Wtf!

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#1Wtf!
Posted: 3/4/16 at 7:55pm

https://www.broadwayworld.com/article/Family-Research-Council-President-Calls-FUN-HOME-New-Yorks-Latest-Sexual-Propaganda-20160304

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

RaiseYouUp Profile Photo
RaiseYouUp
#2Wtf!
Posted: 3/4/16 at 10:09pm

Tony Perkins is a worthless human being. I've always hated the guy, but this just gets me extra mad.

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#3Wtf!
Posted: 3/4/16 at 10:15pm

What a waste of energy out of that man and a waste of time spent on any remote coverage of his statement.

MrSweetNAwful Profile Photo
MrSweetNAwful
#4Wtf!
Posted: 3/4/16 at 11:54pm

It's as if they're under the assumption that LGBT Rights are the only issue the Obama presidency has focused on. The audacity of waving this off with a "but wont someone think of the refugees!" when the Dems have been much more favorable to refugee immigration than anyone on the right.
That said, I do love the delicious hypocrisy in the use of the phrase "sexual extremism". And I, too, hope that a new set of posters and artwork will be adorned with:
"New York's Latest Sexual Propaganda!"
 -Tony Perkins, FRC

You're reminding me of people you hear at the movies asking questions every ten seconds, "Who is that? Why is that guy walking down the street? Who's that lady coming up to him? Uh-oh, why did that car go by? Why is it so dark in this theater?" - FindingNamo on strummergirl

"If artists were machines, then I'm just a different kind of machine...I'd probably be a toaster. Actually, I'd be a toaster oven because they're more versatile. And I like making grilled cheese" -Regina Spektor

"That's, like, twelve shows! ...Or seven." -Crazy SA Fangirl

"They say that just being relaxed is the most important thing [in acting]. I take that to another level, I think kinda like yawning and...like being partially asleep onstage is also good, but whatever." - Sherie Rene Scott
Updated On: 3/4/16 at 11:54 PM

Mister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
#5Wtf!
Posted: 3/5/16 at 12:41pm

"Latest"?  He thinks it's new?  I wonder what would happen if someone told him about a film called Schindler's List.

"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian

FindingNamo
#6Wtf!
Posted: 3/5/16 at 12:42pm

I know!  It's so LAST SEASON!

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

¿Macavity?
#7Wtf!
Posted: 3/6/16 at 12:26am

FindingNamo said: "I know!  It's so LAST SEASON!

"

Hahahahaha! Oh Lord! Ugh, that's bad!

EricMontreal22 Profile Photo
EricMontreal22
#8Wtf!
Posted: 3/6/16 at 12:32am

So these poor people have to pay money to see a show that, unwilling to them, is sexual propaganda?  Wha?

Eliva1
#9Wtf!
Posted: 3/6/16 at 12:50am

RaiseYouUp said: "Tony Perkins is a worthless human being. I've always hated the guy, but this just gets me extra mad"

I think worthless is being polite.

BroadwayBen
#10Wtf!
Posted: 3/6/16 at 1:04am

I was wondering when the extreme right would take off after Fun Home.   Surprised it took them this long. 

Videos