News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for ne2mo

Member Name: ne2mo
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Yay for Jersey Boys, JLY, and Christian Hoff!
 Jun 12 2006, 12:19:42 AM
You must not have seen the same show's I did. Artisticly, there was no comparison between PJ and ST. I thought that was what the Tony's were awarded for - not entertainment value.
re: WHO ARE THESE TONY VOTERS!!!!!!!!!
 Jun 12 2006, 12:06:23 AM
Um, pretty sure it's ALL theatre. And Pajama Game was very well done and got rave reviews too. Just because your favorite musical didn't win doesn't mean that it was robbed. It's not that surprising, especially since the whole thing no is the "death of the classic American musical". This is an attempt at bringing it back.

Um, actually, um, some of it's just, um, theater. Sweeney Todd was THEATRE. Note caps and, um, spelling.

Jun 11 2006, 11:54:53 PM
I hear you sister. I'm shaking too. But now I'm gonna get over it and shut up. Obviously, the Tony voters don't know their as* from a hole in the groung, as my dear departed grandmother would have said.
 Jun 11 2006, 11:50:42 PM
Ok, I don't think you can compare the two productions of "Sweeney Todd". The incredible brilliance of the original is in no way diminished by the rethinking of the revival. It just proved even more clearly the excellance of the show. Pared down and performed by such unbelievably gifted musician/actors, the production was undoubtedly the finest of this and many other season's to come.
 Jun 11 2006, 11:44:11 PM
We should both collectively get a life, but I've been crying for the past hour. I'm not believing this.
re: Sondheim has been screwed...
 Jun 11 2006, 11:41:34 PM
Yes! Yes! Yes! That production is what theatre is all about!!
The Pajama Game. Pu-lease!!!!

Jun 11 2006, 11:39:28 PM
I couldn't agree more!!!! I saw the show last Sunday and thought there was no doubt that it's brilliance would be awarded tonight. "The Pajama Game"???? I'm sure it's real pretty and fun and about as deep as a west Texas puddle. Sweeney was THEATRE.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You