pixeltracker

Help out a fellow BWW'er please :D

Help out a fellow BWW'er please :D

tommyslim Profile Photo
tommyslim
#1Help out a fellow BWW'er please :D
Posted: 5/4/09 at 4:19pm

Hi, i'm a Musical Theatre Student at Drama School in the UK. As part of my final semeseter I have to write a dissertation, of which i'm currently doing some research for.

I have created a questionaire online, and it would really help me out alot if you could fill it out for me. It won't take you long to do, and it is based around casting in theatre. I have done alot of UK based research but I would love to hear the view from people on the other side of the world, particularly in America!

Anyone can fill it in, but if there are any black performers on here who could fill it out it would be an extra help for me!!

Thanks Guys, i really appreciate any help, the link is below!

http://FreeOnlineSurveys.com/rendersurvey.asp?sid=394cdj1d446q1l5590154

"Lateness is a choice" - Sir Trevor Nunn

defyingravity11 Profile Photo
defyingravity11
#2re: Help out a fellow BWW'er please :D
Posted: 5/4/09 at 4:53pm

I just did a report on minstrelsy!

Filled out the survey. Good luck!

"In theater, the process of it is the experience. Everyone goes through the process, and everyone has the experience together. It doesn't last - only in people's memories and in their hearts. That's the beauty and sadness of it. But that's life - beauty and the sadness. And that is why theater is life." - Sherie Rene Scott
Updated On: 5/4/09 at 04:53 PM

singtopher Profile Photo
singtopher
#2re: Help out a fellow BWW'er please :D
Posted: 5/4/09 at 5:52pm

Done.

"If this is going to be a Christian nation that doesn't help the poor, either we have to pretend that Jesus was just as selfish as we are, or we've got to acknowledge that He commanded us to love the poor and serve the needy without condition and then admit that we just don't want to do it." -Stephen Colbert

Tom's Cat Profile Photo
Tom's Cat
#3re: Help out a fellow BWW'er please :D
Posted: 5/4/09 at 7:26pm

I did it. I hope it helps you. I kept expecting to be asked if I'd ever attended a minstrel show. I used to see them all the time when I was very small. Now I can't even imagine it!

Meow!

winston89 Profile Photo
winston89
#4re: Help out a fellow BWW'er please :D
Posted: 5/5/09 at 2:35am

I always thought that a minstrel show was what my brother's girlfriend went through once a month. Oh wait I think I am thinking of something else.

"If you try to shag my husband while I am still alive, I will shove the art of motorcycle maintenance up your rancid little Cu**. That's a good dear" Tom Stoppard's Rock N Roll

emo_geek Profile Photo
emo_geek
#5re: Help out a fellow BWW'er please :D
Posted: 5/5/09 at 3:56am

done

"I never had theatre producers run after me. Some people want to make more Broadway shows out of movies. But Elliot and I aren't going to do Batman: The Musical." - Julie Taymor 1999

Rudy2 Profile Photo
Rudy2
#6re: Help out a fellow BWW'er please :D
Posted: 5/5/09 at 5:29am

I just did it. :)

Feb. 28 - Looped, Feb. 28 - Next to Normal, March 4 - Hair, March 11 - A Little Night Music, March 24 - Time Stands Still, April 6 - La Cage Aux Folles, April 10 - Anyone Can Whistle (City Center), April 10 - Looped, May 9 - Enron, May 15 - A Little Night Music, May 15 - A Behanding In Spokane, May 30 - A Behanding In Spokane, May 30 - A Little Night Music, June 20 - A Little Night Music, June 23 - Red, June 23 - Sondheim on Sondheim, July 13 - A Little Night Music, July 18 - The Grand Manner (Lincoln Center)

millie_dillmount Profile Photo
millie_dillmount
#7re: Help out a fellow BWW'er please :D
Posted: 5/5/09 at 8:06am

Just finished the survey - good luck!

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611

Amalia Balash Profile Photo
Amalia Balash
#8re: Help out a fellow BWW'er please :D
Posted: 5/5/09 at 11:00am

Interesting survey. Just finished it.

blondebaby589 Profile Photo
blondebaby589
#9re: Help out a fellow BWW'er please :D
Posted: 5/5/09 at 11:12am

Done!

www.tinydancer5.tumblr.com

MeganW Profile Photo
MeganW
#10re: Help out a fellow BWW'er please :D
Posted: 5/5/09 at 11:21am

Finished! Whew, I feel like I'm in school again, I can't wait to see my grade!

If people have split views about your work, I think it's flattering. I'd rather have them feel something about it than dismiss it.
Stephen Sondheim

bestoffates.com

Esparzafan Profile Photo
Esparzafan
#11re: Help out a fellow BWW'er please :D
Posted: 5/5/09 at 11:49am

Done! Good luck!