News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Dean

Dean Profile Photo
Member Name: Dean
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Side Show previews in LaJolla
 Dec 17 2013, 05:11:13 PM
The production does not end with the wedding. The best way to describe how to think about the reimagined show is to tell you that the show is more historical and more directly linked to the actual story of the Hilton twins than the first version was. I was just listening to the original Bway cast album and it is striking how the historical changes actually 'work' for me the more I listen to the original show. What a score though. Amazing. I have to say it will be hard to find someone wi
 Dec 16 2013, 09:34:15 AM
I'm really happy I attended the final performance at La Jolla Playhouse last night. I had gone to the first preview. There were no curtain speeches or any acknowledgement that it was the end of the run. I found the show much tighter and infinitely better performed than at the preview (I know, duh...) Erin and Emily were simply excellent, truly bringing to mind (though still not touching) the iconic performance of Emily and Alice. I hope these two continue with the production to Washing
 Dec 15 2013, 10:22:07 AM
I'm headed to tonight's final performance in La Jolla. Very anxious and excited to see how the production has evolved over the run, especially the performances. I'll get to see the Kennedy Center version too.
Susan Haskins of Theater Talk
 Nov 21 2013, 07:13:27 PM
I think she is terrific and when given the chance to talk by Riedel very aware and insightful. He talks over her all the time and it is simply sexist and boorish behavior to me. In some episodes his behavior detracts from the guests and Susan! I love the show and would like more Susan, less Michael every time.
 Nov 7 2013, 04:09:34 PM
Saw last night's preview and truly enjoyed it. While I miss some of the music that has been cut, the changes to the script seem to give the entire story a better arc. And the new songs are fine. I'm sure many additional changes are coming now that they are up in front of an audience. I love this score and the story and hope that this reimagined version does well! I'm holding back opinions of specific performances because they are still so very early in the run. We were told last night wa
Elaine Stritch : movin over and out
 Apr 6 2013, 01:31:27 PM
The video of her "At Liberty" show will always be one of my favorite theater-on-video experiences (I wasn't in NYC to see it live.) Her talent is unique and not for everyone, however, her personality, timing and love for the stage is unparalleled. Best wishes to Elaine, and thank you for your contributions to the theater.
Steve Kazee is leaving Once!
 Mar 19 2013, 05:10:44 PM
It is inexcusable at this point for the show not to have made a formal public announcement about Kazee's prolonged absence. He is the Tony winner and the show is the Tony winner. People simply need to know that he is out for good. This could have happened weeks ago with a simple public announcement. Instead, the show's producers have kept people guessing. By doing so, they hope those same people won't ask for refunds with Kazee out. Very poorly played by all, and unacceptable in a Broadwa
Steve Kazee - in or out?
 Mar 10 2013, 09:30:50 AM
I wish we could hear how he is doing. The weeks of absences and the silence on his usually active Twitter account are actually scary for me at this point. Some public statement updating us on his health would be welcome.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You