News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for tommyslim

tommyslim Profile Photo
Member Name: tommyslim
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Profile: Full time theatreboy, spare time blogger.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

A random xmas question
 May 13 2013, 11:49:24 AM
Hi guys.

I know its ages off, but i'm just thinking ahead so I can plan a little bit. Coming to NY for new years with my partner and I was wondering roughly what the general rule of thumb performance schedule wise it was for new years eve onwards?

Priscilla Broadway Cast Recording
 Mar 23 2011, 10:28:45 AM
So it arrived this morning.... anyone else heard it and think the same as me???? YAWN!!!!

Its too slow, too compressed and some of the voices don't blend together...

Its nowhere near as good as the original.... they should have done a London recording not this!!!

this is just MY opinion but it'll be interesting to hear what others think....

Help out a fellow BWW'er please :D
 May 4 2009, 04:19:49 PM
Hi, i'm a Musical Theatre Student at Drama School in the UK. As part of my final semeseter I have to write a dissertation, of which i'm currently doing some research for.

I have created a questionaire online, and it would really help me out alot if you could fill it out for me. It won't take you long to do, and it is based around casting in theatre. I have done alot of UK based research but I would love to hear the view from people on the other side of the world, particularly in America!

Anyone can fill it in, but if there are any black performers on here who could fill it out it would be an extra help for me!!

Thanks Guys, i really appreciate any help, the link is below!

http://FreeOnlineSurveys.com/rendersurvey.asp?sid=394cdj1d446q1l5590154

re: Subways are for sleeping
 Nov 6 2008, 03:30:13 PM
i'm from the uk, and our mti (josef weinberger) doesn't have it apparently.

Please help!

Subways are for sleeping
 Nov 6 2008, 01:42:25 PM
does anyone have or know where i can get hold of a copy of the score for this show???

either post back or om me. i wouldn't normally ask publically but im desperate for a song from this show and i cant seem to get hold of it!

please help!

Cry Baby Score
 Sep 14 2008, 01:21:38 PM
Hi there, i'm a musical theatre student in the UK, and i'm desperately trying to get hold of a copy of the cry baby score to study for my dissertation, i was just wondering if any of you guys had a copy of it i'd be able to get hold of, or if anyone knew where i could get one from, or even anyone have a contact email for lynne shankel or one of the team who worked on the show?

any help would be gratefully appreciated, either post on here or PM me.

many thanks

re: 'Michael Riedel is not a critic, he's an idot.' -- Boy George (on TABOO
 Apr 26 2008, 02:54:56 PM
the original book had quite a decent plot going for it, but what confused me when they took it to broadway is they took 'touched by the hand of cool' out of it, which in alot of peoples eyes was one of the best songs in the show.

but on the other hand, alot of the song arrangements were changed and ended up being alot more powerful. and the ensemble numbers had been made alot bigger than in the uk, particularly 'i'll have you all', ehich was a big improvement on the uk version.

re: 'Michael Riedel is not a critic, he's an idot.' -- Boy George (on TABOO
 Apr 26 2008, 02:15:59 PM
being a brit, i think the main trouble with taboo was that it was a very british show with very british humour, and i presume unless you are a gay, you wouldn't have gone to see it. and i iamgine it was probably made a little worse as they'll have tried to make it more american.

a little like why rent doesn't really work over in the UK, its too american for the average theatregoer to understand

re: rOcKS @ 'Cry-Baby'
 Apr 13 2008, 09:55:44 AM
he wasn't when i saw it
re: Broadway breaking boundaries whilst we stagnate
 Apr 13 2008, 09:54:25 AM
sorry to go back to an ealier post but could people agree the reason americans dont have as many plays on broadway is becauset he audiences dont want them???

i went to see cat on a hot tin roof last week whilst in nyc, (one of the best straight plays i've ever seen) and the audience was the worst audience i've ever seen. the most dramatic moments in the play and you've got ****ing americans answering there mobiles, and inappropriate shouting out, they treat plays like pantomimes.
<

re: rOcKS @ 'Cry-Baby'
 Apr 13 2008, 09:35:08 AM
i saw it last week and the only thing keeping me entertained was the choreography. everything else was pathetic. the quality of acting in the show was awful, the direction was was awful and the score is terrible.

the best person in the show was crazy stalker girl, and its clearly had that much of an impact on me i cant even remember her name. haha.

re: GODSPELL on Broadway casting rumors
 Mar 16 2008, 07:04:04 PM
i hope they do a better job than the last uk revival. god that was awful!
re: forbidden broadway for an englishman
 Mar 16 2008, 06:38:12 PM
yea thats what i went on but i couldn't seem to get any for april, it only showed up march, june july and august
forbidden broadway for an englishman
 Mar 16 2008, 06:32:39 PM
Hi guys, i'm visiting new york from the 5th-10th april and i'm trying to get some tickets for forbidden broadway but can't seem to get them. is the show closing and re-opening with a different one?

i can seem to get them for march and then from june onwards, but nothing in april. could anyone advise me as to why?

many thanks

re: Was Your Company on PBS Edited for Language?
 Feb 24 2008, 01:38:42 PM
well thats helpful of you. gee thanks. im from the uk. never read the american boards, and asked a question in help. thanks alot for your kindness
re: Was Your Company on PBS Edited for Language?
 Feb 24 2008, 01:07:30 PM
does anyone know when its to be released on dvd?
i'm coming to new york in april and was wondering if it will have been released by then?

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You