News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for nesatchr

nesatchr Profile Photo
Member Name: nesatchr
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: What's Wrong With Beauty and the Beast?
 Nov 22 2005, 09:11:31 AM
It's got value as a story. But the score, the score! Mind-numbing after a few days.
re: Jerry Orbach Dies at 69
 Dec 29 2004, 11:44:36 AM
So sad...RIP Jerry Orbach...

You know, for someone who only first knew him as Briscoe or Dr. Hausmann (sp?), it was an amazing surprise to hear him sing. What a gorgeous, phenomenal voice he had. I'm so glad his singing is included in the Broadway DVD. The 42nd St. clip was wonderful, and the clip of him singing as Billy Flynn totally wiped the floor with Richard Gere (not like that would have been hard...). Did Briscoe ever sing in any Law and Order episode? That would have been too gr

re: Classic amazing shows - TERRIBLE songs
 Dec 10 2004, 10:54:07 AM
i'm going to be unpopular here, but I've never liked "Much More" from The Fantasticks. I love the show, I like the sentiment, i like the lyrics, but the music does nothing for me, and I never assign it. too many repeated notes, octave leaps, bor-ring. There are lots of songs I hate from shows I hate, but that's the only song I don't like from a show I DO like.
re: Karate Kid musical
 Dec 10 2004, 10:40:48 AM
That sounds really funny. I use the Karate Kid as a reference when I'm teaching vocal technique.
welcome, Anthony
 Dec 8 2004, 06:12:06 PM
..or welcome to me, as you've been posting and I haven't. I enjoyed your performance of Nocturne at St. Mary's Hall in 2001-2002 (?) My books made up some of your props/set pieces, as the set was assembled by my obnoxious brother-in-law. I did not stick around afterward to congratulate you then, so congratulations on a deeply moving (if awful and creepy) piece. I have a close friend who got to know you in Austin in 1992 or so. And I believe you gave a master class at my school when you were in t
re: stupid stupid people
 Jul 30 2004, 09:49:20 AM
The main thing is that people have been predicting the fall of musical theater since the rise of musical theater. The form is not even 100 years old (if you count 1927--Show Boat--as the beginning of what we know as musical theater). But its death is constantly predicted, even by people like Sondheim. I'm just glad that Broadway continues to prove everyone wrong, year after year.
re: UPTEMPO Suggestions
 May 31 2004, 11:57:23 PM
Did anyone else mention "I Can Cook Too" from On The Town? great song, but a bitch for the pianist! "You can Always Count on Me" is a great Cy Coleman uptempo, but slightly less well-known (and very similar) is his "Nobody does it Like Me" from Seesaw. I also like "No Man Left for Me" from Will Rogers Follies. Also there's "Crossword Puzzle" from Starting Here, Starting Now, which is good if you're a soprano/not much of a belter.
re: Jane Eyre?
 May 24 2004, 09:34:24 AM
Love love love Jane Eyre. When I first came across the CD, I thought the novel would make a crappy musical. I listened to it anyway, and was thrilled to be wrong. I love the score. I love teaching the songs, too; now we have the vocal selections. I'd love to do the show at school.
SPOILERS!
 May 17 2004, 11:27:25 PM
Parade is one of the only show cast recordings that have made me cry. It's amazing. The story hits a lot of nerves about our society. Child labor, immigration, us vs. them, racism, anti-Semitism, sexual predation, socioeconomic differences, Reconstruction, the justice system... I remember watching the movie with Peter Gallagher when I was in high school. It was a made-for-TV movie, it was very moving at the time, but not as much as Parade would be. There are still descendants of Mary Phagan, ap
re: re: re: re: re: Cute Female Duets (old and tired, i know)
 Apr 18 2004, 01:22:46 PM
"Take him" from Pal Joey.

A sweet, pretty (but not necessarily cute and funny) duet is "We Make a Beautiful Pair" from Shenandoah.

re: re: re: re: re: re: re: The Mikado
 Apr 17 2004, 07:11:17 PM
I've played Katisha twice. The first time, my husband and I met doing the show. We were in it together again two years later. So I'm a little biased. But it's great! In G&S, the women are the strong characters, but they can still be funny. Are you interested in suggestions for audition material?
re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: the king and i-
 Apr 17 2004, 07:04:40 PM
Congratulations eponine!
re: re: icon
 Apr 17 2004, 06:54:44 PM
mine was my own picture when I was new to the site and didn't know any better. Now you may all be treated to my beautiful girls Aurora and Isabelle, in the Texas bluebonnets!
re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Male Comedic Songs
 Apr 17 2004, 01:04:28 PM
Try:
"Only With You" from Nine; big punchline at the end when you realize he's singing to several women

"When I'm not Near the Girl I Love" from Finian's Rainbow

"Sara Lee" by Kander & Ebb, it's in And the World Goes 'Round

"Quasimodo" from When pigs Fly: it's in Singer's MT Anthology, Tenor Vol. 3

"Thirteen Collar" by Jerome Kern, but good luck finding it

There are some funny songs from One Touch of Venus (Weill)
and anything from The Producers, which i

re: re: re: re: re: re: re: it just ain't right
 Apr 15 2004, 02:34:03 PM
This is my first post on this site. I just have always found Ms. Chenoweth to be grating. When she was on Letterman (Nathan Lane was guest-hosting during Letterman's surgery), she felt the need to talk about having a master's degree not once, but twice. Her voice doesn't do it for me. It's too forward, too strident. She's very show-offy; her CD is full of "lookit what I can do!" kinds of vocal tricks. I'm just not impressed with her.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You