News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for MrSweetNAwful

MrSweetNAwful Profile Photo
Member Name: MrSweetNAwful
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Profile: Grass is green,
Sky is blue,
False is false and
True is true.
Who is who?
You are you,
I'm me!
Simple? Simple? Simple?
Simple as ABC.
Simple as one-two-three!

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements  Jun 29 2016, 09:49:55 PM

ChildofEarth said: "RNJ has said she doesn't want to replace anyone anymore."

Huh? I know she replaced Yitzhak. What else has she done? Was she ever in RENT? Originating a role is an amazing opportunity for an actor and she's done some really cool shows (American Idiot, Murder Ballad, and my fav Passing Strange), but being a replacement can't be that bad if the gigs are Hamil

HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements  Jun 28 2016, 11:25:28 PM

If Uzo Aduba and Rebecca Naomi Jones don't play Angelica then there is no god.

Hamilton Movie Cast Brainstorming  Jun 28 2016, 01:04:18 AM

I wish we still lived in the days when the movie came not too long after the Broadway debut, but the current financial climate makes this impossible. Shows and tours need to run longer nowadays to recoup and today's society would rather stay inside and watch the DVD if the option is available. However, this just increases the odds of the movie coming off as stale and dated once it finally arrives. By the time Hair hit theaters it was a living time capsule, same goes for Rent. How awkward

The Hollywood Reporter's Actress Roundtable [Tonys 2016]  Jun 2 2016, 03:33:29 PM

The analogy of the freight train that Erivo, Nyong'o, and Lange build upon is so beautiful. (Starts at 14:00 in the video)

Big stars who disappeared  May 15 2016, 11:19:50 PM

Abigale Haness. She played Janet in the 1974 L.A. Roxy Theatre Rocky Horror Show with Tim Curry. To me she's the definitive Janet, the expertly timed devolution of her vocals into a rough, Joplin-like belt on the cast album is insane. She had the pipes to match all of the big rock musicals coming out at that time, but strangely the LA Rocky Show is the sole credit I can find to her name.

Bat Boy film & stage?  May 6 2016, 09:01:36 PM

John Landis was attached to direct a film version around a decade ago but plans fell through. I don't think there's a studio (or anyone for that matter) working on getting a film produced. The show is due for a NY revival though, and maybe that might spur development on a film.

Tom Hooper Directing Movie Version  May 5 2016, 10:38:08 PM

No.

darquegk said: "Go abstract. Abandon the dance elements. Abandon everything and do it up as a Fantasia style film. Combine animation, live action, CGI, whatever. 
The only possible way this could work is if it doesn't resemble the Broadway show, or the prior filming, at all.
"

...maybe.

What book/movie would make a great musical?  Apr 26 2016, 02:53:17 PM

I've been saying this for years, Boogie Nights would make for a very interesting musical. Large ensemble cast, period piece spanning multiple decades, specific subculture; it's perfect for a musical. After Avenue Q, Book of Mormon, and Oh Calcutta! I think Broadway is ready for a comedy-drama-p*rno show.

Thanks to 9/11 we never got a chance to have an Earth Girls Are Easy musical. It was workshopped with Chenowet

How much longer do you think Book of Mormon and Wicked will last?  Apr 26 2016, 02:34:37 PM

Wicked will probably be safe for another five to ten years. Then they'll produce a film version just to keep the stage show propped up for an extra five until they're forced to pull the plug. And after that it'll still tour ten or twenty years into the future.

AMERICAN PSYCHO Previews  Mar 31 2016, 01:46:01 AM

I'm kinda bummed that Oh, Sri Lanka got cut. I listened to the OLCR over the weekend and that number might be the most satirical song in the show. I dunno about those quasi-rapped verses, but the chorus is great (the melody is sublime and the lyrics are somehow ridiculous and honest at the same time) and I love the melody to "I hope you DIE, yuppie scum!"

