News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for jdixon69

jdixon69 Profile Photo
Member Name: jdixon69
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Because I don't want to be buried on page five of....
 Sep 25 2006, 08:49:56 PM
I think there's some confusion here between Benanti-bashing and ILuv-bashing.

For what it's worth, I think Benanti is awful in the part (and Maddigan's worse). I don't care if she ever comes back. But there seems to be a meanness to the anti-ILuv comments that's unjustified. Being coy and cutesy about a "friendship" with someone like Benanti can be annoying, but, hey, that was like a month ago, and we've all posted stuff here we might have phrased differently. This "BFF" mockery thr

re: Laura Benanti to return to SINGER October 3rd!
 Sep 25 2006, 03:37:37 PM
Got it, MC. I guess I was unfairly lumping you in with others who were making a similar point to yours in more mocking terms ("BFF", etc). My bad.
 Sep 25 2006, 03:23:27 PM
MC,

Read your post 4 times and still don't understand your point.

Update didn't help.

Not trying to lecture anybody. There just seems to be a lot of unprovoked mockery aimed iluv's way. Your justifications for it don't hold water.

Sep 25 2006, 02:56:57 PM
I'm not interpreting anyone's intentions. You are disparaging a fellow poster who posted benign information and opinion. That is bad manners.
 Sep 25 2006, 02:39:03 PM
Maybe iluv intentionally or unintentionally phrased his postings in a way that gave the impression that he was closer to Laura personally than he actually is. Or perhaps he is that close to her, and in defending himself against those that questioned that closeness, he came across a little defensive.

Either way, there is no malicious intent on iluv's part, only on those who would seek to embarass him.

Shame on you.

re: Will Benanti face casting difficulty?
 Sep 7 2006, 01:27:29 PM
The Wedding Singer experience has definitely hurt her career.

I defended her fiercely when she was cast, but her reviews were not great, her absences cemented her reputation as undependable and, like all of us, she's not getting any younger.

re: Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 9/3/2006
 Sep 5 2006, 10:25:56 PM
From a purely selfish perspective, I wish every show on Broadway would close. All the ones I liked I've seen already, so there's no need for them to stay open. And the ones I've disliked, or assumed I would, are just taking space from a new show I might potentially enjoy.

So close 'em all!

re: American Idol to Join Wedding Singer
 Aug 22 2006, 11:44:21 PM
This is awesome!
re: Laura Benanti on Medical Leave, Tina Maddigan to fill in.
 Aug 20 2006, 09:55:50 AM
Seems like Laura has been unlucky not only with injuries, but in working with producers who mysteriously and for no apparent reason forbid her from disclosing those injuries.
 Aug 15 2006, 07:22:07 PM
She's going to be out 4 to 6 weeks.

By that time, either a) the show will be closed; or b) the producers will have found their replacement Julia (see last Friday's "Daily Variety", excerpted here: https://www.broadwayworld.com/board/readmessage.cfm?boardname=bway&thread=907231#2407443)

Aug 15 2006, 06:01:29 PM
To those who believe Laura is healing up so she can go back to "hitting 'em out of the park" nightly at the Hirschfeld....

Laura will never appear onstage as Julia Sullivan again.

p.s. Foster, you scoundrel!

re: Why is Wedding Singer on the rocks?
 Aug 12 2006, 01:04:08 AM
uh, thanks for the input, Z.

A theory: are shows aimed at people in their 30s and 40s handicapped cause those people aren't coming to Broadway as much??

re: Why is Wedding Singer on the rocks?
 Aug 12 2006, 12:48:31 AM
Um, comments like "the show is terrible", "piece of crap", and "not a very good show" would seem to indicate that many of you have ignored the part where I asked you to "put aside your feelings for a second".

The show is getting raucous receptions. The show is not selling.

How could the word of mouth be bad? Are people laughing and hooting and hollering and then walking outside and changing their minds?

If it's the marketing, is it just that people are unaware of t

Why is Wedding Singer on the rocks?
 Aug 11 2006, 07:22:52 PM
Many on this board seem to be either passionate fans or passionate haters of this show. But please put aside those feelings for a second and answer me this:

Based on my personal experiences, talking with friends and even reviews, it seems clear that this show gets very enthusiastic audience responses. Sure, there are exceptions, but most folks who see it genuinely seem to like it (even those who were not expecting to).

So why is the box office so low?

re: Will Laura Leave Wedding Singer? Variety Thinks So
 Aug 11 2006, 09:27:32 AM
Variety prints what it's told to print.

And we're not allowed to speculate here because Laura wouldn't want us to? Should we wait to get permission in writing from her, or assume she'll give us her blessing through one of her oracles here?

re: Will Laura Leave Wedding Singer? Variety Thinks So
 Aug 10 2006, 11:10:18 PM
As Roseanna Roseannadanna once said, "It's always somethin'!"
re: Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 7/30/2006
 Jul 31 2006, 07:55:14 PM
Don't mean to geek out on ya, but wouldn't a more accurate measure of a show's relative health be avg.ticket price multiplied by % attendance?

Actually, come to think of it, the most accurate measure would be weekly gross divided by weekly potential gross.

re: Wedding Singer Rumor
 Jul 26 2006, 04:04:40 PM
You know who would be the most upset about this? Haylie.

"Marcia, Marcia, Marcia!"

re: Wedding Singer Rumor
 Jul 26 2006, 03:31:28 PM
The age difference wouldn't be so bad... if they brought in Aaron Carter to play Robbie!
Wedding Singer Rumor
 Jul 26 2006, 03:18:27 PM
Don't know if this has been posted, but check this out (3rd paragraph)

http://insider.tv.yahoo.com/insidetrack/malkin/

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You