News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Maureen_Johnson

Maureen_Johnson Profile Photo
Member Name: Maureen_Johnson
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Bad Sondheim lyrics?
 Jul 7 2006, 07:31:14 PM
I know with any composer there're cheesy lyrics, but none of the incredible Stephen Sondheims come to mind. What are some?
Bad Sondheim lyrics?
 Jul 7 2006, 07:31:13 PM
I know with any composer there're cheesy lyrics, but none of the incredible Stephen Sondheims come to mind. What are some?
The 'Official' Patti LuPone Appreciation Thread
 Jul 5 2006, 10:46:39 PM
I'm going to see Kaye on the 9th, and from the recordings I've heard of her in other stuff she sounds good, but she's no Patti.

I was in fits when I found out I was missing Patti.

Bored by Sondheim shows?
 Jun 26 2006, 01:01:40 AM
Act two in Sunday in the Park and a good portion of act one I found quite boring. But Sondheim's work in general is nowhere close to boring.
re: Defying Gravity Question!
 Jun 3 2006, 04:33:05 PM
-snickers-
re: Questions about Lupone and Espinosa
 Jun 3 2006, 04:28:47 PM
Growol. On Patti's site it says that she's only doing Sweeney through July. Wahhhhhhhhhhhhh.
re: Defying Gravity Question!
 May 30 2006, 05:46:47 PM
1,000 feet is absolutely rediculous. the Gershwin's ceiling isn't nearly that tall. I'd say around 20 ft. But I could be off.
re: Best title of a musical
 May 30 2006, 05:40:06 PM
But of course, Avenue Q. Also Woman in White is quite lovely.
re: Best title of a musical
 May 30 2006, 03:17:04 PM
Mm, true Wicked is the same title as the novel. Les Miserables is also lovely, but taken from the book as well.
Best title of a musical
 May 30 2006, 11:10:37 AM
What are some of the neatest titles of musicals? Lots are pretty basic, like The Phantom of the Opera or Sweeney Todd. Others like Hairspray, Hair, and Rent are basic, but have a title that only expresses a very small, fairly unimportant aspect of the show. Or maybe it's considered symbolic...?

My personal favorite title is Wicked, because it isn't that basic, but it shows the theme off the musical. And it sounds really awesome. Into the Woods is a cool title, too. What do you guys thin

re: Favorite song in ur least favorite musical
 May 30 2006, 12:12:40 AM
The Sunday in the Park with George theme in SitPwG.
re: Can you call 'Cats' a musical?
 May 27 2006, 11:05:08 AM
Any theatrical production where the cast sings is a musical, no matter how developed the plot. So both Company and Cats are musicals.
Questions about Lupone and Espinosa
 May 27 2006, 10:59:51 AM
Does anyone know how long Patti's contract with Sweeney lasts?

How about Eden's with Wicked?

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You