luscia
#23re: Amber Von Tussle in Hairspray
Posted: 8/26/08 at 12:37pm

Glad to hear that Charlotte Crossley is finally coming on board. I saw her 4x with the national tour and she was always amazing.

John Pinette is my least favorite of all the Ednas.

Happy that Constantine will be joining the cast again. I went to see the non-equity tour to see him, but he was already gone.

A friend of mine from work was there on Saturday night, and she said the audience was horrendous!! That was her first time seeing the Broadway production and she said the audience really interfered with her enjoyment of the show (lots of talking throughout, etc.).

Hey Dottie! Did your colleagues enjoy the cake even though your cat decided to sit on it? ~GuyfromGermany

javertim
#24re: Amber Von Tussle in Hairspray
Posted: 8/26/08 at 12:52pm

"John Pinette is my least favorite of all the Ednas."

Wow. That is honestly the first time I've ever heard someone say something negative about Pinette's Edna. What, specifically, didn't you like about his performance?

DottieD'Luscia Profile Photo
DottieD'Luscia
#25re: Amber Von Tussle in Hairspray
Posted: 8/26/08 at 12:55pm

I think I saw John 5x and I just didn't care for him. Sorry I can't be more specific. My sister saw him in Atlanta and didn't even realize Edna was a man!!

Hey Dottie! Did your colleagues enjoy the cake even though your cat decided to sit on it? ~GuyfromGermany

Videos