I wish they'd lose Killing Time instead. It's a prett

Don't the Unions have better things to do  Mar 31 2016, 12:31:57 AM

leeleecocororo said: "Can someone tell me the reason why Radames and Amneris are white?"

Wtf!  Mar 4 2016, 11:54:04 PM

It's as if they're under the assumption that LGBT Rights are the only issue the Obama presidency has focused on. The audacity of waving this off with a "but wont someone think of the refugees!" when the Dems have been much more favorable to refugee immigration than anyone on the right.
That said, I do love the delicious hypocrisy in the use of the phrase "sexual extremism". And I, too, hope that a new set of posters and artwork will be adorned w

American Psycho Preview Video  Feb 25 2016, 11:00:29 PM

I have to say, as someone who's excited for this show, the preview montage made everything look pretty awful, however the full videos posted later are really redeeming, especially for "Selling Out" and "The Card Song".

The choreography for "Selling Out" is still pretty fking awkward, but it sounds fantastic and the little scenes interspersed within look great. The zombified/teetering movements of the background characters is a nice t

Hamilton movie??  Feb 23 2016, 07:50:36 PM

UrNotAMachine said: "If anyone hasn't seen it yet, someone made a storyboard version of "The world was wide enough" and I really love the cinematic take on it.  https://vimeo.com/151533418"

That is frighteningly well done and is a good example of how this show could transfer to film. Though I always envisioned the "woosh" sounds as Burr's bullet moving closer and closer, not Hamilton moving through time.

I'm not sure why anyone would think the King George songs can't transfer to film. They're not too showy. Is it that George is essentially walking around "America" as the set never changes? You can easily cut to England for his numbers. You'll Be Back would be easiest, too. Just a shot of a messenger on horseback coming up the street. He holds out a scroll. POV shot of Hamilton, Burr and Seabury looking up at the messenger as he unfurls the scroll, taking up the frame and blocking Hamilton and company. Scroll furls back up and but now we see a closeup of Neil Patrick Harris (because c'mon) wearing a crown and a smirk, slowly zooming out revealing him sitting on a throne in a great hall, and now we're in Buckingham Palace.

Jake Gyllenhaal Singing  Feb 23 2016, 05:07:01 PM

Okay, that gave me chills...

Happy 50th Anniversary to SWEET CHARITY!  Feb 2 2016, 12:07:53 AM

The choreography for Single Ladies (Put A Ring On It) lifts some moves as well, from There's Gotta Be Something Better Than This and another Fosse number called Mexican Breakfast

Miscast in Movie Musical Adaptations  Jan 28 2016, 02:12:16 PM

skies said: "Richard  Gere in "Chicago".

Shirley McClaine in " Sweet Charity"

"

Whoa, what didn't you like about Shirley McClaine in Sweet Charity? Besides running a little long that is one of my favorite stage-to-screen adaptations and McClaine is half the reason I love it so much.

What should be NBC's next Live Musical ?  Dec 18 2015, 12:48:01 AM

c0113g3b0y said: "I know that Oliver! is a 'family' show but isn't Nancy bludgeoned to death by Bill?!?"

It's a family friendly bludgeoning.

No, the other posters are right, it's a really disturbing scene that takes place on stage, but usually behind a ledge so you can't actually see anything. Oliver! is probably the darkest "family musical" ever made. It starts off a bit dark (at the orphanage), gets

What should be NBC's next Live Musical ?  Dec 16 2015, 05:41:08 PM

pmensky said: " "Oliver" with Alan Cumming … "

as Fagin or Bill Sykes? I still see him as a bit youthful (at 50!) so I'd believe him as Bill more than Fagin.

SHE LOVES ME revival design's (first) title treatment  Dec 5 2015, 05:54:22 AM

Has She Loves Me ever had a major production with good artwork? Such a generic, spoilerific title that barely captures a fraction of what the show is truly like, it's gotta be hard to make an appropriate logo out of it.

...But Pepto Pink is surely not the way to go...

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You