Wedding Singer Rumor

jdixon69 Profile Photo
jdixon69
#0Wedding Singer Rumor
Posted: 7/26/06 at 3:18pm

Don't know if this has been posted, but check this out (3rd paragraph)

http://insider.tv.yahoo.com/insidetrack/malkin/

somethingwicked Profile Photo
somethingwicked
#1re: Wedding Singer Rumor
Posted: 7/26/06 at 3:22pm

She is way too young for any role in the show.

Tonya Pinkins: Then we had a "Lot's Wife" last June that was my personal favorite. I'm still trying to get them to let me sing it at some performance where we get to sing an excerpt that's gone.
Tony Kushner: You can sing it at my funeral.

#2re: Wedding Singer Rumor
Posted: 7/26/06 at 3:25pm

im sorry but i dont like hilary duff and i really dont think she would eb a good addition to the show AT ALL!!! it could even ruin the show for me. it better not happen, lol

Just_John Profile Photo
Just_John
#3re: Wedding Singer Rumor
Posted: 7/26/06 at 3:25pm

Well, she will sell the show out and it will have a longer run. So I hope it happens. And she may want to prove that she's better than her sister, so I think she'll do it.
Edit: I do hate her though, I just want the show to do well. Updated On: 7/26/06 at 03:25 PM

thevolleyballer
#4re: Wedding Singer Rumor
Posted: 7/26/06 at 3:26pm

Oy. The only role I could ever possibly, absolutely, unconditionally picture her in is Holly. Even that would be a mess.

snl89
#5re: Wedding Singer Rumor

UGGGG pleeease no!!! lol. That would take what is an AMAZING show with an AMAZING cast and... totally destroy it. lol. I mean, I actually really do like some of hilary's music believe it or not, but.. just no.lol. She doesn't have the acting OR singing chops really for broadway- especially singing-wise I think because the majority of her music is soooo synthesized and you can soooo tell its not her singing. And it'd just.. totally be selling out wedding singer, and thats not fair. No.. celebs need to stay out of my beloved broadway shows... unless its like.. someone who actually has the talent for broadway, which is NOT many celebs.

although.. okay, the thought of her playingg HOLLY isn't quite so bad... but I mean come on... after seeing the goddess of broadway Amy Spanger do it? Nope. even that's not for me. haha

I don't need a life that's normal. That's way too far away. But something next to normal would be okay. Something next to normal is what I'd like to try. Close enough to normal to get by.
Updated On: 7/26/06 at 03:26 PM

muscle23ftl Profile Photo
muscle23ftl
#6re: Wedding Singer Rumor

I'd love to see Hilary Duff in the show. Haha.

"People have their opinions and that doesn't mean that their opinions are wrong or right. I just take it with a grain of salt because opinions are like as*holes, everyone has one". -Felicia Finley-

Luckydave14
#7re: Wedding Singer Rumor

100% agree with somethingwicked. She is only 18 years old and I am sure that the part they want her to play is Julia. She is WAY to young to play her. Let her replace her sister in Hairspray once Haylie leaves.

gustof777 Profile Photo
gustof777
#8re: Wedding Singer Rumor

please Wedding Singer no stunt casting!!

RIP Natasha Richardson. ~You were a light on this earth ~

muscle23ftl Profile Photo
muscle23ftl
#9re: Wedding Singer Rumor
Posted: 7/26/06 at 3:27pm

Stunt casting can keep a show open for a long time, so I say, go for it.

"People have their opinions and that doesn't mean that their opinions are wrong or right. I just take it with a grain of salt because opinions are like as*holes, everyone has one". -Felicia Finley-

#10re: Wedding Singer Rumor
Posted: 7/26/06 at 3:28pm

Gross. Lynch is almost twice her age. Can we leave the disgusting age diferences between leading men and their young female co-stars in film? Let's not let this disturbing trend carry over to Broadway.

snl89
#11re: Wedding Singer Rumor
Posted: 7/26/06 at 3:29pm

^true, that! lynch is I believe going to be 35 in like less than a week... though he LOOKS no older at ALL than 20, its still gross to think about. haha

then again, when laura was in sound of music she was 18 and richard chamberlain was...um...much,much, MUCH older. haha, but I mean sound of music kind of lends itself to that huge difference in age (one of the few turn offs of the story haha) wheras wedding singer does NOT. They're SUPPOSED to be the same age

I don't need a life that's normal. That's way too far away. But something next to normal would be okay. Something next to normal is what I'd like to try. Close enough to normal to get by.
Updated On: 7/26/06 at 03:29 PM

