News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Heybeenfood

Heybeenfood Profile Photo
Member Name: Heybeenfood
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

When the Rain Stops Falling
 Feb 16 2010, 11:47:03 PM
Best play of the season. Pitch-perfect in every single regard. I am practically drowning in a pool of tears still.
re: Catch Me If You Can (Sneak Peek in Seattle)
 Jun 28 2009, 01:27:03 AM
This recording is performed by Roxie Barlow, Deidre Goodwin, Chester Gregory, Leslie Kritzer, John Pizzarelli, Angie Schworer, Marc Shaiman & Clarke Thorell. The first vocalist is clearly Schworer.
re: Peter and the Starcatchers
 Feb 17 2009, 10:35:22 PM
Any updates?
re: BWW Consensus: THE AMERICAN PLAN?
 Jan 12 2009, 11:53:05 PM
All 3 women are terrific in it, but Greenberg has to add the superfluous "twist". Just as he did with Pal Joey with the club owner, he adds that element that isn't needed. I really liked the first act, and I was hoping the second act would be more of a Grey Gardens/Light in the Piazza. However, the second act fell flat for me.

Scenery was fine. Lily Rabe continues to mesmerize.

re: Is anyone going to tonight's first preview of THE AMERICAN PLAN?
 Jan 10 2009, 06:56:03 PM
Runtime anyone?
re: Speed-the-Plow Student Rush
 Dec 29 2008, 12:21:49 PM
How many tickets can be purchased per I.D.?
re: HAIR marquee went up this AM
 Dec 21 2008, 12:02:55 PM
Do you guys think this will turn a profit? I mean it says that the opening was pushed earlier due to ticket demand, but I can't see this one selling out.
re: Marx, Pennette, Griffin, and Anthony Developing FLINSTONES Musical
 Dec 3 2008, 07:10:44 PM
The reason Broadway is going down the drain is that the economic climate we're in sucks. This forces witty writers who win Tony awards for original works to resort to brand names, so their musicals can be produced.

Glad to see Marx working again, but where's Bobby Lopez?

re: Last Preview: Attendance
 Nov 29 2008, 03:35:42 PM
Reviewers tend to come on the last few nights of previews, so you can bet that the stars will be in that night.
re: ON THE TOWN Reviews
 Nov 20 2008, 10:47:10 PM
Isherwood's preview:

The fleet’s in this weekend, at least on 55th Street, where a radiant production of “On the Town” has docked at City Center through Sunday. Hop aboard the celestial subway train of Leonard Bernstein’s piping, pumping, altogether transporting music — this was the first of his handful of Broadway shows — and you’ll be whisked back to a time when New York, New York, was a wonderland of pleasure, romance and hot fun.

Could merit a transfer.

re: On the Town Encores Thoughts
 Nov 20 2008, 12:35:18 AM
Kritzer was absolute perfection. Not underwhelming at all.
re: Guys and Dolls' - Sky casting
 Nov 18 2008, 06:00:13 PM
John Lloyd Young?
re: Tveit Official Frank Jr in CMIYC
 Nov 2 2008, 09:25:00 PM
I've been following this show closely, and it seems to me that Tveit and Butz were going to move on with the show to Broadway, because Lane chose Addams. Tom Wopat has been constant with every workshop, I believe. Louise Pitre and Christine Ebersole have workshopped the mother role. All of the other roles have had various actors, such as Brenda (Keenan-Bolger, Kerry Butler, and Annaleigh Ashford).
re: Thoughts on STREAMERS/ROAD SHOW
 Nov 2 2008, 09:21:14 PM
Couldn't disagree with you more about Streamers.
re: Passing Strange & Spike Lee?
 Oct 26 2008, 09:54:15 PM
Wait 'til the Sundance Film Festival announces their line-up.
re: Christine Ebersole to star in BLITHE SPIRIT Revival
 Sep 29 2008, 09:43:56 PM
"Angela Lansbury and Rupert Everett are said to be on the wish list."

Now THAT's exciting.

re: YAY! For PS fans!
 Sep 10 2008, 11:39:02 PM
I'd love to see this movie hit a few film festivals, and then companies can pick it up after they see its brilliance. Of course, it would be distributed in theaters, ideally.
re: Urinetown audition songs?
 Sep 7 2008, 12:40:31 PM
I can definitely belt it, but they are looking for a song that is not a show tune. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
re: Urinetown audition songs?
 Sep 7 2008, 02:45:27 AM
I'm trying to land Pennywise at my college, and we are not allowed to use songs from the show in our auditions. Any help?
re: Recommendations for a Londoner coming to NY?
 Aug 28 2008, 05:27:41 PM
I'd go with [title of show], and if you haven't seen the imported productions of Equus and The Seagull, then I would see one of those two as well.

Also, A Man For All Seasons and To Be Or Not To Be should be running as well.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You