Idina out second act

steven22 Profile Photo
steven22
#1Idina out second act
Posted: 5/14/14 at 10:36pm

Anyone at if/then tonight? Read on twitter that Idina left after act one and I guess Jackie covered act 2. Wonder how she was.

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#2Idina out second act
Posted: 5/14/14 at 10:39pm

Didn't she have to do that in Wicked once as well? I seem to remember hearing an audio of Defying Gravity that wasn't pretty.

defyingravity11 Profile Photo
defyingravity11
#3Idina out second act
Posted: 5/14/14 at 10:48pm

I was there tonight! Idina was obviously sick from the start, but she did a very good job of muscling through. After the lights dimmed for the second act, they announced that Jackie would be going on, which was met by a second of groans which were then promptly drowned out by applause.

Jackie really knocked it out of the park. It's hard to compare the two since I haven't seen Idina's second act, but Jackie's performance felt fully realized and not just a pale imitation of Idina. If you see it with Jackie, your in good hands!

I really liked this show. All my friends that have seen it were less than thrilled, but I found it easy to follow and quite moving. Not my favorite of the year, but absolutely worth a visit.

"In theater, the process of it is the experience. Everyone goes through the process, and everyone has the experience together. It doesn't last - only in people's memories and in their hearts. That's the beauty and sadness of it. But that's life - beauty and the sadness. And that is why theater is life." - Sherie Rene Scott
Updated On: 5/14/14 at 10:48 PM

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#4Idina out second act
Posted: 5/14/14 at 10:49pm

But did she still stage door?

defyingravity11
#5Idina out second act
Posted: 5/14/14 at 10:51pm

^Haha!!! I hope she's in bed!

"In theater, the process of it is the experience. Everyone goes through the process, and everyone has the experience together. It doesn't last - only in people's memories and in their hearts. That's the beauty and sadness of it. But that's life - beauty and the sadness. And that is why theater is life." - Sherie Rene Scott

veronicamae Profile Photo
veronicamae
#6Idina out second act
Posted: 5/14/14 at 10:56pm

So curious how Jackie sounds on those songs!

BroadwayGirl107 Profile Photo
BroadwayGirl107
#7Idina out second act
Posted: 5/14/14 at 10:57pm

She did have to do this once during Wicked--she actually lost her voice DURING "Defying Gravity."

I hope she gets better soon! She's been running on a crazy, almost sleepless schedule lately, it seems.

defyingravity11
#8Idina out second act
Posted: 5/14/14 at 10:58pm

A lot of mixing and then some serious belting for that 11 o'clock number!

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#9Idina out second act
Posted: 5/15/14 at 12:09am

I wonder if she'll be back tomorrow??

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

broadwayguy2
#10Idina out second act
Posted: 5/15/14 at 12:22am

Read:
"I am doing act one so that the producers do not have to offer refunds and, more importantly, I do not have to lose 1/8 of my salary this week. Kthnx, bye. Suit up, Burns."

YouWantitWhen???? Profile Photo
YouWantitWhen????
#11Idina out second act
Posted: 5/15/14 at 12:45am

I saw the matinee and she seemed great. If that is Idina under the weather, holy hell. Both she and LaChanze sang their faces off.

Updated On: 5/15/14 at 12:45 AM

FindingNamo
#12Idina out second act
Posted: 5/15/14 at 12:45am

Do you think your audience broke Idina?

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

beltingbaritone Profile Photo
beltingbaritone
#13Idina out second act
Posted: 5/15/14 at 12:48am

When I read in my Playbill that Jackie Burns was the standby, I thought, "I have to see this when she's on." I know it's terrible to wish an actress anything but good health, but I'm kinda hoping Idina is still out for the Saturday matinee.

Men don't even belt.

VotePeron Profile Photo
VotePeron
#14Idina out second act
Posted: 5/15/14 at 12:57am

If anyone knows if Jackie is going on Thursday, PM me! Would love to go see her!

gleek4114 Profile Photo
gleek4114
#15Idina out second act
Posted: 5/15/14 at 7:53am

^ There is an understudy page on Twitter that posts when it's official that a cast member will be out.

Claudia Draper
#16Idina out second act
Posted: 5/15/14 at 9:40am

^ Can you tell me what the twitter handle is?

gleek4114 Profile Photo
gleek4114
#17Idina out second act
Posted: 5/15/14 at 9:42am

@understudies

Dessie
#17Idina out second act
Posted: 5/15/14 at 9:50am

She is scheduled to sing at 9/11 museum this AM

YouWantitWhen???? Profile Photo
YouWantitWhen????
#18Idina out second act
Posted: 5/15/14 at 10:10am

LaChanze is singing in her place.

veronicamae
Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#20Idina out second act
Posted: 5/15/14 at 12:43pm

"Brigde Over Troubled Water"?

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

promisespromises2 Profile Photo
promisespromises2
#21Idina out second act
Posted: 5/15/14 at 1:16pm

^That's all I could focus on as well.

veronicamae
#22Idina out second act
Posted: 5/15/14 at 2:08pm

Better than what I saw tweeted from an official outlet: "Bridge Under Troubled Water."

Claudia Draper
#23Idina out second act
Posted: 5/15/14 at 2:34pm

She sang Amazing Grace, deciated to her late husband(a 9/11 victim)and it was beautiful. She is a more apporiate choice too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kd_uEXyufGM

VotePeron Profile Photo
VotePeron
#24Idina out second act
Posted: 5/15/14 at 2:35pm

^ That is really beautiful! So glad she got to do it!

Any idea when we will hear if Idina is performing?