News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for BroadwayKiwi

Member Name: BroadwayKiwi
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

COMPANY with George Chakiris  Jan 2 2022, 11:04:18 PM

Dollypop said: "Is that Vivian Blaine as JoAnn?"

That’s Julie Wilson from the tour... Vivian only played it on Broadway ☺️
Sadly I’ve never come across any audio or video of Mr Chakiris... the only audio from the tour I know of is Gary Krawford, the final replacement...

COVID performance cancellation  Dec 31 2021, 02:44:01 PM

poisonivy2 said: "Apparently Moulin Rouge canceled mid-show today.

ETA: oops it was yesterday.
"

This happened in Australia at the Dec 31 matinee, but I didn’t hear of it in NYC as well - was it canceled midway..?

The Official TDF Thread  Nov 24 2021, 06:26:43 PM

Thanks so much for your thoughts and info Chris, that really helps me!! ☺️☺️

The Official TDF Thread  Nov 24 2021, 05:44:25 PM

Is TDF generally cheaper/similar price/more expensive than rush and/or lottery tickets? Considering joining but would appreciate thoughts on price comparisons from people who know better than I do! 

Lea Michele Twitter  Jun 2 2020, 05:52:49 PM

Talk about a spring awakening.

"

Theater Book Recommendations  Apr 16 2020, 08:54:18 PM
Stop what you’re doing and order Diary Of A Mad Playwright by James Kirkwood... ASAP!
Patti in her basement  Mar 23 2020, 10:15:03 PM
Patti CoCaine.
Rest In Peace Merwin Foard  Mar 10 2020, 09:10:50 PM

So sad to read of the passing of the great Merwin Foard, a true Broadway legend.

https://www.broadwayworld.com/article/Broadway-Veteran-Merwin-Foard-Passes-Away-at-59-20200310

Interview with Alan Cambell / 'Sunset Boulevard'  Dec 18 2019, 12:58:52 PM
Thanks so much for posting this - I was lucky enough to be in this production with Alan last month, and what a terrific guy he is.

Sunset is my favorite show of all time and Alan has been a great inspiration since my teenage years, and it was one of those cases where you meet your hero (as well as share dialogue with them, what the hell?!) and they turn out to be totally wonderful and giving.

And his performance was, of course, superb!

Documentary Now's  Mar 28 2019, 02:45:56 PM

I was lucky enough to get one from IFC after I commented on one of their Facebook posts.

53-F35452-E9-E6-4971-A102-35-C1-F1-A6-D075
image hosting

Broadway Marquees  Mar 17 2019, 09:48:33 AM
Terrific photos!! The ones of Washington Square Park and Stonewall in the sunlight are especially stunning!!
Rudin and Broadway MOCKINGBIRD Cancel Regional Productions  Feb 28 2019, 05:40:39 PM

This is extremely common when regional/community theatres try to get rights to things that are still playing on Broadway or have an upcoming tour. The rights will often be withheld until the Broadway production/revival closes, or the tour ends. I think Chicago only recently became available.

Rudin is definitely not the first person to take this approach. The Times article mentions a similar stipulation for Mockingbird from decades ago, and although they’re different scripts

Documentary Now's "Original Cast Album: CO-OP" Episode  Feb 28 2019, 02:46:03 PM
There’s a six track vinyl and a digital release coming
Rudin and Broadway MOCKINGBIRD Cancel Regional Productions  Feb 28 2019, 12:52:10 PM

I think if this was one regional production in question, legal action might have been waived. But based on the numbers of productions around the country, some probably within the miles-limit allowed, I think it’s more practical and “efficient” (for want of a better word), to use a blanket policy across the board.

And yes, it’s unfair etc etc, but if you had a contract with someone, wouldn’t you want it honored? Otherwise, why do we need contracts for a

Rudin and Broadway MOCKINGBIRD Cancel Regional Productions  Feb 28 2019, 12:19:55 PM
As they say in Matilda... a contract is a contract is a contract.

If this article in the Times is accurate, it sounds like Dramatic Publishing has been negligent and should have pulled the rights from these regional productions long ago, as unfortunate as it would have been, but of course the damage is far worse now.

It will be interesting to see what recourse the regional theatres may have against Dramatic Publishing, as I imagine they would have some... although anyone out t

Window Card Collection for sale on ebay  Feb 24 2019, 09:59:42 PM

Hi Jason,
When it comes to window cards, this may sound prosaic, but they’re ultimately worth what someone at that moment is willing to pay for them. There’s just no catalogue or Christie’s/Sotheby’s market for them.

As in... someone on eBay may tell you that a signed Sweeney is worth 50, then I come along and offer 100, which is great for you as the seller.
But if someone offers you 45 for Annie and you don’t take it but instead wait for a better offer, you may never sell it at all.

Also, if you have some item specifics about the ones you feel people are lowballing you on, I’m sure some posters here can offer advice

RENT Live on Fox  Jan 27 2019, 09:16:51 PM
But the REALLY good show is gonna be in the conference room at FOX at 9AM tomorrow.
RENT Live on Fox  Jan 27 2019, 08:42:40 PM
No day but yesterdays tape.
Possible Extra Ticket to show  Mar 31 2018, 12:52:34 PM
For today’s dress reh, my ticket on the site currently says 3pm check in starts, 3:30pm priority check in closes, 4:30pm (regular?) check in closes
How to get tickets to Jesus Christ Superstar Live?  Mar 29 2018, 04:27:18 PM

Received an email at midday confirming me for two priority pit tickets, Saturday dress rehearsal!

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You