#12re: Wedding Singer Rumor
Posted: 7/26/06 at 3:30pm

I want the show to do well too but i honestly think that she would take away from the show. She would even turn a lot of ppl away. I dont think shes right for broadway. She needs to stick to movies/tv/singing and stay away from broadway!!

zzannahk Profile Photo
zzannahk
#13re: Wedding Singer Rumor
Posted: 7/26/06 at 3:31pm

how old is Julia supposed to be?

jdixon69 Profile Photo
jdixon69
#14re: Wedding Singer Rumor

The age difference wouldn't be so bad... if they brought in Aaron Carter to play Robbie!

prayerforaduck Profile Photo
prayerforaduck
#15re: Wedding Singer Rumor

I'm not sure how long anyone's contract is - I heard April, I think. But I've got a feeling the show won't last long enough for those contracts to be up, especially if they are up in April. So I don't know if they'll have a chance to bring anyone else in.

I thought I knew but now I know that rose trees never grow in New York City
Updated On: 7/26/06 at 03:31 PM

#16re: Wedding Singer Rumor
Posted: 7/26/06 at 3:32pm

early 20s i do believe (old enought to get wasted!)

snl89
#17re: Wedding Singer Rumor
Posted: 7/26/06 at 3:34pm

yeah, julia at least is supposed to be 26, laura said so herself in one of the broadway beat videos re: Wedding Singer Rumor so I assume robbie's right around there too. Lynch is actually a liittle bit technically oldish for the role, but again, he looks SOO freaking young it really doesn't matter haaha

Dabadoll
#18re: Wedding Singer Rumor
Posted: 7/26/06 at 3:37pm

Ha. Snl89 beat me to it.

Women should be obscene and not heard. ~Groucho Marx

Nepotism is only unfair when it helps other people.
Updated On: 7/26/06 at 03:37 PM

gustof777 Profile Photo
gustof777
#19re: Wedding Singer Rumor
Posted: 7/26/06 at 3:39pm

I know but at least Haylie is decently talented...although many will debate and you know I'm all for keeping a show going but I really was hoping Wedding Singer wouldn't belittle itself by bringing in talentless pop stars like Duff. Now I wouldn't like it but I could deal with an Idol-er maybe Kat McPhee if she could act it? Who knows? All I know is that I would lose a lot of respect for this show if they brought Hilary in who as many of you said is way too freaking young and one of the best things about the show is the 80's-ness of it. Duff was barely born in the 80's! I think that one of the reasons I love the show so much is how energetic and kick ass the cast is. This show will fall apart when you bring in less than top notch cast members b/c it's not a well written enough show to have the material suffice a bad performance. Not that this would really matter b/c Duff would bring in the teeny boppers in droves but I have a lot more respect the show and I honestly don't see it running after Lynch leaves so if Julia, Amy and the original cast cuz just stick it out, which I'm sure they can cuz they are amazing than the show can just end on a good note w/ all amazing performers intact. Hate to say it but we need the space for all the new shows coming in.

RIP Natasha Richardson. ~You were a light on this earth ~
Updated On: 7/26/06 at 03:39 PM

RentBoy86
#20re: Wedding Singer Rumor
Posted: 7/26/06 at 3:39pm

That doesn't make sense. It will make Robbie look like a pedophile.

zzannahk Profile Photo
zzannahk
#21re: Wedding Singer Rumor
Posted: 7/26/06 at 3:40pm

i would go to see her and ofcourse Stephen Lynch again.

Luckydave14
#22re: Wedding Singer Rumor
Posted: 7/26/06 at 3:41pm

Hilary Duff can't even have a drink legally and they would need her to get wasted in the show! haha

#23re: Wedding Singer Rumor
Posted: 7/26/06 at 3:44pm

at least stephen acts really young normally. and laura plays the role great! i dont think hilary could handle it at all! and im not a fan of celebrities going to broadway. very few are actually good at it because its live. theres no re-dos and no lip syncing. worst idea ever! ha ha. I cant picture hilary in any role whatsoever. not even the ensemble.

dancingthrulife04 Profile Photo
dancingthrulife04
#24re: Wedding Singer Rumor
Posted: 7/26/06 at 3:46pm

Not going to happen.

http://www.beintheheights.com/katnicole1 (Please click and help me win!) I chose, and my world was shaken- So what?
The choice may have been mistaken, The choosing was not...
"Every day has the potential to be the greatest day of your life." - Lin-Manuel Miranda
"And when Idina Menzel is singing, I'm always slightly worried that her teeth are going to jump out of her mouth and chase me." - Schmerg_the_Impaler

Videos