News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for ScottK

Member Name: ScottK
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

ILLINOISE Reviews  Apr 27 2024, 11:56:14 AM

Well...you could offer your tix for sale on the THEATR app.  if it sells, you can get a great seat to ILLINOISE--otherwise, Wilkommen for you!

THE QUEEN OF VERSAILLES musical will have pre-Bway tryout this summer in Boston  Mar 16 2024, 01:38:20 AM

Thx for your reply! But by "new", I purposely wrote 5 yrs or less--I love much of the work of your 3 composers, but at this stage in their careers NONE of them are new. Esp since most of them have 3+ Bway shows each already. And, if you havent seen THE CONNECTOR yet---GO GO GO----nonetheless--the lyrics to this QoV song were not "dreadful"

THE QUEEN OF VERSAILLES musical will have pre-Bway tryout this summer in Boston  Mar 15 2024, 09:04:28 PM

I'd love to know why the lyrics are "dreadful"/"pedestrian."  I actually think they're quite clever and fun--esp at the top of the song. It's VERY Wicked-ish but without the Harburg-ian word extensions of made up words to make rhymes.  Yes, its tough cause he's stuck with "dreams" and "wishes" to make couplets. But nothing was clunky. What modern scores (5 yrs or less---written by the "new" generation) have been

Here We Are 1 ticket Sat Nov 18 @ 1:00  Nov 15 2023, 01:10:31 PM

Yesterday won an amazing seat on TodayTix at around 415pm ! $40 G20 center/center !!!!

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 10/22/23  Oct 25 2023, 10:52:12 PM

CRIPPLE was NOT EVENT CLOSE to recouping--if it returned anything at all, actually

Josh Gad & Andrew Rannells to star in GUTENBERG! THE (BEST) MUSICAL (EVER)  Sep 15 2023, 12:17:01 PM

Went to "dress" last nite.

It is VERY( very) funny!

Josh and Andrew are G.R.E.A.T--SO much to praise about their perfs--and with terrif guidance from Alex!!!!!!

But--the show is no "Title of Show"--I realize Josh/Andrew did not write Gutenberg

(just comparing score/book of a show about writing a show)

KIMBERLY AKIMBO to Broadway this Fall!  Feb 27 2022, 10:21:48 PM

It'll be the Booth--Stone had N2N there--recreate the magic!

TONYA WAS ROBBED  Aug 6 2020, 11:08:26 PM

WICKED was robbed.

And, looking at many of the past 10-15 years of best actress wins--very few were catapulted to stardom, or even a "better" career.

RUSH tix question  Jan 10 2020, 11:28:25 AM

UPDATE--for those interested...

Arrived on line around 810am--#8 on line--Got 2 tix--NOT together (and very far apart) in the mezzanine--LOVELY box office attendant ALLOWED me to leave the tix for my niece!!!! (Person after me got an orch seat--all the way right side)

Again, thanks to ALL who helped/replied!!!

RUSH tix question  Jan 9 2020, 07:50:37 PM

THANKS to those helpful replies!!

RUSH tix question  Jan 8 2020, 11:25:18 PM

"bump"--thanks to the 105 five people who read the post, but does no one know the answer?

again--thanks to all, truly!!

RUSH tix question  Jan 6 2020, 09:19:02 AM

Need some help, please. I'm planning on doing Rush for Beetlejuice on Friday, to get the tix for my niece who lives out of town.  Assuming that I am lucky enough to get them, may I leave them at the box office for her under her name? I can no longer meet her before showtime. Thanks much for any assistance/advice!

Favorite cast album for a show you have never seen?  Oct 28 2019, 08:38:24 PM

Floyd Collins

Question about capitalization for Broadway transfers  Aug 18 2019, 09:35:50 PM

For the most part, the original costs (pre-transfer) would be rolled over into the new Broadway capitalization--yes, costs for the new Broadway production would be reduced, but certainly NOT drastically.

Mixed reviews in- is Moulin Rouge a Big Far Hit?  Jul 27 2019, 01:02:25 PM

Tonys?!

The noms wont be announced til May 2020, the awards til June 2020. That will have VERY little difference to the show unless it struggles until then. At this point, it is doing GANGBUSTERS biz--of course, all that was pre-reviews/opening.  

Let's face it--Good reviews mean relatively nothing, re: Matilda, etc etc etc--its word of mouth--and the poster above showed how his ONE tix led to a TEN tix sale!!! (and even Beetlejuice is doing "ok" based on

Marie: Dancing Still  May 30 2019, 09:27:01 PM

Thank you to all who replied!

Thru "my" grapevine--there is interest to moving it to Bway.

As for the show being about art, is it more about DANCE/BALLET? Will all the dance kids (particularly young girls) want to go see it? See Tyler Peck?

Sorry to hear about some of the neg reviews of the score--anyone have an idea on how to hear any of it? I wasnt the biggest Rocky/Ragtime fan, tho I did adore Island.

Marie: Dancing Still  May 27 2019, 09:21:50 PM

On a recent post for shows we'd like to see transfer, someone had mentioned MARIE: Dancing Still

Did any others see it? It has quite a bit of pedigree (Ahrens/Flaherty/Stroman)--and I just googled some of the reviews which were over the moon for it, so was wondering what us "regular" folk thought!

Funniest shows?  May 19 2019, 10:57:16 PM

a) The original Bway cast of NOISES OFF with Dorothy Loudon--funniest show/production EVER--I couldnt breathe by Act 3

b) The FEMALE version of THE ODD COUPLE with Sally Struthers/Rita Moreno

c) Original cast of THE PRODUCERS with Nathan/Matthew

D) TITLE OF SHOW

The Prom, Tootsie or Oklahoma!  Apr 21 2019, 06:02:22 PM

Between Tootsie and Prom--TOOTSIE (this is Yazbeck of Scoundrel/Monty--and  I much prefer Bands Visit/Women on the Verge)

Havent seen Oklahoma--but I'd probably chose it, over the other 2 (at least you know you are getting a great score)

And, being unasked, Id see Beetlejuice!--didnt really know the movie, and had a really fun time! Certainly enjoyed more than Prom/Tootsie

BEETLEJUICE Previews  Apr 8 2019, 11:48:54 PM

GO BJ!!!! My group of five LOVED this!! Of course we had low expectations, but still...

I had so much more fun at this show than at The Prom and Tootsie--and this score was definitely superior (tho there were MANY MANY cringe-inducing couplets).

I look forward to the CD--and maybe even going back (and I rarely see shows twice).

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You