News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for jewishboy

jewishboy Profile Photo
Member Name: jewishboy
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

2nd Stage Student Rush (White Girl in Danger)  Apr 15 2023, 11:29:58 PM

Yes - I did it successfully during previews 

Michael R. Jackson's new musical 'White Girl in Danger' to premiere Off-Broadway in March 2023  Mar 27 2023, 01:33:02 AM

Wow, I’d just hate to think what the majority of you would think of Into the Woods and Sunday in the Park With George if they opened today. Sheesh. The first act sets up the second act perfectly to build something truly transcendent, inspiring, and deeply personal to take away from the theatre. I loved the monologue. Couldn’t have the show without it. Then it really wouldn’t make sense! The first act is a bit too long I think, but I was consistently entertained and brought t

Encores! 2023 season announced: LIGHT IN THE PIAZZA with Ruthie Ann Miles, DEAR WORLD with Donna Murphy, and a 2-week run of OLIVER!  Mar 20 2023, 03:05:58 AM

I also just had to go back tonight after seeing it Saturday night as well. And I think Donna Murphy was in even better voice tonight. Ahhh, this was an Encores! that reminded me why I love Encores! Musical Comedy heaven. The back-to-back punch of I Don't Want To Know and I've Never Said I Love You is really well crafted and deeply captivating. Donna's I Don't Want To Know is something I will cherish being able to see twice. The first time was so emotional hearing it in context

DANCIN' Previews  Mar 12 2023, 10:58:57 PM

I just got out of tonight’s performance of Dancin’. I love this show. I have loved Fosse’s choreography ever since I was a little boy, and this just features his skill as a dance theatre director in such a fantastic way. This is such a magnificent ensemble to my eyes, not the eyes of a trained dancer, just a longtime theatre goer. And judging by the crowd’s uproarious reactions, many in the audience seemed very pleased. Many internal applause and loud cheers throughout

Encores’ THE LIFE - Performances & Reviews  Mar 17 2022, 03:16:05 AM

I don't know, that clip sounded great to me! I'm excited still.

Ahrens-Flaherty KNOXVILLE musical world premiere set for Asolo Rep  Mar 4 2022, 10:14:57 AM

Natalie Venetia Belcon!! Holy ****, i hope this gets recorded in some form!!

Cast your 7 Roses in a hypothetical NYC concert of GYPSY (one Rose per song)  Feb 22 2022, 01:18:40 PM

love this! Added some extras for Herbie & Louise :)

Some people: Audra

Small World: Sutton

Mr goldstone: Kristin or Lillias

You’ll never get away from me: Donna Murphy (and victor garber)

Everything’s Coming up Roses: Heather Headley

Together: Lea Salonga, Jose llana, and Ashley park

Roses Turn: Meryl (don’t necessarily want to see her do the show as much as the others but if she could put it all into this one number for o

Tim Rice Teases CHESS Broadway Revival  Jan 12 2022, 01:35:41 AM

I really want to see a production directed by Phyllida Lloyd

DIANA Original Broadway Cast Recording Thread  Jul 26 2021, 01:36:18 PM
Darn, the song this replaced was one of my favs- such a great comedic rock song. This one is just as good musically, but I think actually says much less about the characters.
Diana A True Musical Story  Feb 27 2020, 02:00:30 PM
I think a lot of the points made in this discussion hits the nail on the head. I wish they would change the name of the show to Prince Charles and Camila’s Journey of Love or the Love Triangle in Buckingham Palace, something that really fits with the cheesy/poppyness of the whole show. I am interested in the new material. I liked a lot of the music, but found the lyrics to be very very problematic.
Michelle Pfeiffer MUST Be Phyllis In The FOLLIES Film  Nov 15 2019, 11:40:04 AM
I think Allison Janney would be my #1 choice...
Anyone seen 'The Kid'?  Oct 26 2019, 01:12:08 PM
I really loved the title song to this show. Does anyone have an audio copy of the title song? Good memories, yes Lucas Steele was a standout then as well.
Road Show coming to Encores! Off-Center  Jul 23 2019, 04:14:09 PM
This might be a pointless question, does anyone know if I can buy a ticket or something in order to go to, what I presume will be, the invited dress tonight? I wasn’t originally going to go see this, but I’m getting more interested after seeing the clips and remembering the little things I love about this show. Hope everyone enjoys!
Promenade @ Encores  Jul 10 2019, 08:44:22 AM
I’m very excited for this! Glad to hear these positive reports! Hate to just ask this, but what is the run time? Thanks!
Chita Rivera playing Roxie  May 20 2019, 04:42:01 PM

Bebe played Roxie as well!

Laura Benanti to replace Lauren Ambrose in MY FAIR LADY  Dec 28 2018, 03:32:21 PM
Any word if shes in tonight?
My Fair Lady Student Rush  Dec 27 2018, 06:27:15 PM
BUMP or has anyone done cancelation? Whats the experience with trying to get day of tickets lately? If anyone has tried...
WHAT THE CONSTITUTION MEANS TO ME - $30 under 30 ticket tonight!  Dec 27 2018, 03:19:17 PM
I just PMd you!
Yiddish Fiddler at the Museum of Jewish Heritage  Sep 3 2018, 12:05:43 AM

Anybody know about student discounts or rush tix? Thanks! This sounds like a great production. 

Barbara Harris Has Passed Away  Aug 21 2018, 11:32:38 PM
RIP

The OBC of On A Clear Day... has always been one of my most played cast recordings. What a voice and spirit.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You