News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for gingerlemon

gingerlemon Profile Photo
Member Name: gingerlemon
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Most overdone audition songs right now
 Aug 8 2006, 06:02:02 AM
I remember a few years back casting directors would list "No Les Miz or Miss Saigon" in their ads for auditions. What are the overdone songs right now?
re: If you could play ONE role on Broadway........
 Jun 19 2006, 02:21:17 PM
Kim in Miss Saigon, although I'm 5'11" and blonde so I'm not sure how that would work out...
re: What makes a show 'Broadway'?
 May 29 2006, 11:01:42 PM
I always forget about Wiki, that is such a great resource! Thanks :)
What makes a show "Broadway"?
 May 29 2006, 10:58:29 PM
Please excuse my naivete, but I was wondering what exactly makes a show a "Broadway" show as opposed to an "off-Broadway" show? Are B'way show only in certain theatres in New York? Is "off-Broadway" an official title, or can anyone open up a theatre in NYC and call themselves "off-Broadway"?

re: Disney Rant
 May 27 2006, 01:27:37 AM
I agree in an idealistic way. I used to think the same thing about the music business. When Britney Spears makes millions off of an album her record company is able to use some of that money to take a risk on a smaller unknow artist. Unfortunatly I haven't heard many "risks" on the radio lately so I don't know how much water that argument holds.

My fear is that the big Disney shows might some day take over Broadway the way Clear Channel has taken over music.

Matinee Suggestions
 May 27 2006, 12:41:20 AM
If you were going to take an out of town guest to see an on or off-broadway musical what would you take them to?

I'm a bit intimidated posting on this board, but I am a theatre novice and I figured I'd get the best advice here. I'm going to see a matinee this Sunday with my boyfriend but we don't know what to see...we are open to off broadway, but don't know much about those shows. The Broadway shows we are intersted in are -

Sweeny Todd
Spelling Bee
Avenue Q
S

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You