News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for showtunesguy89

Member Name: showtunesguy89
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Bass-Baritones, Baritones, and Lead Roles
 Jun 2 2006, 01:19:43 PM
I'm just mildly curious if any popular musicals throughout our generation have ever featured a bass-baritone or a baritone as the lead?
re: Scores lowered to fit certain actors?
 Jun 2 2006, 01:16:18 PM
Let's see. Scores have been lowered for numerous actresses and actors. Some examples include Glenn Close in Sunset Boulevard for the part of Norma (the song "As If We Never Said Goodbye" was lowered), for Susan Egan in Cabaret for the part of Sally (the song "Cabaret" was lowered a half-step down), and for Boyd Gaines in Company for the part of Robert (the song "Being Alive" was lowered to adjust to his bass-baritone voice).
re: Questions about 'Company' libretto
 Jun 1 2006, 12:12:07 PM
It's a great thing to see that people around my age are willing to do this kind of a show. I absolutely love Company. However, the non-linear storyline (as said before) might lose some interest in the show; however, seeing that my school put on a production of "Lend Me A Tenor," where sex was prevalent throughout, I don't see that the idea of Company at a school is absolutely unfeasible. The smoking pot, if true, should be done safely; however, it's not absolutely necessary. After all, Company i
re: Wicked - 5/31/06 - Review
 Jun 1 2006, 12:03:03 PM
I haven't seen Wicked at all yet. And I've been dying to see Eden Espinosa on stage again, lol. I saw her in Brooklyn and she was freaking amazing. Anyways, your review encourages me to watch it right now, lol. Damn. I MUST see it!
re: Who would you like to sound like?
 Jun 1 2006, 11:59:13 AM
Who I would like to sound like would all depend on which gender I was...

If I was a woman, I'd love to sing like Liz Callaway 'cos she practically has a flawless voice.

If I was a man, I'd like to sing like myself mixed with Michael Crawford. That man's voice is beautiful.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You