News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for RachelJean

RachelJean Profile Photo
Member Name: RachelJean
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Amy Spanger and Allison Case to join cast of Matilda  Aug 17 2015, 07:18:19 PM

Allison Case is going to be amazing! So excited for her!

Thank you everyone for your fun answers  Jun 19 2015, 12:57:03 AM
My friend spotted Mary-Louise Parker while we were at a preview of Fun Home!
If you could pick one 2015 Tony nominee, who/what would you choose?  Apr 26 2015, 10:41:24 PM

Add me to the list for Sydney Lucas, but I also hope Beth Malone gets nominated. What a captivating performance, and such an incredible cast!

Nicest or favorite Broadway Theater.  Jan 6 2015, 07:35:22 PM
I love the Booth and Richard Rodgers the most, but I've never been a fan of the Imperial. It's beautiful but the rows of seats are so close together and uncomfortable.
Jenn Colella If/Then  Oct 1 2014, 06:01:05 PM
I hope she gets to go on soon. I'd love to hear her "Always Starting Over."
Understudies:biggest disappointments/best surprises  Sep 17 2014, 04:20:08 PM
A week after winning the Tony, James Monroe Iglehart was out of Aladdin for the weekend. Michael James Scott was on, and he was phenomenal. He's just as talented as Iglehart, if not better!
Bring Gavin Creel back to Broadway  Aug 29 2014, 07:50:05 PM
HEDWIG, absolutely! He would be so great!
Embarrasing Broadway moments.  Aug 15 2014, 10:45:14 PM
Not sure if it qualifies as embarrassing since I'm sure the audience didn't really notice (although it was strange) but when I saw "Nice Work if You Can Get It," Jennifer Laura Thompson made her entrance in one scene with a green glow-stick attached to the side of her gown. She noticed it midway through and tossed it on the couch behind her. Later when the female ensemble entered and sat on the couch, one of them grabbed it and held onto it while the others looked on and tried not to laugh. It w
re: Best Stage Door Experiences  Jul 27 2014, 02:01:29 PM
My stage door experience after seeing "Peter and the Starcatcher" was one of my favorites. Celia Keenan-Bolger and Adam Chanler-Berat are truly the sweetest, most genuine people. I also met Laura Osnes that day (she had seen the show as well) and she was just as lovely!
Pippin Tour cast  Jun 25 2014, 06:19:21 PM
Many people on here called this casting after Allen was voted off The Voice. Very excited that this is happening for her! She'll be terrific.
Jersey Boys movie  Jun 21 2014, 11:12:46 AM
It was a packed house of senior citizens at the 4 PM showing I went to yesterday as well. Overall, I felt the film could have been a lot better. However the audience I was with absolutely LOVED it. Laughing, gasping at serious moments, clapping after the musical numbers, etc.

***SPOILERS***

To me, one of the most exciting moments is the finale of "Who Loves You," which was cut down to only a few lines. That was pretty disappointing. Something else that was weird

James Monroe Iglehart out of Aladdin?  Jun 17 2014, 06:00:28 PM
Yes, agreed- Michael was absolutely amazing. He's a phenomenal performer.
James Monroe Iglehart out of Aladdin?  Jun 17 2014, 10:58:02 AM
I went to the Saturday matinee (6/14) and saw Michael James Scott as well. James was also out on that Friday, too. He tweeted that he was attending the graduations of his nieces that weekend, so that's why he was out. He should be returning today but I can't say for sure.
Awkward Stage Door Moments  Jun 13 2014, 11:42:17 AM
I was right against the barrier at the stage door of Vanya and Sonia and Masha and Spike. When Sigourney Weaver came out, naturally people started pushing through the crowd to get closer to her. One woman in particular pushed past me and said "I love your children's books!" to Sigourney. She paused for a moment, looked at me, turned to the woman and said, "I've never written any books." The woman argued with her, "Yes you did, your children's books." Sigourney replied, "I think you have me mista
ALWAYS STARTING OVER - viable as a single ?  Jun 4 2014, 06:05:35 PM
I'm really hoping she sings "Always Starting Over" at the Tonys. "Learn to Live Without" is beautiful but it's not right for the broadcast in my opinion.
NY Times - 5 Tony nominees perform  May 29 2014, 02:29:34 PM
"To Build a Home" is breathtaking a cappella. I wish I could have seen that performance live. Kelli was stunning, as always, and so was James Monroe Iglehart!

Most Mediocre Season (...in a long time)?  May 17 2014, 12:17:19 AM
I agree that this has been a very mediocre season, which is strange because going into it, I was truly excited about it. Looking back, really the only production I enjoyed as a whole was The Glass Menagerie (regretfully, I missed Fun Home)
Idina out second act  May 16 2014, 12:18:20 AM
Yes, Jenn said before the out-of-town tryout that she chose not to be listed as Idina's cover in the Playbill. I would absolutely love to see her take on the role. It'd be really exciting!
Audra on Stephen Colbert  May 1 2014, 09:32:08 PM
PalJoey, the only word that even can be used is "astonishing!" Truly, I am speechless. Thank you for posting this!
So who do you want to win?  Apr 29 2014, 10:33:42 AM
Really hoping that this will be Jessie Mueller's year. And I wouldn't complain about a tie between Cherry and Audra, either!

Also, James Monroe Iglehart for Featured would be such a great win.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You