News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for MariantheLibrarian

MariantheLibrarian Profile Photo
Member Name: MariantheLibrarian
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Broadhurst Seating?  Jan 31 2009, 10:34:25 AM
Awesome, that is helpful indeed.
Broadhurst Seating?  Jan 31 2009, 10:18:37 AM
Is the Broadhurst huge? I'm trying to decide whether or not to get seats on the side, but I obviously want to be able to see what's happening. Is row D, left orchestra okay for viewing purposes?
Not to pollute the board with another rush question...  Oct 21 2008, 06:07:01 PM
But I'm going to NY rather spontaneously this weekend (from Chicago) and was wondering what time it's good, especially on the weekend, to get to the box office for Tale of Two Cities and Gypsy. Is it nigh impossible to get tickets to the latter Sat/Sun? And I'm assuming The Seagull almost always sells out.
re: Mary Stuart in 2009  Aug 12 2008, 04:40:38 PM
Oh my gosh, I love you. You're sure about this?
re: Mary Stuart in 2009  Aug 12 2008, 04:14:35 PM
But no dates announced yet?
Mary Stuart in 2009  Aug 12 2008, 03:08:54 PM
Hey, does anyone know what theatre Mary Stuart's going to be in next year?
re: Boys from Syracuse - Shortest Day of the Year?  Jul 11 2008, 08:20:09 AM
Excellent! Thank you so much!
re: Boys from Syracuse - Shortest Day of the Year?  Jul 10 2008, 11:07:28 PM
Oh, awesome. So it's when Antipholus of Syracuse is already in the house, and so A of E is locked out? Or did they change it from Comedy of Errors and have Adriana throw him out?
re: Boys from Syracuse - Shortest Day of the Year?  Jul 10 2008, 08:35:52 PM
Yeah, actually I got interested in it because of Chicago Shakespeare Theater's recent production. Antipholus of Ephesus is Adriana's husband, but I didn't know if the song was supposed to be tongue in cheek or not, because the general interpretation is that he's not the best husband.
Boys from Syracuse - Shortest Day of the Year?  Jul 10 2008, 07:35:51 PM
So, this being not a hugely popular show, I can find little to no information about it. What's the context for Shortest Day of the Year? My cast recording lists it as Antipholus of Ephesus and Adriana, although obviously only he sings it. Any help would be awesome.
re: On the Record On the Road  Dec 13 2004, 05:23:28 PM
I agree that the show...well, isn't quite a show, seeing as how it's in effect a Disney compilation CD, and yes, Ashley Brown was very good, but don't diss the Skinner. Emily was awesome and is waaaay too good to be using her skills to bob up and down to 'Supercalifragilsticexpialidocious'. That woman's able to make the tritest songs seem fraught with emotional undertones. Back me up, Daisy!
Lonely House question  Oct 20 2004, 10:29:26 AM
Hi, really fast question -- who sings Lonely House in Street Scene? Is it Sam?
re: Brooke is really replacing Donna in Wonderful Town  Aug 20 2004, 10:04:24 PM
Grr. I know this is inconceivable and just totally unrealistic, but I want Linda to replace her -- she's absolutely fabulous in the role and deserves it.
re: Skinner and Sutherland Likely for Disney's On the Record  Aug 13 2004, 03:09:28 PM
I was gonna see it in Chicago too -- you can stay with me! Hurray for Emily Skinner coming to the Midwest!
re: What Broadway Character are you?  Jun 13 2004, 07:29:40 PM
From that list? Millie mostly (except for that whole desire to be modern part...which is most of her, but anyway...) with parts of Glinda thrown in. "Parts" most likely being perkiness.
re: What if nobody had written Wicked?  May 5 2004, 01:54:42 PM
"...Eleven year olds would never have been inspired by the profoundness they read into the sappy lyrics of Defying Gravity"

Ok, don't necessarily agree with the other points, but major kudos for that (although it might be even better without 'sappy'...that's understood).

Donna Murphy in SM2  Apr 25 2004, 07:32:10 PM
Just as a kind of refresher, Donna's going to be playing Rosalie Octavius (wife of the bad guy) in Spider-Man 2. I know *I'm* excited. But, Donna and Alfred Molina? Wonderful Town meets Fiddler?
re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: kristen  Apr 16 2004, 01:33:58 PM
Ok, really briefly: I like Kristin a lot, but I'm not acquainted with everything surrounding her career, so I'm not going to 'take sides' in this interesting debate. :) I was actually wondering if anyone had any links to articles where she talks about her faith? I can't find *any*, but maybe I'm searching under the wrong things.
re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Candide with Kristen Chenoweth  Apr 13 2004, 05:56:42 PM
I believe there's a video of Kristin singing Glitter at that concert on the site http://www.kristin-chenoweth.com
It's in the "News" section on the right side. :) Not super-duper fond of it, but it's cute and Kristin rules despite almost anything.

re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Emily Skinner  Apr 11 2004, 09:18:19 PM
I'm gonna get the camera developed! I just have to take 21 more pictures! Plus, I left it at home again, so I'm gonna have to get it at some point in order to *take* the pictures...anyway, don't worry -- the Emily McDonald's picture WILL be developed someday.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You