News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for bwaychae5192

bwaychae5192 Profile Photo
Member Name: bwaychae5192
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Blog Address:
Profile: Michaela. Sorority girl living in the Midwest. Avid theatre-goer.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

In The Heights revival?  Aug 15 2016, 06:04:17 AM

You can also search productions through the "Upcoming" tool on R&H Theatricals' website. 

I know it's not a Broadway production, but you'd be able to experience the material at least. Plus you might find a regional company that you love, or some exceptionally talented high school kids. 

2016 - 2017 Touring Season  Mar 13 2016, 01:37:21 PM

ASU Gammage in Tempe doesn't announce their full season until March 21st, but I know they're getting Hamilton and The Book of Mormon in Spring 2017. (I actually have my BoM tickets already)

Here's the Hamilton press release/info: http://asugammage.com/hamilton 

One of the other theatres in the area will be doing In the Heights this coming season, so I'm getting a major LMM fix and I couldn't be more excited.

College Inquiry  Sep 14 2015, 12:52:46 AM

It's not in New York, but the University of Evansville has a really awesome Theatre Management program and the department itself is ranked really high nationally. They do all sorts of different things and you're placed in a practicum freshman year. Plus, the business school where you'd take those sorts of classes is nationally ranked. Most of my friends who were Theatre Management majors got awesome internship placements at places like La Jolla Playhouse. I wasn't a part of UE

Your Broadway Crushes  Aug 19 2015, 07:17:47 PM

Gavin Creel, Derek Klena, and Aaron Tveit. 

*swoon*

Which musical should Lincoln Center revive next?  Jul 29 2015, 03:29:03 AM

Perhaps THE SECRET GARDEN? True, it's not a Golden Age show, but it seems like something they'd want to get their hands on if they couldn't produce something like CAROUSEL, MY FAIR LADY, etc.

Stop dressing like crap!  Jul 29 2015, 03:12:08 AM

People definitely tend to be a bit more dressed up for evening shows in general.

And it's true that people get really dressed up for regional theatre. Heck, even the students at my university typically dress a little nicer when they see the productions on our campus. (And I've had people visit my campus and tell me to my face that the majority of the students on campus "look like crap all the time" during any given campus day)

However, I feel that looking presentable in

Theater and the Grammys  Jul 28 2015, 03:06:55 PM

I wonder how the Finding Neverland concept album will come into play... would it be considered among other cast recordings as well, or would it be treated more as a pop album?

Next WICKED Cast  Jul 27 2015, 06:52:19 PM

I knew about Mandy, but it's been a while since she was in the cast. (I was thinking late 2012 onward.)

I forgot about Jenni Barber! I keep thinking she was part of the national tour cast before coming to Broadway. I don't know why/how that happened. Thanks for the reminder!

My Cast for Frozen on B'way  Jul 27 2015, 06:30:11 PM

It seems like some of y'all have seen this video and developed your casting ideas accordingly.

Even though it's being buzzed about now, the physical production is still a few years away. It's likely that a few of the people we suggest here will be too old, too "famous," etc., by the time casting begins. Regardless, I think that Disney would be more likely to cast an unknown as Anna than as Elsa.

Next WICKED Cast  Jul 27 2015, 06:01:11 PM

Wicked on Broadway has a well-known track record for casting Elphaba, Glinda, and Fiyero from their current tour and standby pool (and, in some cases, international productions). 

IIRC, Lindsay Mendez and Derek Klena are the only "new" people that have played their respective roles over the past couple of years or so.

Cast Recordings on streaming services??  Jul 22 2015, 04:55:19 PM

I have a Spotify Premium subscription and tend to use it over the Music app on my iPhone and iPad in most cases. In fact, I haven't even signed up for Apple Music yet because I'm already satisfied with what I get from Spotify.

Maybe it's just a matter of luck, but I find a lot of great cast recordings and composers' compilation albums on Spotify that I probably wouldn't have discovered otherwise. They have a pretty wide scope of availability - Broadway, Off-Broadway, Lond

The unseen side of Theaters  Jul 12 2015, 11:52:25 AM

Beautiful.

These have been making the rounds on Tumblr lately and I smile every time I see them on my dashboard. I love the accompanying text found beneath the slideshow on the link Tag provided. I feel that it strengthens the perspective of the photos. Pasting below in case you missed it:

“The Fourth Wall” is a concept in dramatic theory, often used by actors to signify the invisible stage wall where the audience is seated to

Instruments associated with one specific musical  Jul 3 2015, 12:56:49 PM

"Ukuleles in No, No, Nanette. Prominent in the the 1970's revival orchestrated by Ralph Burns during I Want To Be Happy. I'd enjoy hearing about any other show in which they've been used."

IIRC, in the GODSPELL revival, they use the uke for the beginning of "Learn Your Lessons Well."

Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread  Dec 27 2014, 08:57:56 PM
Saw ITW today and I really enjoyed it!

I figured I would enjoy James Corden and Emily Blunt's performances the most, and I wasn't wrong. They were hands-down my favorites in this cast. Chris Pine was also a standout, and the audience I was part of seemed to only really react to his scenes (especially "Agony"). Meryl was great - I couldn't see another A-lister doing this role justice. I wanted to come out of the film adoring Anna Kendrick, too, but felt underwhelmed with her performance

John Cameron Mitchell to Join HEDWIG on Broadway for 8 Weeks!  Nov 20 2014, 01:45:00 PM
Forgive me because this is kind of a silly question, but would the 8-week engagement end on March 11 or March 18? I didn't see an ending date in that article and I'm not sure whether January 21 or 28 would be considered "week 1."
What's next for Hedwig?  Oct 13 2014, 11:15:25 PM
Ok, so this Jim Parsons idea seems a bit off to me. I fear he would look too awkward and out-of-place for a rock musical. So many people see him only as Sheldon Cooper, and, from what I've seen of his work outside The Big Bang Theory, he's either too similar to Cooper on a personal level or relies too heavily on the "schtick" he's developed with that particular role to really make other characters believable.

Jeremy Renner seems like a pretty cool choice. Casting P!nk as Yitzhak (with a

Musicals That Should Be Made Into Movies  Oct 12 2014, 07:51:59 PM
I'm convinced that MATILDA could be a really interesting film if someone like Tim Burton were to direct it...
What is your career/major  Jul 8 2014, 11:11:09 AM
I'm currently about to start my final (i.e. graduate) year in a 5-year BS/MS program in Health Services Administration with minors in Public Health, Music, and Business.

I'm planning to either get a job in my field after graduation, or working in entertainment PR or theatre administration. I may try to go back to school in a few years and get a Master's in PR, Media Management, or something more business-y (accounting, finance, management, or marketing)

Why all the hate for TARZAN & LITTLE MERMAID?  Aug 15 2013, 05:24:13 PM
Both shows seemed pretty rushed. If I recall correctly, there wasn't a lot of time between the initial announcements and first stage appearance for both of these shows. Compare that to NEWSIES, which was initially announced 3+ years prior to its first appearance on stage. Granted, it was initially intended to be developed for licensing purposes only, but the statement still stands.

Like many folks have already said, the main trouble with TLM was the lackluster technical aspects. The div

Damon Intrabartolo, Writer of Pop Musical Bare, Dies at 39  Aug 15 2013, 05:04:36 PM
It seems like the more talented someone is, the more troubles they face...

This is such sad news. It's always a bit of a heartbreak to lose someone who makes a major impact on the arts community. Sending love and kind thoughts to his friends and family.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You